Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement iPhone 4S battery advice

• 16-04-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Anyone know what I should be looking for in a replacement battery.
    Seems to be plenty of cheaps 1's on eBay

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

In the same boat myself actually but wouldn't have the know-how to attempt it myself. Can anyone recommend a decent and reliable place in Dublin that could replace it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Consumer law says that an item should last a reasonable amount of time. The iphone 4s is at most 18 months old. Try contact apple or your vendor first!

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brian2614

In the same boat myself actually but wouldn't have the know-how to attempt it myself. Can anyone recommend a decent and reliable place in Dublin that could replace it?

It's easy enough to change yourself,check YouTube.Am looking for info on where to buy 1 or what to look for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Replacing the battery is dead simple.

Guide

Battery

Tools Needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

sweetie wrote: »
    Consumer law says that an item should last a reasonable amount of time. The iphone 4s is at most 18 months old. Try contact apple or your vendor first!
    You wont get anywhere going that route i'd wager. 18mths life would be deemed reasonable by any deciding bodies or indeed, manufacturers, I would imagine. That said, I've had iphones from the outset, as have many colleagues, and we haven't encountered any issues as of yet with the 4S battery.

Anyway, as has been said, its an easy swap out. Far more so than the 3 / 3GS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

If you really don't want to go down the route of replacing it yourself, there is a pc/phone replacement shop down by the central bank (next door to candy labs) that do it for you.l got a iPhone 4 battarys replaced there and a few other things done, took about 25 mins max. Cost about 50 in total. The battary cost 20ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

If you really don't want to go down the route of replacing it yourself, there is a pc/phone replacement shop down by the central bank (next door to candy labs) that do it for you.l got a iPhone 4 battarys replaced there and a few other things done, took about 25 mins max. Cost about 50 in total. The battary cost 20ish

Although some may not want to do it, it is dead simple, id class it as easier than rewiring a plug tbh and I've only ever replaced two.

But if not theres always the shop, but that just shows you how much they are making on each battery replace.crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

mcw92 wrote: »
    Although some may not want to do it, it is dead simple, id class it as easier than rewiring a plug tbh and I've only ever replaced two.

But if not theres always the shop, but that just shows you how much they are making on each battery replace.crazy.

+1.

4 screws.

5 mins.

Advertisement