Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Gas & Electricity

Options
  • 15-04-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am considering moving back to Electric Ireland for both Gas and Electricity but I have a question.
     I am absolutely fed up with playing the "How much is my bill lottery each month". 
    Can you advise if you provide payment equalisation over the 12 months? 
    Bord Gais offer this and it has made me very happy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi bonnieprince,

We do offer the equaliser payment system for electricity, whereby you pay a set amount every month (with this amount being revised quarterly based on usage). Unfotrtunately however we don't currently have this facility available for gas customers.

The other way to avoid the uncertainty of fluctuating bills is to prepay set amounts (weekly, fortnightly, or whenever suits - you could even do this by laser/debit card online, or via a standing order), so that when bills do issue, they are either very low or already cleared in full.

Our payment options are outlined here for electricity and here for gas. If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bonnieprince

Hi bonnieprince,

We do offer the equaliser payment system for electricity, whereby you pay a set amount every month (with this amount being revised quarterly based on usage). Unfotrtunately however we don't currently have this facility available for gas customers.

The other way to avoid the uncertainty of fluctuating bills is to prepay set amounts (weekly, fortnightly, or whenever suits - you could even do this by laser/debit card online, or via a standing order), so that when bills do issue, they are either very low or already cleared in full.

Our payment options are outlined here for electricity and here for gas. If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭bikini widow

Hi Electric Ireland,
    Hope okay to ask question on same topic.

Question : When do you hope to implement Equaliser Option for Gas?

Thanks,
    BW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi bikini widow,

The Equaliser is not available for Electric Ireland gas, and I cannot confirm when or if it will be an option.

It is possible to put small payments on the account throughout the two months between bills, in order to significantly reduce the total balance due, by the time the bill is issued. Here is the list of payment means. Customers paying by direct debit just need to ensure they allow a week between their final payment into the Electric Ireland account and the direct debit due date (in order to prevent payment crossover).

We also offer pay-as-you-go gas meters - further info here.

Regards,
    Una

Advertisement