Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Battery Dock/ Wall Charger for Nokia BP-3L

Options
  • 16-04-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi there-Looking for any recommendations on sourcing an (reasonably priced) external charger for my Nokia Lumia battery which uses the BP-3L battery model.
    As the battery life is little more than a day and a bit, I bought a second battery for my phone so I could have a back up charged and ready to go whenever i needed it.
    In addition, having to have the phone tethered to the wall/computer to perform the charge operation is an absolute pain in the posterior. If i had an external dock to charge my second battery, then i could just switch batteries back and forth and say goodbye to tethering my phone for 3 hours 5-6 days a week.
    I've done lots of googling,ebaying,amazoning etc, but it's hard to find exactly what I'm looking for as I keep getting directed to external battery packs, mobile charge units and docking stations....gurrrrrr.....Any helpful solutions or site suggestions would be welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭oldbie

*p.s apologies for poor paragraphing, for some reason the form is displaying html tags, and i've forgotten all the commands and can't figure out how to fix :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Like this??

This is why i love the boards....Cheers Banie01. But I'm wondering about the charge terminals? on my phone and on the battery there are 3 pins for connecting the battery rather than the two displayed. the charging dock itself looks like it's made for the BP-4L battery.But I'm not too up on battery pinmanship. Does anyone know if this matteers a feic??? :D

Feic it I ordered it. Seems a decent site. Free shipping if you'll willing to wait for china post. Will report back when it comes next month

Got the product and first impressions are not good since the the 3-pin adapter for the two flat pin device is designed arse-ways and will not connect. They've glued/moulded the female holes the wrong way round so it's impossible to connect the two devices. Nonsense. I'll be able to sort it as I have other adapters that'll probably do the job. still thou. pain in the arse.

• Advertisement

Whoops forgot to reply on this.....turns out I was the fool who couldn't figure out how to assembly the adapter properly. The device works perfectly

Advertisement