Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The CPU just seems to spam lofted through balls as well.

Good practise for Ultimate Team I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

That torn that they do when you're microns away from a tackle really pisses me off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

they're not gonna make demos 5 mins a half or longer, they give you a taste of the game, making you want more, thats how they sell it and why they release a demo in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Is it just me or do the players feel really sluggish at times?

The plays holding their runs is sweet, you can pull off some sexy passes cause of it. I like the new goalie animation when they drop the ball while moving forward. And players holding up their arms to say they didn't touch someone. :pac:

Gonna wait till I pick up a PS4 to get it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I played this a few months ago - a version that was 85% complete and the changes were huge. The shooting was all changed and the changing direction was tweaked so the player had to slow down a bit before turning on a six-pence.

The shooting was all about timing and not about how long you held the button. In fact holding the button down longer was essential for power.

You could also swerve, dip and move the ball in the air based on the angle you hit it.

I haven't played the demo yet but the FIFA 14 I played was completely different from 13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

i thought goal keeper animations is alot better, but i find that everything else has gone shockingly bad....... when you see players like Lucas (great technical ability)for psg been extremely poor on the ball and can't get the ball out of his feet to put in a cross or seems to push it too far ahead of himself knocking it out of play or giving it to a defender. also felt that sometimes a straight forward pass would end up well way from the intended reciever of the pass.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I got the PC demo last night and I thought the passing was noticeably easier.

I also scored a cracker with Lucas btw ;)

risteardb wrote: »
    i thought goal keeper animations is alot better, but i find that everything else has gone shockingly bad....... when you see players like Lucas (great technical ability)for psg been extremely poor on the ball and can't get the ball out of his feet to put in a cross or seems to push it too far ahead of himself knocking it out of play or giving it to a defender. also felt that sometimes a straight forward pass would end up well way from the intended reciever of the pass.

This is a problem I had playing.

Didn't matter if I was controlling a defender or a forward player I just couldn't get the ball out from their feet a bit to do a pass after they controlled the ball it just always seemed to get stuck for a second or two and then you could get it out to do a pass.

I think the way to get around it is to trap the ball with the right stick, but I'm not sure either

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

Did anybody else hear a rumour that if you bought Fifa 14 on ps3 network when it is realesed you will be updated to the ps4 version of the game if you buy the ps4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Did anybody else hear a rumour that if you bought Fifa 14 on ps3 network when it is realesed you will be updated to the ps4 version of the game if you buy the ps4.

Can't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

where's the best to pre-order Fifa 14 online & recieve it on release day?

MD1990 wrote: »
    where's the best to pre-order Fifa 14 online & recieve it on release day?

http://www.gamesnash.ie/

Always get games to me on release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Far as i know there doing an upgrade service for certain games from the older system to the newer one. You will get a discount on the game i think.

Some head Sony fella has already mentioned they have no reason to match Xbox on the free fifa 14 deal as there happy with there numbers on the pre orders. Its clear Microsoft are giving away free games and signing up for exclusive content for a reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

No need to wait till 2015, the new version is only two months away and is packed with a new engine.

14 on PS3/360 was always going to be an inferior 13.5 version, just like having a WC/Euros update on whatever year comes previous to those events.

Actually now to think of it, WC 14 could be a great game as they'll have improved on the Ignite engine by then.

There's footage of the newer versions from Gamescon and posted in this thread, it looks far different than 13 which is the most important thing.

Naturally Fifa 2014 on PS4 will have some improvements graphic wise, but I don't expect it to blow people's minds away.

I will wait a while for PS4. Still get some use out of PS3

Naturally Fifa 2014 on PS4 will have some improvements graphic wise, but I don't expect it to blow people's minds away.

I will wait a while for PS4. Still get some use out of PS3

Have you not watched any footage?.

To me it has an edge in graphics AND it looks like a completely different game(not sure would that cover blowing your mind, but a new engine and new feel for the first time since FIFA 08/09 should cover that)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Any early access this year with the season passmine has 7 days left so hopefully be out before then

gotthebug wrote: »
    Any early access this year with the season passmine has 7 days left so hopefully be out before then

Nope. fifa 14 is released on the 23rd for early access

Going back to playing Fifa 13 after playing the demo, it just feels like it plays much smoother and feels like the better game to be honest.

I know I'm used to it after having it for a year but the new game just seems so clunky and slow.

Think I might wait now for next gen and see is it any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Going back to playing Fifa 13 after playing the demo, it just feels like it plays much smoother and feels like the better game to be honest.

I know I'm used to it after having it for a year but the new game just seems so clunky and slow.

Think I might wait now for next gen and see is it any better.

I'm the same, not gonna buy FIFA 14 or PES 2014, I don't enjoy playing either.

I'll stick with FIFA 13, as you say, it feels like the better game. I still have an elusive Premier League title to acquire in my two player career anyway!

I really want to try FIFA 14 on next-gen, but it's about the only game I want on it because I intend to get Watch Dogs on PC, so I don't think I can justify buying a new console for just one game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

Having played PES 2014 extensively for the first couple of days I had it, I went back and tried the FIFA 14 demo again and kept at it for awhile, which paid off. I'm now much more comfortable with the slightly re-adjusted controls and feel on the gameplay. I'm still struggling with PES, but's just down to 6 solid years on not playing any PES since maybe 2006, or 07'.

Have you not watched any footage?.

To me it has an edge in graphics AND it looks like a completely different game(not sure would that cover blowing your mind, but a new engine and new feel for the first time since FIFA 08/09 should cover that)

"Feel", oh lord.

