Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from C+T

Options
  • 16-04-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭

Received a ban from C+T on Sunday and I would like for you guys to deal with it after the moderator behind it was a waste of time.

I was infracted in a thread for stating that a mentioning in thread that speaking up against a general baseless ranting post is liable for infraction as "personal abuse". An intersting observation given that nobody is named, mentioned, talked about inferred or alluded to in the post nor was their intention of same.

After this I was banned for stating in thread that Just to prove my point, I got an infraction for pointing out that we get infractions when we dare to call Shenanigans on certain golden posters. Golden passes obviously get some people more than just free rides on the train." Supposedly, point out a matter of fact after the event is taken as "discussing moderation"; something which it is clearly isn't unless one is extremely pedantic.

What is most galling of all is that the OP was accused of trolling by a moderator and the thread promptly locked; evidence that if nothing else but my stance and that of others to question the threads base was well meant or correct.

From private mail I was told that We all know who you're referring to when you say..., that I was discussing moderation and that the moderator will not discusss this any further. Given his rudeness and inability to apply discression it's left me with little choice but to take this further.

I am seeking annulment of all infractions/bansfrom the thread along with an apology from the moderator for his lack of partiality, balance and fairness on the forum, something that is ruining C+T as a free flowing forum lately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I'll take a look at it.

Edit: I'll need to discuss things with the other CMods. Also generally you cannot ask us to look at other user's infractions or bans but as they are associated with your infraction being in the same thread and essentially for the same offence, we'll look at those too. We also do not force mods to give apologies.

Losty, there's a lot of things to work through here, so this may take us a while to sort out. Please bear with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

nesf wrote: »
    Losty, there's a lot of things to work through here, so this may take us a while to sort out. Please bear with us.

I understand and thank you for your time and effort on this.

Hello losty,

We're going to reverse all bans and infractions on that thread and going to have a chat to monument about a few things. We don't expect this to happen again. Apologies for the delays in handling this, it was not a straightforward one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

nesf wrote: »
    Hello losty,

We're going to reverse all bans and infractions on that thread and going to have a chat to monument about a few things. We don't expect this to happen again. Apologies for the delays in handling this, it was not a straightforward one.

Nesf, thanks for looking into this. Much appreciated at this end :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement