Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Import Facebook Profile Pics For Contacts

• 16-04-2013 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if there's any sort of method or app that let's you basically sync your friends Facebook profile pic to their name in contacts? You know so if they ring their pic will display.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's an option in the Facebook settings of iOS 6. If you're contacts aren't matched exactly you can link them, just edit one and scroll to the bottom to link contacts and voila.

Unfortunately they all end up having a Facebook email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

guil wrote: »

I was never able to stop contacts from defaulting to the Facebook email address. So if I wanted to forward anything and typed in a contact name it would go there unless I typed in another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

An app called sync.ME does it but its having a few issues updating ATM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

guil wrote: »
    It's an option in the Facebook settings of iOS 6. If you're contacts aren't matched exactly you can link them, just edit one and scroll to the bottom to link contacts and voila.

Is there any way to do this just for selected contacts (ie the ones that are in my phone now?) I don't have my phone synced with facebook as i don't want all of my facebook friends on my phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Go into Settings >> Facebook and then under the area where it says "Allow these apps to use your account" turn off "Contacts".

Then click update all contacts.

For me this makes Facebook add the contact photos or replaces the old one I have if it was previously added by Facebook. It won't replace a photo I've added myself and won't add the facebook email address, etc. which is exactly what I want.

I'm not sure if this is the way it works for everyone as I know I used it when it first launched and was buggy allowing photo syncing when it shouldn't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement