Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me choose venue

Options
  • 16-04-2013 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi I am stuck between Mulranny and Breaffy for my wedding venue..If anyone has pros and cons of either venue or if you have attended a wedding there of late can you please PM me.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Chickus wrote: »
    Hi I am stuck between Mulranny and Breaffy for my wedding venue..If anyone has pros and cons of either venue or if you have attended a wedding there of late can you please PM me.
    Thanks

Was at a wedding in Breaffy a few weeks ago. Its a really nice venue, service was excellent. Everyone got there food at the same time and it was brought out in military fashion! Nice area for photos in the woods too.

Haven't been to one in Mulranny so I cant comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Stayed in and been to weddings in both and I'd chose Mulranny Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

No competition - Mulranny hands down ... food, service, hotel itself much much better. The view from Mulranny is amazing. Have been to weddings in both and if it were me I would be chosing Mulranny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Have been at two relatives weddings' in Mulranny this year.

Helpful efficient staff

Both went very well. Excellent service. Great scenic backdrops for the photos.

Would recommend it highly

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Has to be Mulranny, the weather was incredible so it helped but a great day had by all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

I would love Mulranny but Breaffy do amazing packages in comparison.But the fact that banks have it make me a bit worried

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Mulranny would wins hands down, Breaffy is good it was excellent in its day but has become worn around the edges. Having said that if there was a huge difference in price then I would not hesitate to choose Breaffy.

Yeah Mulranny is still shiny, fresh and bright. But they are rigid in their prices..and its 85 a head for a room. Breaffy throw in everything for 50 euro including half bottle of wine .its their top price for 6 course meal and every extra you can imagine...
    Mulranny's meal is 50 euro minus drinks and hardly any extras... Ahhh Il have to go to both on the same day and see which feels right...its kills me though to choose as my parents are paying..i have refused this but they are not taking no for an answer..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I don't think Breaffy could justify charging what Mulranny do.
    You get what you pay for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

If the weather is fine Mulranney is hard to beat, but on a bad day the view from the large windows can be a bit bleak and ominous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

If the weather is fine Mulranney is hard to beat, but on a bad day the view from the large windows can be a bit bleak and ominous.

Imho the view is one of the best in the country. I have spent many holidays in the area. It is rare for the view of Croagh Patrick to be obscured all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Even on a bad day the view is spectacular, its lovely been tucked up inside looking at the wildness of the Atlantic.

Whichever you pick you will be making a great choice, you cant make a bad decision here so when you make your choice don't look back!

Best wishes hope you have a fab day:)

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭kinetic

I stayed in Breaffy a few weeks ago and wouldn't go back there if it was for nothing. Place was filthy and food inedible. Mulranny is a different class.

Thanks all for your replies. I think I will go for Mulranny.The views really are the selling point...will visit Breaffy again at weekend just to check it out :D

Advertisement