Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais - in credit and bill paid???

Options
  • 16-04-2013 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Just rang them up to pay a bill that was due last week. The automated service we usually use informed us we were actually in credit of just over a fiver. Rang back to speak to someone and they informed us that the payment had successfully been cleared on the 10th of this month? There wasn't a cent in the account and I explained on the phone that we were actually charged a tenner by our bank because the DD went unpaid as of the 11th. The lady insisted point blank the bill was clear and that if it was rejected by our bank they would have known about it by now. Naturally were concerned, we know we didn't pay it. And we have absolutely no idea where this fiver credit is coming from either - our bills are not estimated either, we're on that thing where they take a set amount every month! Any ideas on how best to approach this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ask them to issue you with an account statement. Also, see if their cash application department can provide you with any reference number associated with the payment.

Have you validated that the money hasn't left your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

dudara wrote: »
    Ask them to issue you with an account statement. Also, see if their cash application department can provide you with any reference number associated with the payment.

Have you validated that the money hasn't left your account?

The money was never in my account in the first place. Ulster Bank charged me a tenner as an unpaid direct debit charge for Bord Gais so they haven't been paid. I'll have to ask for a statement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

The bounced DD might take a bit longer to be reflected on their system so all that they could see at the minute is that it is paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

petes wrote: »
    The bounced DD might take a bit longer to be reflected on their system so all that they could see at the minute is that it is paid.

Thats what I told them but the lady insisted that once Ulster Bank make the unpaid item charge, then it comes up on their system. It also doesn't explain how we are 5 euro in credit with them as the direct debit is a specific amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Just rang them up to pay a bill that was due last week. The automated service we usually use informed us we were actually in credit of just over a fiver. Rang back to speak to someone and they informed us that the payment had successfully been cleared on the 10th of this month? There wasn't a cent in the account and I explained on the phone that we were actually charged a tenner by our bank because the DD went unpaid as of the 11th. The lady insisted point blank the bill was clear and that if it was rejected by our bank they would have known about it by now. Naturally were concerned, we know we didn't pay it. And we have absolutely no idea where this fiver credit is coming from either - our bills are not estimated either, we're on that thing where they take a set amount every month! Any ideas on how best to approach this?
    ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Thats what I told them but the lady insisted that once Ulster Bank make the unpaid item charge, then it comes up on their system. It also doesn't explain how we are 5 euro in credit with them as the direct debit is a specific amount.

Well, if you are on the plan pay direct debit, you can be in credit or owe money at various parts of the year. The ammount you pay monthly is not your exact bill!

• Advertisement
Advertisement