Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Protank

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Dubba wrote: »
    I'm not getting any flavour at all, nada! It wouldn't be anything to do with my basic Kanger battery and the Protanks' 2.4ohms heads, would it?

If the basic battery is not a Twist, it certainly could be part of the problem alright but even on the Twist I don't get a lot of flavour. It's there and it's okay but that's about it. You'll need to be running at the upper end of the Twist voltage for the 2.4 ohm too so a basic battery would be useless I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Cheers Green Hornet. I must go invest in a Twist so and hopefully it'll sort out my similar issues with other clearos and 2.4 ohm replacement heads. One other question is the Twist best upgrade, considering that I don't want to spend a fortune?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

It wouldn't be anything to do with my basic Kanger battery and the Protanks' 2.4ohms heads, would it?

The Kanger was the clearomiser that came with the battery, not the battery. The batteries are called eGos.

Probably has a lot to do with it, yeah. 2.4ohm needs 4.2v as a minimum for a decent (7 watt) vape really and that battery (if it's non-Joyetech) is supplying 4v-ish for the first half-hour of use and continually dropping until it hits 3.7v (5.7watt vape with that clearo) for the longest period of battery use, until it drops to 3.2v.
    If it's a Joyetech it pushes 3.3v for the duration of the battery life, which is a piddly 4.5watt vape.

When heads become available, get the lower-resistance heads, 1.6-2ohms.

OR

Get the SLB eGo available from thebestshop.eu, goes up to six volts, only a fiver more than an eGo twist but more battery life and much more power available.

It's quite long, probably not gonna be your out-and-about device.

Yeah, standard eGo batteries are essentially useless really I think. Just not enough power. The Twist will work fine with 2.4 ohm or lower but will not be any good with anything above that really.

The Twist will allow you to use most carto's and clearo's that are available. You'll see a huge difference. They are longer than the standard batteries though. A 650 Twist is about the same length as a 1000mAh standard eGo and that's grand. Larger ones get really long though....

I only have Twists and I use them with rebuildables all the time. About 20 euro each and they'll last for months and months, maybe even a year or so if you look after them.

Edit: Grindle beat me to it!! Stupid iPhone....

Thanks for clearing that up for me grindle, I have the Joyetech eGo-T and I'm done with the piddly 4.5watt vape, so going to order the SLB eGo and I'll be vaping happy, cheers.

Cheers Green Hornet

p.s. apologies for derailing the thread, just a bit :)

• Advertisement

Edit: Grindle beat me to it!! Stupid iPhone....

Nah, sher you beat me to it when I had to stick my OR in. Always sticking my oar in. Stupid two-thumb-typing iPad!
    Thanks for clearing that up for me grindle, I have the Joyetech eGo-T and I'm done with the piddly 4.5watt vape, so going to order the SLB eGo and I'll be vaping happy, cheers.

Cheers Green Hornet

p.s. apologies for derailing the thread, just a bit :)
    It's a slick machine, you'll be in your element. Set it to 5v and you should be clouding.
    The only bad thing I've heard about it is people who've dropped it had to glue the bottom back on. Still worked, but... Don't drop it on it's bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bambi1981

Get the SLB eGo available from thebestshop.eu, goes up to six volts, only a fiver more than an eGo twist but more battery life and much more power available.

It's quite long, probably not gonna be your out-and-about device.

Anybody else know of any other irish stockists having this?, bestshop are out of them.

Dam thebestshop.eu don't have them in stock. Know of anywhere else that sell them.

Also have you been out to the vape shop (not real name) in Wilton shopping center? Haven't been there myself but heard they're selling clearos and stuff, so they might have the SLB eGo, probably not but worth a shot anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

got one today, build quality looks really nice was a bit disappointed it didn't come in the presentation style box though.
    Really easy to rewick too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Got a Protank for my own personal use this morning and i'm shocked at the performance, i thought the eVod couldn't be beaten, but this thing is great.

Flavour is spot on, and it's a little fog machine.

Kudos Kanger, Kudos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Nice, I was going to pick one up today, but ESI sold out already :eek:

While I've been impressed with the functionality and robustness of it, I was a bit disappointed with the flavour but everybody else seems to love them.

I made a new coil and wick using 4 strands of Andrei's wick/0.2 kanthal and it's transformed it alright.......nice bit of heat and flavour that was missing from the stock heads that I got with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

If you were to give the flavour a percentage point in comparison with a dripper, (igo-l, dripper pro, bulli, rda whatever), what would it be?

