Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyperlinks not working from email.

Options
  • 15-04-2013 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hello all.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium SP1, Thunderbird for my email and Firefox 20.0.1 as my browser. Up until recently hyperlinks in my email opened up Firefox and navigated to the appropiate web page. Now hyperlinks do nothing, I can't even copy and paste them to Firefox.
    What can I do to sort this out?

Thanks in advance.

Fazer6.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Gormal

Never used Thunderbird but have a look at their help page and see if that sorts it

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fazer6

Thanks Gormal, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

first make sure firefox set as default b then...

From thunder bird help:

If the operating system's default browser is specified correctly as described above, it is not necessary to specify an action for the HTTP / HTTPS content type. To check this setting, select Tools | Options (Windows) or Thunderbird | Preferences (Mac and Linux). Click on the Attachments page. If HTTP and / or HTTPS are listing in the Content Type column, either delete the action or ensure the specified action is correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Did you install/uninstall Google Chrome recently?

Chrome is a piece of spyware in disguise of a web browser which is frequently bundled with outher adware. It is known to wreak havoc with the Windows registry settings, affecting amongst others the default mailto handler.

No Torqay, I didn't install Chrome recently.

• Advertisement

ezra_pound wrote: »
    first make sure firefox set as default b then...

From thunder bird help:

If the operating system's default browser is specified correctly as described above, it is not necessary to specify an action for the HTTP / HTTPS content type. To check this setting, select Tools | Options (Windows) or Thunderbird | Preferences (Mac and Linux). Click on the Attachments page. If HTTP and / or HTTPS are listing in the Content Type column, either delete the action or ensure the specified action is correct.

I reset Firefox as the default browser and the hyperlinks are working again.
    Thanks!!!

Advertisement