Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SHS High Torque Motor

• 16-04-2013 2:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭

Been looking for a Systema Magnum long type motor, seems the worldwide Airsoft community is sold out:( Anyway, seen this motor http://theairsoftshop.ie/SHS_Long_Torq_Motor , SHS high torque, seems to fit the bill as to what im looking for, was wondering has anyone any experience with them and how good are they.

Appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Hey Jay,

Yeah I have used these motors for 2 builds.
    Was respectively impressed by them. Not a systema by any means mate but a decent motor none the less.

Used one for a mates aeg with a normal ratio 18:1 build and with a 9.6v nunchuk, it was pumping out 20 reps but was aimed for single shot / burst fire to suit my mate style of play.

Had it short stroked by 2 teeth and 350 spring to allow for short stroke to come down to 320 fps and it still was 20 reps.

Not as quiet running as systema mate but very decent. Another motor to concider would be a guarder high torque. I'm sure other's have used other motors mate but out of my own personal experiance thats what i found . Will pm you when the 13:1 ratio gearset which strangly i will be doing tomarrow mate ;)

Hope that helps some bit mate.

Regards,

DP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

The JG Red M93 motor is considered the best alternative to the magnum. Hard to find in stock but its hald the price of its systema counterpart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

The JG Red M93 motor is considered the best alternative to the magnum. Hard to find in stock but its hald the price of its systema counterpart.

No where to be found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭J-W

Hi jayod30

I bought one have one sitting in its box after one use.
    Found it very strong maybe too strong for regular set up.

Someone on here might be able to explain this coz I know it makes no sence.... when I put it in my AEG went up 30 odd fps bringing it over the 1J , I put it in a friend AEG and 20fps up ?

Before anyone says anything there where no other changes to the AEGs
    and I know the motor has no influence on the volume of the cylinder / Air system.

Maybe it was doing more than 1 cycle per trigger pull ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I used a guarder durable motor, not advetised as a torque motor but it bloody well should, great trigger response, easy to source and cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

J-W wrote: »
    Someone on here might be able to explain this coz I know it makes no sence.... when I put it in my AEG went up 30 odd fps bringing it over the 1J , I put it in a friend AEG and 20fps up ?

Maybe it was doing more than 1 cycle per trigger pull ?

The motor has absolutely nothing to do with power. At all. All a motor does is turn, spinning the bevel gear a certain number of times until the gearbox finishes its cycle. The SHS high torques use neodymium magnets instead of the ferrite magnets found in most other motors (e.g. G&P M120 etc), and is wound for acceleration/torque. The reason why this is good is because it accelerates much faster, providing near-instant trigger response while still being faster than traditional ferrite magnet high speed motors.

The only possibility I can think of that could occur from a motor change resulting in higher FPS is that with your other motor you could have been having some degree of over spin, causing the nozzle to be retracted. Typically this would only drop the FPS by 10-15 or so.

What chrono was it tested on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

The SHS is very good, runs a little rough though (In my experience) Probably because the shaft isn't balanced that well. I find the Guarder infinite torque up motor absolutely excellent. I have it in my current G36 (Short type motor though) Very smooth, snappy and has minimal sparking; the brushes come nicely bedded. It also has nice strong connections, which is nice if you're gonna be taking the connections off and on a lot. The pinion gear is also very, very hard metal so it shouldn't strip.

If you do use it, pop a little bit of grease into the bottom and top end bearings (Just to be sure) and it'll run like a dream.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/guarder-infinite-torque-up-long-type-motor.html

Here's the long version of the one I got.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭jayod30

Thanks to everyone for your advise and recommendations. After some research on the net and some advice on these motors from a friend I've went with the Lonex A1 high speed/torque motor:). I've read nothing but good reviews on these. Thanks again

Advertisement