Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance on warehouse.

Options
  • 16-04-2013 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I've 40k of clothing stored in a warehouse. I'd like to insure it incase we get robbed or the warehouse burns down.

Is it possible to get this kind of insurance? I rang a broker and all they offered was an insurance package for everything including the public getting injured on the premises etc.

As a start up I'd like to keep the cost as low as possible and would just like to cover fire and theft of stock.

The only person in the warehouse is me and my business partner so dont care for all the extras.

Got quoted 1.4k which was about double what I expected it would be.

Can anybody advise what I should be seeking or recommend who to speak with?

Many Thanks,
    -W

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

Anybody even able to recommend me some good broker to speak with regarding finding stock insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

any broker should be able to help. Most of the policies come in a pack which includes stock, EL and PL. As a tenant and not the landlord you will need to have cover against causing damage to the landlords property and not just the stock. As i said any broker should help as they generally all sell the same range of policies.

In respect to whay you taught it would be? It never is what you hope it to be......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

Also talk to your solicitor in advance. I was told not to bother as I would never see a payout. My circumstances could be entirely different to yours and everybody elses of course, but a broker will sell you something just to make a profit for himself so it might not be what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

Also talk to your solicitor in advance. I was told not to bother as I would never see a payout. My circumstances could be entirely different to yours and everybody elses of course, but a broker will sell you something just to make a profit for himself so it might not be what you need.

If you are sold a product that you dont need or if it was not suitable for what you require from a broker regulated by the central bank you would have a clear claim against them and their insurer

Advertisement