Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could u please review my website

• 16-04-2013 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Have just bought over this website, but have been adding items to it and pages.
    Can you please review, good or bad

www.annsummerswest.com

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

This jumped out at me from the home page - "TOYS FOR BOTH MEN, WOMEN AND COUPLES". Should it not say either "TOYS FOR BOTH MEN AND WOMEN" or "TOYS FOR MEN, WOMEN AND COUPLES"?

"Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us and with our discreet packaging you can shop in confidence" I think you mean "discrete", use the auld spell-checker.

The home page is a mess of things which link and things which don't, It needs a major clean-up and simplification IMHO. Right now the home page looks kinda amateurish, cheap and tacky. It sends the wrong kind of message.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

WELCOME TO ANN SUMMERS ONLINE

Lingerie, sex toys & much, much more

OUR SPRING / SUMMER RANGE IS NOW AVAILABLE

FABULOUS NEW LINGERIE FROM SIZES 6 TO 24, CUP SIZES UP TO 38 / 40H

TOYS FOR MEN, WOMEN & COUPLES

ONLINE CHAT IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS

FAST, RELIABLE WORLDWIDE DELIVERY

Your privacy is importance to us and with our discrete packaging, the only person we deliver excitement to is you.

Delete the R/H column completely, sack the SIX DEGREES and hire me - I can spell! Get rid of the orange (FFS!) buttons for register and login, align the social media links with the payment methods.

That's the home page input. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭elainee40

Thanks Mathepac hun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

No 404 page.

Discreet is correct.

No address in contact info.

One of your homepage banners links to nowhere.

Spamcheck captcha is too hard too read. Try to avoid using these unless or until spam becomes a real problem. Is there a real need for phone and address being required?

Design is not responsive.

Online chat content could have better treatment, it's a bit lost the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭BmCon

WELCOME TO ANN SUMMERS ONLINE.
    WORLDWIDE DELIVERY
    Lingerie, sex toys & much more
    1. I would Change these to <h1> and <h2>.
    2. I would also move the left column to the right side.
    3. I would not use smilies faces on websites.
    4. Make text as a <p> text </p> and use white space between blocks of text.
    5. looks like you have 13 different types of font and colours try to have <h1> HEADING </h1>, <h2> Heading </h2>, <p> text </p>, and control them with CSS file.
    6. Way to many calls to action. When you want to make money from a website get the user to go to the area where you make money BUT only when they want to browse or buy. Otherwise only give the information they need or want based on the page they are on.

That's my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement