Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Protank

Options
  • 16-04-2013 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Got the Kanger Protank this morning. Really solid, well built bit of kit. Feels robust and weighty and screws together very well.

Vapes pretty well too in fairness......

The draw is a little airy but not too bad. Vaping at 4.4 v using the head that it came with but not sure what resistance it is? Think 2.5 ohm?

Decent vapour and taste is not bad either. Not as good as dripping but I suppose nothing is - apart from that I'd say its the best clearo that I've used....

No gurgles or leaks and I don't think it will leak either.

Anybody who uses Kangers or other clearo's would love this. Huge step up from those. Might even replace my carto tank and Boges for out and about or driving.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭W0bble5

I'm the same - just got it this morning & really impressed.
    I've been using Kangers & an Evod up until now & they don't come close to it. I was just getting completely sick of the constant grugling, poxy taste of new Kanger heads & spitting juice into my mouth randomly.

The Pro Tank is a great buy for €14...and comes with a replacement head so should get a while before I need to buy more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Might add one of these to my next juice order so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Using mine all day now and it's working very well. No leaks or gurgles and its really solid. Really nicely built although I might try block one of the 3 airholes to tighten the draw a bit.

I do have to admit that it lacks a little bit of 'bite' or something but I'm comparing to the A7 in dripping mode so they're not really comparable. Maybe blocking an airhole will fix that too.

Are the 2 heads 2.5 ohm? To be fair, I've brought mine up to 4.4v and no hint of burning so its wicking well.

Sorry Green Hornet, itcomes with 1 spare head. I think 1 is 1.8 ohm & the other is 2.4. That's what the back of the box says anyway!

Hmmm.....wonder which is installed with it? I cant find any markings on the spare one. I suspect its the 2.5 ohm thats in there initially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Do they use evod heads?
    Lovely looking clearo btw.

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Do they use evod heads?
    Lovely looking clearo btw.

I think the heads look similar (as in the same style) but the centre tube is a different size.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The centre tube on the Protank head is quite a bit longer than an eVod head, but they are essentially the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

the centre tube can be swapped to use evod heads on protank and viceversa

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

yeah you can mix and match if you like.

on the plus side, since an evod head can be rebuilt, that means you can rebuild a protank head! ;)

• Advertisement

Still something kinda 'weak' about it though....decent vapour and decent flavour, no leaks or gurgling but......it just.....lacks something for me.

That's the fecking problem with dripping.....nothing is ever as good.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Found it to be very "weak" with strawberry milkshake but it's fine with El toro cigarillos, probably depends on the juice. I hadn't used it all day and picked it up and there was a tiny bit of juice on the battery connector but nothing like a T3 or evod so pretty happy with it so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how does it look on an ego?
    is it more designed with provari/zmax etc in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I'm ordering replacement heads for my T2s tomorrow. Kinda on the fence about buying 7 new heads, or one of these...

Am I missing something here? Is anyone selling heads for these or are ye all planning on rebuilding?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭P.I.T.A

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Am I missing something here? Is anyone selling heads for these or are ye all planning on rebuilding?
    Saw on one of the Irish sites, that heads coming soon, so make your 2 heads last a week or so.

P.I.T.A wrote: »
    Saw on one of the Irish sites, that heads coming soon, so make your 2 heads last a week or so.

Thats kinda putting the clearo before the horse...get it.... cart-clearo-clearo- carto....see what I did there.....anybody.....no?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Are the 2 heads 2.5 ohm? To be fair, I've brought mine up to 4.4v and no hint of burning so its wicking well.

Yup,both are 2.5ohm.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO BUY!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

jamie72 wrote: »

A donkey,for those cold lonely nights.

• Advertisement

jamie72 wrote: »

Buy the Protank. I detest clearo's but this is a big improvement in clearo's....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

how does it look on an ego?
    is it more designed with provari/zmax etc in mind?

It comes with a collar or sleeve that tapers down to fit an ego battery, I'll post a pic later if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

I got my Protank yesterday, and the only small niggle I have with it is the airy draw. Need to stiffen it up a bit somehow. Other than that, taste and vapor production are spot on.

Whoever comes up with a clearo who combines the taste of the Protank, and the draw and throathit of the vivi nova will become a very rich individual indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

How does the protank compare to a t3?

colly10 wrote: »
    How does the protank compare to a t3?

I think its far better. Clouds of vapour from it, nice throat hit & absolutely no gurgle. It just feels solid. Only draw back for me is the fixed metal tip & a slightly airy draw. But cover 1 or 2 air holes with your finger & its great.

I tried loads of clearos - I'd definitely recommend the pro tank & going to get another few in my next order.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

I got mine today and pretty disappointed with it. Getting plenty of vapour but absolutely no flavor or throat hit. Could it have something to do with my battery? I have the basic no twist kanger battery that came with the value kit.

Actually its not just the Protank, the replacement short wick T2 heads I'm using are giving quite little flavour and throat hit too.

Yeah, I think it works much better than standard clearo's but I don't really get much flavour or TH either. I don't use it but I put it down to me being a dripper for over a year. It's decent for a clearo but just doesn't do it for me. I still use a carto tank on the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Yeah, I think it works much better than standard clearo's but I don't really get much flavour or TH either. I don't use it but I put it down to me being a dripper for over a year. It's decent for a clearo but just doesn't do it for me. I still use a carto tank on the move.

What carto tank do you use, I'm getting a little bit sick of the lack of flavour out of cleromisers? Would an AGR be the best

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

I'm not getting any flavour at all, nada! It wouldn't be anything to do with my basic Kanger battery and the Protanks' 2.4ohms heads, would it?

• Advertisement

I use Boges in a Petra tank. The tank is available at Bargain Vapour and is about 12 euro I think. You'll need a punch as well but the tank and punch are a once off. The tank isn't fancy and is not a high capacity tank but suits me fine.

The AGR is a good bit bigger I think.

Advertisement