Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streams

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Well 3pm Saturday games are protected in England so that'd be a problem, though would be ok in Ireland.

The TV rights deal I assume means that it can't legally be shown anywhere else in the country, so that'd be the main stumbling block.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

Official youtube channels aren't even allowed put highlights up until after the weekend, it's a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

It's ridiculous. I'd love a paid subscription like this.

You can't always be around to watch the 4pm game on a Sunday or whatever. Also, it's very pricey for Sky, Setanta and ESPN.

I got rid of them of and just stream games online when I'm available to watch them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I think it's laughable that the sanctity of the 3pm kick-off is even given lip-service these days, what with the degree to which the idea has already been given such a profound alterboying from BSkyB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Delboy5 wrote: »
    I see NBC have announced all 380 premiership games next season will be available online in the US......

Why can't we get something like this here, even a paid subscription to your own clubs 38 would be class...

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/16/nbc-sports-announces-premier-league-programming-plans/related/

I've a funny feeling these will be shared online via the usual sources.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

True, but I think more people would be willing to pay for a proper service like this than they are for Sky etc...

There's definitely a market for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I think it's laughable that the sanctity of the 3pm kick-off is even given lip-service these days, what with the degree to which the idea has already been given such a profound alterboying from BSkyB.

The NFL local blackout system is perfect I think. UK might be too small geographically to implement something similar though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

If eircom is your provider you can stream the setanta 3 oclock game.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

The 3pm rule is there so that lower division clubs will not be affected by top flight games on TV at the same time as most of their games kick off

However I can see no reason why that NBC move cannot be replicated in Ireland as we are not subject to the 3pm rule.

I also take it that what NBC are doing is part of a new rights deal they are starting this coming season, therefore any change here would have to be part of a new rights deal, and I beeline the latest one of those has just recently been signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

However I can see no reason why that NBC move cannot be replicated in Ireland as we are not subject to the 3pm rule.

This is my thoughts exactly, we are a separate country and there shouldn't be any reason why we cannot receive live coverage of all premiership matches......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

and the bad news is
    NBC Sports Group announced its on-air talent for coverage of the Barclays Premier League will feature Arlo White as lead play-by-play voice, Lee Dixon and Graeme Le Saux as match analysts and Gary Lineker as special contributor. The commentating team will be supported domestically by Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe, who will join host Rebecca Lowe as studio analysts in Stamford, Conn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Found a good post on this on Reddit.

· All 380 game will be available live.
    · 20 games on NBC, 154 on NBCSN, 22 on other NBCUniversal channels, 184 on Premier League Extra time, 10 on Telemundo, 66 on mun2.
    · What the final day of the season will look like http://imgur.com/l9L2p9a 10 games on 10 different networks
    · If you have the NBC sports channel all games will be available to you live in one way or another
    · Match of the day on NBC every Saturday (likely an American version)
    · A two-hour show Mondays with condensed Man United and City games from that weekend.
    · A two-hour show Tuesdays with condensed matches of Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham.
    · Games will be aired Saturday: 7 am and 10 am on NBCSN, 12:30 on NBC, Sunday: 8 am on NBCSN, 11 am on NBCSN and Telemundo. Midweek: 2:30 on NBCSN. All times ET
    · An example of NBC's sexy new studios for pre and post game coverage http://imgur.com/9QD2phz
    · Main NBC PL talent: Arlo White, Lee Dixon, Graeme Le Saux, Rebecca Lowe, Robbie Earle, Robbie Mustoe. Special contributor Gary Lineker. (This is a much better line up than Fox Sports)
    · A 30 minute goals show every Sunday
    · Online steams are free to cable customers whose companies have authentication deals. (This should improve online stream quality, legal or otherwise, for everyone)
    · Further breakdown of games on various NBC channels: six on USA Network, nine on CNBC, seven on other channels, mostly on that final Sunday. (There's going to be soccer on "E!", lol)
    · NBCSN will pick up the EPL's produced shows: Premier League World, Premier League Preview and Premier League Review.
    · Arlo White (The best MLS announcer) will be live on site for over 75 games.
    · Some new original programs coming next season that I haven't mentioned:
    Premier League 36 -- An original series that follows EPL players for 36 hours leading up to a game.
    Match of the Week --NBC Sports Network will re-air the best match of the weekend in its entirety Sunday night.
    Premier League Download -- A weekly show featuring high-profile celebrity supporters and journalists discussing the Premier League.
    Premier League Countdown -- A preview of the 2013-14 Premier League season.
    · A 10 am whip-around show is something that has been looked at. No more details yet.
    · Just to clarify if you have NBC sports network, which is in most cable packages, you can watch every Premier League game live ether online or on TV.
    · FOX SOCCER IS DEAD (thank god). The games Fox still has the rights for (Champions League) will be shown on the fox sports channel, which most people have.
    · Arlo White's color analyst will not be on the field. Lee Dixon or Graeme Le Saux will be in the commentary booth with White.
    · There will be Match of the Day, Match of the Day 2, and Match of the Week, every weekend.
    · That's all folks! The USA will now have the most thorough coverage of the English league in the world, which is a little odd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

It'll be interesting to see how this works. The Americans will always do much better than the Brits when it comes to providing services like this. Look at the NFL gamepass which is an absolute great service. You could have blackouts on games that have been bought by Sky and have highlights/condensed games available to the user.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Found a good post on this on Reddithave.

· Just to clarify if you have NBC sports network, which is in most cable packages, you can watch every Premier League game live ether online or on TV.

This is what I have a problem with.

You need a TV sub in order to get the online content.

There should be a clean break between them, you should be able to buy a online package like MLB.tv for example that gives you what games you want online and only online
    Hopefully it's something the EPL will introduce next time the rights deals come around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,787 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

lead play-by-play-voice.

Jesus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement