Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenants leaving - problems with last month's rent

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

djimi wrote: »
    With a scheme such as this one I would hope the majority of tenants would understand that it is in their best interests to have their deposit held by a third party, even if there is a cost involved. Especially since a lot of tenants (going by reading on here anyway) seem to have, at one time or another, been burned by a dodgy landlord.

There are always going to be those who feel that it is unnecessary or can't afford it and those who feel that the procedures in place already are sufficient.

Don't get me wrong I think its a good idea I just have the feeling that everyone would want someone else to pay for it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The way it is now, the landlord doesn't trust the tenants and the tenants don't trust the landlord. I've seen people get ****ed over either way. Myself, i am renting somewhere over a year and I still have not received one right gas bill from the estate agents, and demand hundreds that we don't owe. I pay the correct amount and that's it. If I didn't they would do nothing, in fact there was a bill of near 600e for gas when we moved in because they never collect it from other tenants. They tried to bill us with that as well :rolleyes: Yet I am supposed to trust these fools to give me my deposit back? Really needs some sort of third party.

Advertisement