Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State of the Roads ! Celbridge

Options
  • 16-04-2013 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭

People just look at this section of road in Celbridge

It's on the Maynooth Road , it's a bus route ( 67x ) and a busy junction.

The damage to this stupid hump was first caused during the ' Great freeze ' during 2010 .

The reason KCC have done nothing ( apart from the fact they try to ignore anywhere in North Kildare ) is that this road is earmarked for re-modelling , but that has been on-going for over 2 years .

The humps at junctions are not speed humps they were originally put in place to facilitate wheelchair users , any wheelchair user now would find this impossible to negotiate .

If you are also inconvenienced by this , then do as I have just done contact the local Cllrs .

road.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Davidth88 wrote: »
    People just look at this section of road in Celbridge

It's on the Maynooth Road , it's a bus route ( 67x ) and a busy junction.

The damage to this stupid hump was first caused during the ' Great freeze ' during 2010 .

The reason KCC have done nothing ( apart from the fact they try to ignore anywhere in North Kildare ) is that this road is earmarked for re-modelling , but that has been on-going for over 2 years .

The humps at junctions are not speed humps they were originally put in place to facilitate wheelchair users , any wheelchair user now would find this impossible to negotiate .

If you are also inconvenienced by this , then do as I have just done contact the local Cllrs .

road.jpg

I have seen these abortions of SH's all over David. Come down to Newbridge and see what the council are doing here....throwing a shovel of tar over a pothole, and slapping it into the hole, then going away. NO roller.

Did notice in Parkwest that the humps which were the same as Your photo have had tar rolled over them, and they look and feel a LOT better!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Ok, have news

This junction will be re-done in July.

It was scheduled to be repaired Jan-Feb , but was put on hold because of the outside works in Kildare being put on hold after the poor Council Workers death in Jan.

Le_Dieux , I have seen the ones in Park West they were also destroyed in the great freeze in 2010.

Advertisement