Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First antenatal blood test results

• 16-04-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all I had my first antenatal appointment on the 3rd of April in Wexford. Does anyone know how long before they have the results from the blood tests done or how quickly they contact u if something is wrong? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

AFAIK you'll only hear back if there's an issue. Both times I was put on iron after my bloods, but any other mums who had no problems didn't hear anything, the odd one might have their midwife/consultant say the bloods were fine. My results were only discussed because I had a few problems.

ETA My results were discussed at my 16 week check, having been done at 11 weeks. The iron supplement wasn't urgent so I didn't hear anything in between. I'm in Dublin but I'm sure most places are the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Dinkie

My first appointment in Wexford was on 3 April also :) Couldn't believe how busy it was that day!

Like Lazygal said, I was told by the nurse that day that I wouldn't hear anything back unless there was a problem. Have my anomaly scan on next week, so am assuming if there is anything minor I'll hear about it then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I had my bloods taken at my booking appointment (7 weeks) and didn't hear anything until my next hospital visit at 16 weeks where they told me everything was fine. I'd imagine they'd contact you if anything serious showed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Usually the results are back in 3-5 working days, you are only ever contacted when there is a problem. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

OH had bloods and the like done in Mullingar a good few weeks back and we didn't hear anything. Don't think they would contact you unless there was something wrong like Iron levels or Infection. I'm sure you could always contact your GP if you are concerned.

My OH has to go to the GP again next week to have a second sample of her blood to be sent on to Mullingar just in case she has to go there to have the baby - we are hoping for a Home Birth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement