Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mermaid as freedivers

• 15-04-2013 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I'm interested on your opinion about this new free-diving speciality and profession!

For the one of you who doesn't know anything watch these two videos ... Mermaid Linden impressive numbers on a heavy mermaid tail

and Hannah Fraiser gives an idea of mermaids philosophy

Please post below your commets :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Freedive Ireland

Hi Maria sure who doesn't want to believe in mermaids. I knew about Linden through FB etc didnt know much about Hannah but kudos to here being involved in the Cove. I think Lindens tail cost about $10,000 and here am I baulking about €500 for a monfin. Not sure what you mean about philosophy of mermaids but if it gets more people in the Ocean then I am all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mermaria

hehe well I know small girls who believe they're real and some of them even have touched them !!! search Hannah videos in Atlantis

Monofins prices are an issue but nothing like the tails!

Thanks for you views. I'm with you. I think it's a great way to know and enjoy the sea, specially for small girls.

Linden tail is amazing! I'm looking forward to hearing kudos details ... it seems to be a kind of half-body fin, from waist to fin tip!

With regard mermaid's philosophy, I didn't know how to say hey! there's something more behind.

Would you like being part of this crew? :)

Behind the scenes and the train in basic skills of scuba-free-diving for mermaid & mermaiding.

Ha bit mad looking, there was a job going in Dubai I think where they were looking for mermaids and mermen to be in a tank in a shopping mall. Could only see it happening there or the states maybe. Wouldnt be a huge fan of breathing off scuba and then holding the breath, sure recipe for a headache imho unless they are on nitrox. I know the girls at wakikee breath off hoses and the depths are shallow but would rather be in the ocean tbh.

Hehe and music bit sweet. I know there is little job opportunities for mermaiding but there are same and also people are interested on the recreational side.

One of my concerns is the point you make about the combination of breathing. There isn't any underwater organization studying the safety of these girls. The girls talk about really awful work conditions in the wakikee show. The girls normally quit for their health. I don't think any professional diver organization in the world would be accepted such conditions.

I'm not really an expert and the info I have it might be out-of-date.

I think a mermaid-merman speciality will be a great add on in our underwater organizations. Fun for everybody, mermaids, their very special scuba buddy and UWP :):rolleyes::)

• Advertisement

Yeah cant say Id like the wakikee gig. I cant see any of the major agencies adding a mermaid speciality to their course outline just yet. Its very niche and if you are going to do it seriously for fashion shoots etc then also very expensive.

Advertisement