Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to eat in rosslare

Options
  • 16-04-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

We are traveling to France via rosslare in June and where wondering where is a good place to stop for some dinner before we get on board. Last year we stopped at the last hotel before the port on the right ( cant remember the name of it for the life of me) and It wasn't great tbh. the staff really put us off stopping there again. food was fine but i'm sure that there is going to be somewhere better in the area.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Culleton's Bar & Restaurant in Kilrane is very good. Almost next door is the Kilrane Inn. Both are on the main road approx 2 miles from the port. Moving back up the road, the Danby Lodge (10 mins to port) is grand. Back a little further is Coopers Restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

Thanks oldyouth. I may give one of them a try instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

And back a little further up the road is The Farmers Kitchen. (aprx 15/20 mins to Rosslare Harbour).

Food served from 7am to 9 pm daily

http://www.farmerskitchen.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Fusion restaurant is v good. Its in Ferryport House which is just beside the church a few mins from the port. Hotel Rosslare (overlooking the port) is open again under new management - don't know what the food is like but worth a try as I would think they will be trying very hard to win back business.

Advertisement