The same rubbish is spouted out about Fifa every year. This current Fifa feels slightly better than 2012. That is simply not enough. Don't get me wrong, Fifa 2014 will be a fine game, but, there is NOT enough there to stoke interest in light of other editions (for me) I ain't trying to force or convince you of what to think We get it, you are going to get the game and/or PS4, good for you

Seriously "a completely different game", cough cough

Secondly, as history shows, the first Fifa that comes out for a new computer console is not exactly "all that". It happened with PS2 and PS3 (don't get me wrong, as stand alone games, they were fine, but you would be pretty annoyed when comparing them to more recent editions) Sure, it will be a bit better than Fifa on PS3, sure there will be a new engine (which should excite) , but EA ain't gonna blow their load immediately. There will also, naturally, be teething problems Fifa 2015 will and should be mega, provided they leave the laziness at the door (which they will)

Thirdly, there are not enough games, that appeal to me, that will be released by December for the PS4, hence why I can't be bothered to fork out the dosh , at this time. No way am I getting Fifa on PS3. (of course if I get it for a present, well...)

Fourthly, Yes Fifa will always have better graphics than it's competitors. It would want to since it monopolizes the place. Graphics mean jack **** if the game play is not superior! PES / ISS, in the past for example looked cheap and tacky, yet for a short period, is completely ruled the football market . Again, the issue is not that Fifa 14 will be a bad game. On it's own, it is a fine game. I have clearly pointed out however that this edition is a Lazy game . Efforts are clearly focused on getting the Next Generation Edition up and running and really cranking it up for next year.There are many many games with great graphics, but they don't mean that they are actually any good or likely to be played in 6 months time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Fourthly, Yes Fifa will always have better graphics than it's competitors. It would want to since it monopolizes the place. Graphics mean jack **** if the game play is not superior!

Play PES 2014 and your opinion will change completely. Miles ahead of Fifa 13/14 on current gen in terms of graphics and animations. Its not getting 9/10s and the like from big name game reviewers for nothing. I urge everyone here who reads this, who think fifa 14 doesnt warrant a purchase as very little has changed, to give PES 14 a try.

As the old phrase goes... "The king is back" and oh what a comeback it is.

NB. Im not a fanboy for either pes or fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Tinie wrote: »
    Play PES 2014 and your opinion will change completely. Miles ahead of Fifa 13/14 on current gen in terms of graphics and animations. Its not getting 9/10s and the like from big name game reviewers for nothing. I urge everyone here who reads this, who think fifa 14 doesnt warrant a purchase as very little has changed, to give PES 14 a try.

i would but pes is not coming out for the xbox one this year is it :/

Tinie wrote: »

Let us get something straight for other posters. I ain't a blind fan boy of either game. In fact, I would have been more a FIFA man during 1998-2003ish (serious gamer then) simply because of the bells and whistles of licence, graphics and simplistically. I saw PES playa's like my brother as kinda nerds. (In truth, very hard to play) I loved the old ISS Pro because of the funny commentary , rubbish players names (graphics were mega compared to FIFA then) but I thought that was a novelty than wore thin as time past. My taste in games turned back to PES later and I appreciated it. Loved how both games were so different.

Frankly, I am a neutral on which is better. Some posters (I am not actually referring to the chap that I spoke too earlier) are simply fan boys , who blindly support one or the other, but never both. I like all of you want a great game. If it means both are great, I would definitely get both (as I usually did in the past but I am fed up of lazy rehashes - this year I would forgive FIFA in light of the up and coming new consoles - 2015 I expect more)

Anyhoo, ya, just got PES. Really liked the demo. Was thinking I would try that this year (last one PES 12 - as I said earlier, I loved FIFA 12, but, PES 12 made it more enjoyable playing BAL than Be a Pro, don't know why) Some of the criticisms about the game are ridiculous and written by people who evidently last kicked a ball when playing U 14 football or never played.(eg presentation fair enough;licencing in light of the past and reality of being able is get round that is, bollox )

Sod the graphics if a football gameplay is not realistic or at least fun. Delighted to hear that PES is getting good ratings because, frankly, they have no excuses this time round (excuses regarding gameplay - all the other negatives I would forgive them with since this is a new system) I said a few weeks ago on other posts that if Konami could not crack it this time, those lads should get rid of the current team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Does anyone know which " historic kits" are in the EASFC? Would love to know what are the items in the catalogue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I got the early access for Fifa 14 and I have to say I'm extremely frustrated with it. I played a lot of games online last night and the amount of balls over the top is absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention how the through balls slice through defences far too easily. The defenders just stand still and don't track the opposition player making the run, leaving him have a simple run through to receive the ball. It's extremely annoying and a major step back in my opinion. These were things that they moved on from a couple of years ago after all the complaints about it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Moiph wrote: »
    I got the early access for Fifa 14 and I have to say I'm extremely frustrated with it. I played a lot of games online last night and the amount of balls over the top is absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention how the through balls slice through defenses far too easily. The defenders just stand still and don't track the opposition player making the run, leaving him have a simple run through to receive the ball. It's extremely annoying and a major step back in my opinion. These were things that they moved on from a couple of years ago after all the complaints about it at the time.

So I wasnt the only one that spotted this. I played a couple games of ut against the computer. It was the amateur cup. And the thing I found most infuriating was when you go to tackle the player he turns at the last second. So I changed my tactic so I could get him when he turns. And what does do. A double turn. Im seriously debating cancelling my pre order.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

Also have early access to this and I am not impressed with it at all.

Ive bought each FIFA since 06 and this is the first one im seriously considering giving a miss. It just doesn't seem fun, players first touches are poor, cant dribble, centre backs make tackles then precede to fall over letting the striker in. Shooting seems quite poor too, like they cant get the ball from under their feet and the ball just dribbles at goal.

Ill give it a few more games and see but its horrible atm

• Advertisement

Whats even more contrasting is most reviewers are giving this a good rating.

Advertisement