Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What weight should my 21 month old be?

Options
  • 15-04-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My son is 21 months and currently weights about 30lbs. He is quite tall and very active. He is fitting into clothes for his age.
    His appetite isn't huge but he was drinking alot of milk up to last week until we took him off bottle. He wakes alot at night so bottles were all that would settle him but have stopped that now. Any suggestions as to whether I should b worried?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Are you worried that he is over or under weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sarah6785

I'm worried that he is overweight. He doesn't look it but apparently he is on the top level of the chart the phn has.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would not worry unless you let him eat alot of "rubbish"
    what height is he?
    My 26 month old weighs about 24lbs and is not much more then 80cm,she is tiny:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

My 26 month old was 84cm and 29lb. He's taken a spurt recently so probably a few cm taller now.

You say he's at the top of the charts but is that in terms of weight and height? Has he always been the same?My son is around 50th and kind of has been since about 6 months. He's a bit of a short ar5e but I can see he's becoming more lean now and losing the baby fat.

As moonbeam said, if his diet is healthy and not full of sugar and 'rubbish' then he's the weight he's supposed to be.

He is on the top bar for weight and 2nd from the top for height so to me he is still pretty much in proportion. He doesn't get much "rubbish" and is great to eat fruit and veg. Not sure of exact height. He has always been on the same level for height(tall for his age) but has just moved up 1 bar in the weight. I'm paranoid about it being over weight myself don't want that for him!

• Advertisement

I would not worry about it once he gets exercise and eats healthy.
    People come in all different shapes and sizes ,even my 3 kids are completely different at the same age:)

Just checked and he is 88cm so
    Not doin to bad I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Sarah6785 wrote: »
    He is quite tall and very active.
    He is fitting into clothes for his age.
    His appetite isn't huge

I think you've answered your own question OP, he seems perfectly fine. Every child is different, charts are based on averages and there's no such thing as an average person!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

My 21 month old is 29 lbs. Tall too and very active. Appetite has decreased a bit lately. I'm happy with his weight and his diet. I would always prefer them to have a few extra pounds at this age as when they get sick they lose it so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

88cm is definitely tall for that age. Looks like you'll have a basketball player on your hands!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My daughter is 28.5 months and she weighs 30.5 lbs. This time last year she was 30 lbs, but she has taken a massive growth spurt in height since then and nearly everyone that I meet remarks on her height, although I'm not sure what she is now! She was 89cm on her second birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

one of mine was 23lbs at 9 months and the same weight at 18 months! He looked very overweight as a baby but once he was walking it fell off him. Didnt eat junk just loved his dinner! Hes 3 and half now and do you think I can get him to eat his dinner......

Advertisement