Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger Protank

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Drachnien

IT took me a while to realise what caused the silicone to go like that. The ecto has an oil in it, you can actually see it seperate if you leave it. oils break down silicone (it's why i had to find Teflon/silicone lubricant for my airsoft gear).

So it's not as scary as it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

I love the little Evod Tanks on the Twist (ramped up to 4.6 or 4.8v) and was looking forward to the ProTank; essentially a similar setup with a bigger tank, glass construction and just a more robust item all around.
    It's certainly built very well but the draw is waaay to airy for me and the throat hit and flavour just ain't there compared to the Evod.
    I put some PVC over three of the air slots, leaving just one open, which improved it a fair bit, still airy but getting better TH. Now what to do about that flavour. Hoping it will get better after a few more refills. (Just my two cents..).

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Have you tried using an evod head in the protank there quintron?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

No, actually I haven't. I didn't know they were interchangeable. I guess I was worried about potential leaking or gurgling with the smaller post on the evod head in the ProTank... (based on zero science or physics, or anything really, except a notion.. ;)) but sure seeing as I've a couple of days off, I'll experiment!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

I got a Kanger Protank and have it on the Provari at the mo. It took a few goes to get it to connect. The taste is great, nice and crisp but it makes noise! Its almost like the i had washed the wick and it wasnt fully dry before using it. Never had this before with a clearo. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

I got a Kanger Protank and have it on the Provari at the mo. It took a few goes to get it to connect. The taste is great, nice and crisp but it makes noise! Its almost like the i had washed the wick and it wasnt fully dry before using it. Never had this before with a clearo. Has anyone else experienced this?

I bought one of these during the week to celebrate one month of vaping and I get a lot of noise too. I don't have much to compare it to, but I like it - it's nice to try something different. Seems very big and heavy compared to the imist I've been using, so I keep it for home.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

I'm using the protank just over a week and love it I have to say... I don't mind the airy draw at all and have had no leeks or gurgles which drove me mad on the other clearo's.. Also I am still on the same head I was a week ago.. I have it on my twist at the moment with a tank full of Cappuccino from healthy smoker and am getting a nice strong flavor.. Thumbs up from me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

dar926 wrote: »
    I'm using the protank just over a week and love it I have to say... I don't mind the airy draw at all and have had no leeks or gurgles which drove me mad on the other clearo's.. Also I am still on the same head I was a week ago.. I have it on my twist at the moment with a tank full of Cappuccino from healthy smoker and am getting a nice strong flavor.. Thumbs up from me :)

Yea pretty much the same same head after over a week and several juices which I expected tbh but all in all it's good with a great taste and good clouds and it's very convienient so it will do me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I bought 2 pro-tanks last week. One works fine, my Virginia prime tastes good in it, I like the airy draw, you still get tonnes of vapour without having to do duck-face sucking on it :D
    The other, was a disaster. It didn't sit well on my Vamo, so tried it on the ego batteries I have laying around - still crooked, though the threads don't look it - but it won't sit right on anything. And it's leaking. It's going back to thebestshop, in fairness to them, when I mailed them to say one was leaking they sent me out a couple of new heads to try, and have said they will take the pro-tank back and have a look. Expecting they'll send on a new one. Hopefully that will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bambi1981

Just got the T3S

Seems better than the Protank (for me)

It has a lot less airy draw, it's the same build as the regular T3 but the exception being that it has protank type heads

Only have it on an hour or so but it seems to have the protank perks as well as a better draw (half the price too)

• Advertisement

I had no luck with those, every one I bought ended up leaking.

I had that problem with the regular T3

I found putting a extra piece of wick on top fixed it for me

As I say only have it on a short while, I'll report back though :pac:

Aha!! I think it was MT3's I had! The S is newer? Maybe they are better. Might give a couple a try. I've tried all the others they brought out, may as well :D

The evods were about the best of that type, and even they leaked on me :( might be just real unlucky with them.

Not had an evod but I think they are the same principle as these

Try the wick trick I am not at all techy with these things but this is simple and fixed all my T3 and MT3 problems

http://www.vaperus.ie/clearomizer/283-kanger-t3s.html

I'm sure most vendors have them but good picture there

I took the top wick off a couple of the coils for the MT3 before and it leaked worse :D

I think I'm just too fumbly.

bambi1981 wrote: »
    Not had an evod but I think they are the same principle as these

Try the wick trick I am not at all techy with these things but this is simple and fixed all my T3 and MT3 problems

http://www.vaperus.ie/clearomizer/283-kanger-t3s.html

I'm sure most vendors have them but good picture there

How long gave you had it?

