Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

hopefully Fifa 14 has the Nou Camp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Can't imagine We'll find out anything particularly interesting tomorrow. Good news all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Will two versions be announced. One for ps3 and ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Will two versions be announced. One for ps3 and ps4?

Probably but if past experience is anything to go by, the PS4 version will be a cobbled together version of FIFA 13.

Was there much of a difference between the first ps3 fifa and ps2 version. I remember the first time I played pro evolution on xbox360 and thought it was class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The Blue Square league is gonna be in FIFA 14

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Come on, EA, just put in an indoor mode.

And no, Fifa Street doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There's been nothing groundbreaking about Fifa 13 , no real massive changes, surely there must be something good in store for 14 ?

One can hope anyway :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,098 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Make lob through balls manual on 14.

Just make the game more fair so that better player wins more often then not.

If they could make game more enjoyable I be happy.

Could not agree with you more on the lob through ball. Easily the worst part about online. Have to keep my sides sitting deep to stop it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Probably but if past experience is anything to go by, the PS4 version will be a cobbled together version of FIFA 13.

agreed, they messed up the launch Wii U and launch PS Vita versions of Fifa so can't see the PS4 or NextBox versions being up to much this year. Fifa 15 should be the start of next-gen Fifa. Maybe Konami can gain some ground this Winter?

Depends what console you're talking about.
    The PS3 launched after 07 came out and the first version was 08, this version was far superior to the PS2 version.
    However the Xbox got a lesser version for 07(as they did for many games around that point)

Given the time frame that both consoles launch this year, we'll probably see a similarity to the Xboxs 07 versions of PES/FIFA.

Hopefully then in 15 we'll see a new engine.
    Considering they're making 14 for the current generation of consoles. We'll most likely the engine retained for yet another year(it's been badly overused by now...no big upgrades since 09/10)
    I'd imagine the next big upgrade will happen for 15 when they switch primarily to the newer consoles.

Agree on the lofted through balls, the main gripe is how poor the ground ones are in comparison. You could have a MASSIVE hole and it still swings to the defender.

Playing a lot of clubs these days and it's amazing how many annoying little issues have remained untouched.
    Drop in games- lads not readying up and stalling everyone, unable to vote to kick frustrating players, no pre-picking ability-this would lead to the lads picking CB/LB/LM actually wanting to play there which in turn will lead to a more enjoyable game.
    Also making the AI filler players extremely poor makes no sense in playing competitive club matches.
    They're all extremely weak in the important stats of agility, speed, ball control would improve the game 10 fold if the filler players were at least useable

There's not a whole lot they'd have to change to improve the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Goalkeepers need to be improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Goalkeepers need to be improved.

It was impossible in the earlier games to beat a keeper near post and now it's nearly the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thing I'm looking most forward to is playing as Limerick FC in the Airtricity League :D

Also, I hope they have Player Manager back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

A look at the real ball physics:

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Tackling needs to be improved wish they could sort out pens and free kicks too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Here's the reveal from EA http://www.ea.com/soccer/blog/fifa-14-reveal

I'm glad there fixing the shooting. Every goal was identical either finesse into the corner or blast into corner...

and could someone explain what the *Global Scouting Network* is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Every year they come up with some new bullsh1t that does almost nothing to change the game.

And I'll probably buy it too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

The only positive so far is the variation in shooting, well maybe. Other than that, we will get a slightly prettier but equally flawed game that we get each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,156 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

standing tackles where a player like Messi can be running full pelt with the ball and all a defender does is leave out a leg and it takes the ball and no contact at all with the player. Just do something with them.

I follow this guy on youtube and he was at the launch yesterday.

Hopefully he is right about Pace not being as huge a factor on Fifa 14.

Only time will tell.

Love the idea of Curled Lofted through balls. But was hoping they would make it manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Any improvements geared to getting more manual players involved would be great. They have made a small effort last year by the manual filters in seasons so hopefully they cater for the same in Ultimate Team. As I like a lot of manual players like it but its ridiculous trying to play against assisted players with hyped up teams all the time. So manual filter would be good.

Another issue needs fixing for 14 is dedicated lobbies/servers etc in 2v2. Its can be a chore trying to get games in that with idiots trolling lobbies when a game is already set up. Its simple solution hopefully they sort out this year but probably unlikely:rolleyes:

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Any improvements geared to getting more manual players involved would be great. They have made a small effort last year by the manual filters in seasons so hopefully they cater for the same in Ultimate Team. As I like a lot of manual players like it but its ridiculous trying to play against assisted players with hyped up teams all the time. So manual filter would be good.

Another issue needs fixing for 14 is dedicated lobbies/servers etc in 2v2. Its can be a chore trying to get games in that with idiots trolling lobbies when a game is already set up. Its simple solution hopefully they sort out this year but probably unlikely:rolleyes:

Hopefully they sort out the first time through ball glitch for manual players too. Its really annoying having to take first touch first before a through or lob through ball.

Its been on the last few ones and would love if they fixed it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

And put back in Online Leagues for god sake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

The latest edition of FIFA was announced this week, and fans of the series are excited to lap up any information that comes their way. Today EA Sports took to their blog to discuss the changes in FIFA 14 in regard to the scouting system in the revamped career mode.
    EA wants to give players the feeling of setting up an extensive global scouting network to find players throughout the entire year, not just when the transfer window is open. This gives players a good list of footballers to try and sign when the transfer window opens.
    You can send scouts out to look at specific leagues, a specific type of player, or if you have your eye on just one player, scouts can watch him as well. The system is also moving away from a player overall rating system to determine the abilities of footballers. Instead you will be able to tell your scouts what kind of footballer you are looking for, like pacey or promising.
    Over the next few weeks we will be getting more information about FIFA 14. Expect a large reveal of the game at E3, where we will get to see some of the new features shown off. In the meantime, check out some screens of the scouting system and new career mode hub below.

fifa14_x360_careermodescoutreport_obertan_3rdupdate_view1_wm-640x360.jpg

fifa14_gen3_careermode_central_globalscoutingnetwork_tile_active_wm.jpg

link

I haven't managed to get into the career mode in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The UI looks a lot better imo. A readable font!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

If they manage to make FIFA less **** they will be onto a winner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Advertisement