Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ducato oil pressure switch

• 16-04-2013 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all
    I would appreciate if anyone could tell me where the oil pressure switch is on a ducato 2500 turbo diesel as fitted to 1996 Hymer.I would like to fit an oil pressure guage.
    Thanks Zambo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

zambo wrote: »
    Hi all
    I would appreciate if anyone could tell me where the oil pressure switch is on a ducato 2500 turbo diesel as fitted to 1996 Hymer.I would like to fit an oil pressure guage.
    Thanks Zambo.

It's in the back of the block, fairly central, single pole.
    Why are you fitting a gauge ? Just curious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

Hi
    I have one I had originally fitted in a vw type25 I converted about 30 years ago.Its nice to know the oil pressure,however I did have one scary moment one cold winter day when shortly after starting out I saw the pointer at zero,pulled in and turned off the engine wondering what damage I might have done.You can imagine my relief about 30 seconds later when the pointer started moving anticlockwise,because of the cold oil the pointer had gone all the way round to the stop.Thanks for the info.
    Yours Zambo

Advertisement