Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how can I get authorization code?

Options
  • 15-04-2013 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭

Hi,

over the weekend I did some shopping online with my Visa Debit, but this morning merchant came back to me saying that they have taken my money but my billing address doesn't match my delivery address (I just moved and failed to update my details with BOI in time, my bad) so to confirm that I'm not a fraud they asked me to contact my card issuer and ask for the authorization code. 
    I dialled 0818 365 365 and the lady on the phone said she can't get me those details, I would have to call to my branch in Rathcoole. I did that - and the lady over there said their system doesn't provide that kind of information. So where do I get my transaction authorization code from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi martinsvi,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Apologies you did not receive the information you needed when you called Banking365. This would not be a common request and depending on how the retailer had posted the transaction it may not have been available at the time you called.

If you would like to send us a pm we can arrange for a representative to call you to see if the authorisation code is available. We would need your full name, phone number and branch name. To pm us simply click the link under my signature.

If your account is a sole account and you are registered for 365Online you can request an address change through the Secure Messaging Inbox. You would need to have your mobile phone registered to receive security codes to use this facility and it takes 7-10 working days to be completed.  Another available option would be to download the Change of Address form and hand it into your local branch.

Thanks
    Tara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi martinsvi,

We've received your pm and replied with details of who will be calling you and when.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭martinsvi

thank you, I'm waiting

thank you, Seán was very professional and helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Your welcome martinsvi, if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement

Hi BOI,

I'm in the exact same situation again, can Seán or someone call me again? I believe you should still have my details, if not, PM me

this time I know my address is up to date, it's just that they apparently use some software to compare it and it fails to recognize that a dot here or there doesn't make the address different.

This is kind of urgent, thanks

Hi martinsvi,

We are here to answer day to day banking queries and would not be in a position to organise another call in this instance. Your initial query in April was due to your address not been updated. As you have now advised, this is updated so the address should not be an issue now. 

If you feel that the address is causing the issue, you can check the address we have on file for you on your statements or if you have eStatements you can check online. Another option if you are registered for Banking 365 is to send a Secure Message who aim to reply as soon as possible but depending on volumes have a three day turn around time.

Another common issue can be not inputting the name as it appears on the card. For example if your card has Mr or Ms before your name, to make sure this is included.

Thank you for contacting us and we hope you get this resolved soon.

Thanks
    Linda

ok so the problem is - the address I have with my card is - 

Number, Street,
    Saggart,
    Dublin

Delivery address is the same number, street, but without the "Saggart".. In reality it makes no difference, but their software has marked this as a completely different address... Next time I'll make sure I match the address one to one, but that doesn't help me at my current situation:

I still need my authorization code - how do I get it?

An option may be to process the transaction again matching the address. Alternatively you could call your branch or Banking 365 on 0818 365 365. We understand last time the representative didn't fully understand what you were looking for, but if you advise what it is you are looking for, they will be able to assist. Alternatively you can submit the request through the Secure Messaging facility if you are unable to call.
    Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement