Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyplace in Dublin (and around) I can listen to some headpphones before buying?

• 16-04-2013 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm in the market for new phones, I narrowed my choice to following:
    Audio-Technica ES55
    Audio-Technica SJ55
    Audio-Technica WS55
    or
    Beyerdynamic DTX-501p
    SoundMagic P30

Is there any place in Dublin I can go and test any of above?
    Would any boardsies can share their experiences?

Thanks,
    doc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Head Fi the place I go for headphone reviews. HMV used to have test earphones but they are gone. PC World have earphones on their MP3 players. Maybe Peats?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

BostonB wrote: »
    Head Fi the place I go for headphone reviews. HMV used to have test earphones but they are gone. PC World have earphones on their MP3 players. Maybe Peats?

Thanks, I'm on HeadFi since last month reading all possible reviews, that's why I have this narrowed to those few ;) I want to be able to feel them before buying. I might have to just go with the ones I think will be right (I'm sure I'll be happy anyway)

Pity about HMV, I missed that train. Peats seems to have Sennheiser only, I'm not to keen about them in my price range. I think I'll try PC World one day.

I'll be going for a trip to Italy next week, will see if I'll find anything there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Tower records used to have some listening posts. Dunno if thats there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

BostonB wrote: »
    Tower records used to have some listening posts. Dunno if thats there.

Yeah but I don't think you can select your headphones at those - you just have to use whatever ones they have connected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Yeah but I don't think you can select your headphones at those - you just have to use whatever ones they have connected.
    It's all Sennheiser & Beats displays in Tower & Arnotts.

• Advertisement

thanks folks, I'm not really into Senns and I'm not even looking at Beats.

I think I will bite the bullet and ask one my friends living in UK to get me ES55 from richersounds - they have them on sale now and they are supposed to be cracking phones.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

They have some of the AKG range in Tower, the K451 is a great set of headphones in that price bracket.

They actually have them also in Compu B, they have a set out to try in their Blanch store.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/akg-k451

They have some of the AKG range in Tower, the K451 is a great set of headphones in that price bracket.

They actually have them also in Compu B, they have a set out to try in their Blanch store.

http://www.whathifi.com/review/akg-k451

Thanks for this, K450/K451 was my first choice, but after reading some reviews I passed on them. Well, I can always try - I heard you either love them or hate them, I've got nothing to loose.

I was also looking at Koss DJ-100, supposedly they sound fantastic when properly driven / amplified.

Price wise I was looking at €100 max, I might wait for some bargain on adverts, like barely used M50's ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

docentore wrote: »
    I might wait for some bargain on adverts, like barely used M50's ;)

Only a fool would barely use M50s. :pac:

Morf wrote: »
    Only a fool would barely use M50s. :pac:

True ;)

One of my mates is going to UK next week so I will be getting ATH SJ-55 from richersounds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement