Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive

Options
  • 15-04-2013 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,
    I have been on birth control for about 10 yrs, in the form of depo,pill and patch. My last depo was up in oct and my husband and i decided we would ttc so its been 6 months now, my cycle returned quickly but it was a 16 day cycle and ovulation predictors always had a negative result. this month has been different, tomorrow is day 28 and still no period, i have been having the cramps , back ache and my breasts are very tender. Im hoping that its not a case that my cycle is completely irregular. its very frustrating.
    Anybody got any ideas as to how long this can take or is anybody in a similar situation.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭ILoveToast

Hi

I'd suggest taking a pregnancy test.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CASEYJ

test was negative today! but still have the symptoms.thanks hope test was wrong! :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭ladysarah

my friend had 4 tests saying she wasnot pregnant. It turned out the tests were out of date and she just gave birth to a beautuful baby girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Hi Jcasey, only seen your post now. I don't know if you've read my posts in the main trying to conceive thread, but I had a very very similar experience to you (god, thank god there's someone else out there!) for the first 6 months after coming off the pill (also for about 10 years) I had negative ovulation tests and very short irregular cycles. my shortest one was 10 days but I had a good few 16 day-ers, then I went for acupuncture to try and get me ovulating and after the first session of acupuncture I had a cycle that lasted 45 days (!!) then back to the 16 or 18 day-ers again. but then I finally got a positive opk in April, and then I didn't ovulate the next cycle but after that I've ovulated every cycle now (so the last 4 cycles in a row). My cycle length has also stabilised to approximately 21 days or 3 weeks (but it's not exact). Anyway I hope yours has stabilised by now and you've started ovulating? xx

Advertisement