Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times.

Options
  • 15-04-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭

Bought the Irish Times in Spain today. Paid 3.75 for same. No TV listings do the people realise we can watch Irish TV on the Internet. I think most people living abroad are more interested in TV listings than the list of runners in Newcastle, Redcar and Windsor which you published today. It's no wonder many shops do not sell it for some months during the year.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Xenophile wrote: »
    do the people realise we can watch Irish TV on the Internet

That would be the same internet where you can find umpteen websites with TV listings?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

coylemj wrote: »
    That would be the same internet where you can find umpteen websites with TV listings?

Further, a quick perusal of the paper before purchasing would have confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

coylemj wrote: »

Hard to use the internet when you are sitting on a beach with a nespaper and no computer.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You started a thread to complain about the Irish Times having no TV listings...? For real?

Aidric wrote: »
    Further, a quick perusal of the paper before purchasing would have confirmed.

Still wanted the paper for other articles, interesting, I never thought I would get such negative reaction by stating a simple fact.

• Advertisement

Is Vincent Browne a liability to the nation? Yes, I think he is, in his continuous crusade against the Government he is undermining confidence in our leaders and he never brings any sense of optimism about our future prospects.

In his latest tirade he demands to know what conditions if any were available to us before we took to exit the "bailout" without a "safety net". I am glad that nobody would provide him with this info as he would only use it in a negative way.

At one stage some time ago I used to make a point of getting the Irish Times every Wednesday to read his column, but alas no more as I am completely disillusioned by his rantings and ravings.

Maybe like Michael O'Leary, Vincent Browne will have a Damascus Road conversion and add some sweet desert wine to his water and help to bring a much needed feel good factor to the country at least by acknowledging the positives where they exist and there are many "for those who have eyes to see".

Dave! wrote: »
    You started a thread to complain about the Irish Times having no TV listings...? For real?

Yes, after paying 3.75 I expected TV and Radio listings, I had no interest in contacting The Irish Times directly and I know that media publishers read these threads. I consider it quite an intelligent to do.

By the way for the benefit of other continental readers this only happens with the Saturday edition. Irish papers are fighting hard to keep a presence in continental newsagents and many of us would like to be able to have the opportunity of buying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Hard to use the internet when you are sitting on a beach with a nespaper and no computer.

And presumably no TV either.

Saturday's TV listings along with the listing for the following six days are in the weekend magazine which in the normal course would not be included in foreign versions of the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blastit

you have'nt much to trouble you sitting on a beach when others have to work and you whine about it. get a tablet for the beach

blastit wrote: »
    you have'nt much to trouble you sitting on a beach when others have to work and you whine about it. get a tablet for the beach

I have been in full time employment since 1963 yes 1963 and still am that is over 50 years. What's your story, I see you joined this site a month ago, are your comments just your way of getting your post count up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blastit

I have been in full time employment since 1963 yes 1963 and still am that is over 50 years. What's your story, I see you joined this site a month ago, are your comments just your way of getting your post count up?
    well its nice to to be employed sitting on a beach:D

Advertisement