Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb in fortlawn????

Options
  • 16-04-2013 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Seen this floating around Facebook wondering was there any truth or could anyone shed any light,can't see anything online and well a lot of things have being kept out of the press happening around the area TBH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Floating around on Facebook, right up there with Reuters and AP.

Has this device gone off already or is under investigation?

Care to enlighten us, without naming names, as to some of the 'events' that have been 'kept out' of the press? Didn't know a North Korean media regime prevailed between Hartstown Road and the skatepark......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Probably people re-hashing the defused bomb story from last October.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

There were full on sirens headed that way last night, so something happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

yes, in Fortlawn Ave. From what i was told new neighbours were targeted they have a white van near their house. But nothing was found. i say bored teens or young lads. After the bomb in Boston gave them the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Floating around on Facebook, right up there with Reuters and AP.

Has this device gone off already or is under investigation?

Care to enlighten us, without naming names, as to some of the 'events' that have been 'kept out' of the press? Didn't know a North Korean media regime prevailed between Hartstown Road and the skatepark......

Shooting,known criminal had part of his ear shot off gun jammed for the second shot,machete attack in the local pub known lad in the area went in slashed a fella in the head,lads drinking in the pub kicked the crap out of your man with the machete left him for dead ,drug raids with results, robberies of stores in the area,and last nights carry on as well....I know it seems mad but my mates ring me you hear what happened blah blah I'm in work check the news nothing mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Wils110 wrote: »
    Shooting,known criminal had part of his ear shot off gun jammed for the second shot,machete attack in the local pub known lad in the area went in slashed a fella in the head,lads drinking in the pub kicked the crap out of your man with the machete left him for dead ,drug raids with results, robberies of stores in the area,and last nights carry on as well....I know it seems mad but my mates ring me you hear what happened blah blah I'm in work check the news nothing mentioned

Very little of that would make the news, you might see it on the free papers the following week. The pattern of store robberies made the national news last week with the late night arrests near Allendale after an attempted hold up in Aldi. The news sources were cited on here.

Advertisement