I tried a couple of different Kanger T2's today after using the iGo-L since last weekend and the flavour practically disappeared (same juice).

Lucutus wrote: »
    Nice, I was going to pick one up today, but ESI sold out already :eek:

...... I got the last one, sorry;). TheBestShop said there on route from there suppliers at the moment so they should have them soon.

Lucutus wrote: »
    If you were to give the flavour a percentage point in comparison with a dripper, (igo-l, dripper pro, bulli, rda whatever), what would it be?

I tried a couple of different Kanger T2's today after using the iGo-L since last weekend and the flavour practically disappeared (same juice).

Yeah, that was my problem too. After dripping, the flavour and texture from the protank was almost non-existent. There, but weak. The cigarillos was only faint using the original coil but it's probably about 75-80% of dripping on the new home made coil. Significant improvement. Actually, it was a cinch to rebuild........

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Drachnien wrote: »
    ...... I got the last one, sorry;). TheBestShop said there on route from there suppliers at the moment so they should have them soon.

If you're looking to get a ProTank and you can't find them in stock anywhere Vaperus have them in stock and at a pretty good price too. Noticed them because they also have the K100 mod now at under €40

This thing is great with home made coils. Lovely vapour and flavour and a nice glass tank.

does anyone know a local site that's getting them in the box, it looked like it'd be good for holding a few bits with the foam changed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

think they discontinued the box to keep costs down, that's what pbusardo said in the comments for his review anyway

darn, as sad as it sounds there were two things making me get this one, the tank that won't melt from ectoplasm and the box that looked like it'd put up with abuse. Ohhh well it'll still answer number 1 :)

thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

I got mine from Vaperus 2 days ago - and I really like it. It looks a bit silly today because I have it on my mini eGo battery (which it is actually longer than!) whilst the others charge, but it's still vaping fine and I'm getting good flavour and vapour from it (loaded with Wingnut's Wibble at the moment). I've decided I need more of these! No signs of leakage as yet, which is the problem I've had with T3s and MT3s, and a bigger capacity than the CE4s I have which don't leak. Having said that, there's no markings on the tank to indicate capacity, but that's a minor quibble.

Mine was a bit meh yesterday but stuck with it because I love the glass tank. No plasticky flavour at all (maybe that's just in my head rubbish anyway, probably is). It's better today though. The vape seems warmer. Might be that I'm using Liqua in it today whereas I'd been using VG juice yesterday.

One thing I've noticed too is its important to have it pretty vertical when having a vape or the wick dries up pretty quickly due to the short tails. Wonder could you leave longer tails?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Mine was a bit meh yesterday but stuck with it because I love the glass tank. No plasticky flavour at all (maybe that's just in my head rubbish anyway, probably is). It's better today though. The vape seems warmer. Might be that I'm using Liqua in it today whereas I'd been using VG juice yesterday.

One thing I've noticed too is its important to have it pretty vertical when having a vape or the wick dries up pretty quickly due to the short tails. Wonder could you leave longer tails?

I heard that there's three wicks in it and if you remove the top one it'll wick much better. Don't know how true it is, never messed around with wicks myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the plastic taste with other clearos is definitely not just you..

I discarded the stock wicks/coils as they were pretty poor in my case. Recoiled and rewicked myself and much much better.

:(
    Looks like it can't handle the Ectoplasmic. The small silicone seal at the top of the atomizer head has changed to a yellow color and expanded to twice it's original size. Back to the drawing board :(

Wonder what effect it would have on Delrin, if any? Maybe the next iteration.

Cigarillos doesn't seem to work very well in it. Liqua strawberry and mints are fine. Good even, but cigarillos just doesn't taste good at all. The latest batch I got doesnt seem as good as the previous cigarillos anyway though.

heres some pics of what happened, it's a little scary to be honest ;)

first

second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

Drachnien wrote: »
    heres some pics of what happened, it's a little scary to be honest ;)

first

second

That is scary.Looks like a vaping tumour.

I'm liking the Protank but it does lack flavour imo(I'm getting more from the iClear30).I'm shocked that it hasn't flooded once!which is great and there's definitely been no leaking.
    The draw might be on the airy side for some but its decent and better than the iClear which is too tight(which is also due to the top cap flooding:mad:)
    I see a bright future for the BCC:eek:(I think)

Advertisement