Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affilorama-a course to get set up in IM?

Options
  • 16-04-2013 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi,
    I vowed this year that I would get into Affiliate marketing and set up a website and got adsense, amazon,google and clickbank and filled with content. Long story short I could now write an ebook showcasing all the classic mistakes of affiliate marketing because I made all of them including a terrible site name and too broad a market.
    Realising I needed help I came across affilorama by Mark Ling, a NZ guy who runs the website and has some really good advice, he has of course a training package called blueprint. It's $197 for it which in my world is not cheap but he says it's a one stop shop

My question is has anyone used it or have experience with this guy?
    While I'm on there is another called affiliate classroom too or if you have one you would recommend that could teach me strategy to start making money online from affiliate marketing and i am a realist I know it's not going to happen overnight!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 3sixty

Yes, your right it will not happen overnight.

Everybody thinks the internet is paved with gold. Its not. It takes a very long time to get the basics right and its a never ending process.

The majority of affiliates dont make money either. In fact only 2% off all affiliates are responsible for 90% of all affiliate program sales. Something to think about there.

Regarding your intial question, I dont know the ins and outs of that course. I will say though, whatever course you do take or books , threads you read etc none of it will work unless you take the desired action to the latter. So think wisely before spending your hard earned money :)

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tremone

Not sure what your last point is meaning to say but I presume you mean you must follow the instructions to the letter.

There is a lot to take in but I realise it is not all just about traffic, you need the right sort of traffic(buyer traffic) and this involves a lot of SEO, article marketing, keyword research, backlinking and god knows what else and I know starting from zero knowledge I am not going to learn it overnight.

If anyone has any knowledge of affilorama or Mark Ling or just go to the website he does explain a lot for free which is unusual because most of these guys show
    themselves in big houses driving ferraris but he offers video presentations.

I'll do a bit more research but would appreciate some advice from more experienced internet marketers.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dgerryd

Hey Tremore
    Gerry here this is something I have a lot of knowledge of I have seen Mark Lings program I can't say that it's no good but I did do one called Niche Profit Classroom by Adam Short and this is what I know now these courses are good to give you an understanding of how it works which is good but these programs are designed to bombard you with information to keep you paying for as long as possible their methods are outdated and they coax you into building your sites through them so if you ever stop paying the monthly subscription your sites will also go down and the sites look awful but when you are a newbie you don't realise this and they suck what cash they can from you for as long as they can and that's just marketing and their good at it I have been at it for 2 years now I have a couple of sites but by no means am I living any kind of a lavish lifestyle or really successful but I know as long as I stick to my goals I will get there if you want help I will help you out I am not trying to sell you anything or gain profit from you I can only offer you my experience and advice everything you need to learn is free if you know the right people and it takes wading through 90% of B.S to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tremone

Gerry, Thx for the reply, you have mentioned one of my concerns in that you have to sign up and pay monthly(like SFM) but affilorama blueprint does not do that, in fact you don't have to use his template. It costs $197 (a 60 day money back guarantee) and his website has a free membership which offers good advice in fairness for free(most of these sites just show dudes driving about in flash cars they have probably rented fro the day).
    You mentioned you could offer some advice which is great, could you go to the affilorama site and tell me what you think of the advice offered. Thank you for offering to help I really appreciate you offering me your experience and hopefully someday soon when were multi millionaires we can toast our success!!

Rgds,
    Tremone

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dgerryd

This is what I would advise you to do if you are new forget about all the different methods and focus on mastering one. And the easiest model is adsense it will also teach you site structure and the methods needed to rank a site master that and move on. Instead of signing up to affillorama for $197 go to niche profit classroom you can sign up there for 2 weeks for $1 go to the niche profit shortcut video series in the classroom tab and study that adsense course for the two weeks even better if use software called camtasia,jing, or screencast you could record these videos for later study and cancel your subscription before the 2 weeks are up and they charge you full whack. For $1 you will get just as much information as you would for the $197 from affillorama . And believe me there are reputable affiliate networks out there that are free to join with training and even an affiliate manager to get assistance try contacting Mark Ling or Adam Short for assistance the silence will be defening this is just my advice hope this helps you out.
    All the best
    Gerry

• Advertisement
Advertisement