Will you let me know how good it is after several tanks through it please?

I always want to find a good clearo so interested in this. First time I heard of this clearo too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

curious myself, i prefer the look of that than the big heavy looking protank. be interesting if it tastes as good as the protank is meant to

Protank is good as in ease of use and build quality and no problems with flooding and not really any dry hits if watts is low great for regulated mods. I like the Protank a lot but it's not perfect. Taste and hit is better from igo and a7 drippers but they are a pain to use. You can get a mini Protank for ego batteries.
    But interested in this t3s for ego usage which I now you are into sir d. The Kanger batteries and this t3s probably would be a nice couple.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well you're never going to get dripper quality flavour from something that isn't a dripper.. it's just not going to happen

something simple and quick that actually works well would be nice though, up to date every clearo I've tried I've hated with the possible exception of the iclear16 which I just really really really really really don't like

The protank is a great clearo as far as clearos go. The BCC Mega made by Vapeonly and a few others is similar, the pros being it's much lighter but seems to suffer from dry hits at higher wattages.

If the T3S is better than the eVod then we've a contender for a clearo that is actually acceptable.

I like clearos for when I'm out and about or too lazy to use a heavy wielding yoke.

Topping up the protank for example is so dead easy. Carto tanks I love but topping them up is usually not a clean or easy affair.

• Advertisement

That is exactly what i love about the pro-tank ^^ so easy to fill and go. I think it gives pretty good flavour too, and TH - despite the airy draw a lot complain about. Even changing the coil is easier than doing same with a vivi nova ... but, the vivi nova is still king for me.

Never had any issue with them, and I have 4, with more spare tanks. Planning to get some more so I don't have to wash out so much when trying new flavours. I have the dripping igo now too, that'll be for my main juice. Won't be dripping any oddball fruitiness in there. That's what clearos and spare tanks are for. I've built up a fair amount of heads for each, the vivis, the pro-tanks and any evods I still have about - so they are handy for switching about heads for new flavours. That'll be much messier on a dripper

You can rebuild the heads on the vivi and the protank and the evods too which is pretty sweet. However on the protanks and evods it's slightl harder to build the heads cus if you do it wrong you can get gurgling or dry hits.

That'll be my next mission, rebuild on a Vivi :)

That'll be my next mission, rebuild on a Vivi :)

This is the video I learn't with. maybe there's better ones out there. Skip forward a bit to get to the part where's he's actually rebuilding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSP-8EIjOsM

Took me two goes. First go I didn't cut the wires close enough to the body of the head I think.

After that it's easy and under 4 minutes

Before I look, is it PBusardo? Because I've just been watching it here :D

The link right to where he begins the rebuild:

http://youtu.be/k6_b-uUKVJg?t=14m21s

Look pretty simple, no more ordering new heads because of mucked up wick for me :)

[edit] Nope, it was a different video :D damn. Yeah i watch Glen too, never seen that one so will watch now, cheers.

Tried the vivi nova tonight. It really was dead simple. 2.6 ohm coil, 3 silica wicks, vaping better than the standard 2.4/8 ones you get with it that's for sure. Probably because of the thicker wicks? The ones they use are really thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Topping up the protank for example is so dead easy. Carto tanks I love but topping them up is usually not a clean or easy affair.

Do you have a tank filler. I use one on a wee boaby, it takes seconds and I never have spills. Alba vapours do them for around 2 euro, very handy for carto tanks

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Can't wait to try the Protank and the new T3-s.

I have had nothing but good experiences with the original T3 although 'as is' they can be a little loose and leaky (due to human coiling and wicking in production, if I am correct) but nothing major.
    Nothing a quick push up/tighten of the metal grommet (?) with mini pliers can't fix.
    They're not making the T3 anymore though but the 'S' will be much easier to rebuild due to having the same head as the eVod...and...the same clear mouthpiece. Nice.

Don't know if I remember correctly (or even if I read this at all) but to anyone already in possession of the Protank - is it the same diameter as an eGo battery?

It's wider than an ego batt, but in the pack you get a couple of 'vanity rings' to finish the look. I'll stick a pic up in a bit to show if you like

• Advertisement

here you go:

cETJSAp.jpg

Advertisement