Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Related Courses.

Options
  • 16-04-2013 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

Hi, first of all I would like to apologise if this is in the wrong section.

I would like to know peoples opinion on what the best property related courses are?

I would be possibly starting as a mature student, this is the 1st year I would be able to do this.

Ideally I would not like to be studying full time, I like working, and am not sure if I could just study full time without working, ideally in a property related job.

I don't have any experience in this field, and anytime I have looked up jobs they always want experience, even for trainee / junior positions.

Im not sure exactly what area of property I would like to be involved in to be honest, Sales, Lettings, Commercial, Residential, Property development of some sort etc etc...

I never bothered with college as I have always been in full time employment and have done well for myself. I have found things very tough over the last year or so and want a qualification to help me get back on track.

Business and Property are the two things that excite / interest me.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm just looking to get back on track again. Thanks Billy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

If your interested in self employment check out this franchise www.castlecountrywide.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Out of interest, why are you going into the property field in a recession caused, in a major way, by a housing slump?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

Griffith College used to do a course on property investment, etc. There are all the diplomas,degrees, etc that you can study for architecture, QS, civil eng etc with the various colleges around. Then there is also the auctioneers professional exams (which might be just what you are looking for), Look up the IAPV I think or similar for their courses.

Good luck!!

p.s. always a great time to get into a sector when it has just hit rock bottom, don't be put off at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SC20

Hi Billy

DIT run a part-time BSc in Property Studies in partnership with the Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland. The course is a 4 year programme aimed at professionals working in the property sector.

Students who leave the course after two years’ study will be entitled to receive an exit award at Level 6 – this carries 120 ECTS credits, which is the minimum academic qualification requirement set down by the Property Services Regulatory Authority to obtain a property service provider license.

Check out www.scsi.ie for information

Advertisement