Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G9 adaptors

Options
  • 16-04-2013 5:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45

Anyone know where I can buy this system in B&M shop?

BELL-G9-Adaptors-image.jpg

O'Briens Lighting have them but they are in Kerry and I'm in Kildare.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Why use an adapter at all?
    G9 lamps are not very good anyway.
    They always seem to fail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 NiThigim

The answer is in the question!

I want a Halogen bulb in an E27 fitting. I would like the option to try different wattages/covers. Might even try LED.

.......I can also buy G9's by the gross on EBay. :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

NiThigim wrote: »
    The answer is in the question!
    No, its not.
    I want a Halogen bulb in an E27 fitting.

Why not just try one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

g9s are rubbish go the led road

whats a b&m shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

Bell lighting in the uk make a similar system, based on g9 and with various differant shades to replicate standard bulbs.
    we got them in for a guy but they were the r95 globe type.
    it seems like a good system to replace lights that might have gone out of production like the r95 globe.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 NiThigim

B&M = Bricks and mortar.

I appreciate the advice regarding the G9's but I was looking for information regarding shops where the kit is available ( preferably at a reasonable price ).

Advertisement