Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Broadband a bit flaky of late?

• 15-04-2013 11:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else been experiencing poor connections with Smart over the last week or so? My modem light went red twice since last night and over the last week, my average connection speed has been at least 1 Mb lower than usual (it sync'd at 5929kb/s this evening).

The cynic in me would say that it's to try to sell the vDSL in a few weeks when (if!) it becomes available through them!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

More likely someone borked the cable installing VDSL in your area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Same problem here. For the last few days I have connection dropouts (which can be resolved by connecting manually - no auto reconnect) and some other issue where I have to power-cycle the router before I can regain connection (complains that "Concentrator not reachable"). I've replaced the splitter to eliminate it as a possible cause.

The phone service is uninterrupted during the net drops.

(edit: I'm in Dublin)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jimmad

Im on the letterkenny exchange with them, was very flaky last week, speed was terrible and inconsistant, line seemed to desync quiet abit aswell even tho the stats remained stable. all that said it seems to have rectified itself this week.

Any idea if they will be reselling VDSL and bumping current customers on to it or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

jimmad wrote: »
    Any idea if they will be reselling VDSL and bumping current customers on to it or not?

I've heard that Smart will be reselling vDSL but like Eircom, no mention of pricing yet. We'll have to wait until May (20th?) to find out...

Advertisement