Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Probably won't see the true potential until PS4, as the IGNITE engine is for next gen gaming...

I'm not overly impressed either, I'll be waiting for PS4 before buying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

anyone else have the problem of constant offsides?maybe its just me but the players seem so stupid and just stand there even if the defense moves up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

It definitely takes a fair amount of adjustment - you have to stand off players a lot more (and the AI is nuts for lobbed through balls....so online is going to be similar / worse!)

On another note, got to play locally recently...against Ireland and Everton's Darron Gibson...Here's what happened :) :

🤪

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Ive played some early access in a friends gaff there not long ago, and damn the lobbed through ball is going to be a killer online, its so easy to do again after they sort of nerfed it gradually over the past few years. Not looking forward to that in UT. Its going to be constant lobbed through balls to fast, strong forwards.

IGN are a joke though. They gave PES a 8.5 for being "a revolutionary advancement in its series", yet they give fifa 9 for "being the same game as last year". Surely being a re skin this year should take a fair few points away from the final score.

Still undecided with whether to pick up this or PES.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I will say clubs plays very well.

miralize wrote: »
    I will say clubs plays very well.

In what way?

If youre playing with a large enough amount of people it opens up the field a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

im sorry but this is the biggest load of crap ever. ive tried to get used to this game but i cant. i find it impossible to play a quick passing game. trying to turn after a run is a joke. played 4 online games there drew two won one and lost one. first two i was winning to the 90th min and they score a header in last min. and the game i lost he scored the winner in last min. they just haven't bothered this year at all with the ps3. think il go to gamestop tomorrow and cancel the pre order.

having just said all that ive actually just figured out how to play the game. i talk it all back i love fifa and ea :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

So, you conceded last minute goals in consecutive games and are angry.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    So, you conceded last minute goals in consecutive games and are angry.

.......yes :P ah it wasn't just that i couldn't attack the way im used to. tried sumit different there and it seems to be working bit better just gotta learn how to control better. no way will i win division 1 title tho. won it on 13 but this is different. small bit harder imo. is there any hope when the game actuall comes out this week that it would play different :pac:

Nah this is the version released to manufsactoring bar one or two changes (no achievements etc..)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

All I've done is play it online and people using the over powered lobbed through ball and defenders not tracking runs(to the point of just standing in the one spot while the ball sails over them) are still my main gripes. I like to think I've always been pretty good at defending in Fifa over the years so this is really getting on my nerves that I can't quite get to grips with it.

can anyone else hear like a beep noise every couple mins when playing a match or am i hearing things

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Going by Rob Hodson, the community manager for FIFA there's a patch to fix Heading accuracy and finesse shots.

@robhodson
    "Re: Heading accuracy, finesse etc - patch isn't live for that yet. Will let you know when it is"

They've gone for realism in this game, but its neither more realistic or more fun... the handling is so bad and its too late for EA to revert it imo. This game willl be like Marmite this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Where might i be able to buy a USA Origin pass for this, I'm going to try amazon.com but that might not work because of my CC address.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

Wow

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/24/fifa-14-legacy-edition-lacks-updates-to-gameplay-or-game-modes

The bold face cheek of EA to do this is incredible. Full price for an updated roster? Zero updates for FIFA 14 for 3DS, Vita, Wii, and PS2 users. Not supporting the Vita, with it's hardware ability, is criminal.

Wow

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/09/24/fifa-14-legacy-edition-lacks-updates-to-gameplay-or-game-modes

The bold face cheek of EA to do this is incredible. Full price for an updated roster? Zero updates for FIFA 14 for 3DS, Vita, Wii, and PS2 users. Not supporting the Vita, with it's hardware ability, is criminal.

Its EA nothing they do surprieses me anymore. Just another reason why they were voted worst consumer company for second year running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

my mate in NY bought it and said it's fairly ****e! he's contemplating getting his money back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Going by Rob Hodson, the community manager for FIFA there's a patch to fix Heading accuracy and finesse shots.

@robhodson
    "Re: Heading accuracy, finesse etc - patch isn't live for that yet. Will let you know when it is"

A fix of the over powered lob through ball wouldn't go astray either, that or make the defending AI do it's bloody job! Not letting this one go :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Just wondering if the EASFC points transfers from Fifa 13 to Fifa 14?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its Friday its out, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Its Friday its out, yeah?

Yeah Friday. Xtravision are doing a midnight release in most shops and early opening on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Apologies if this question has been done to death. Is fifa worth getting?

I have had the fifas since 9 and thought the last one was the best by far, is 14 pretty much the same or have they drastically changed it this time around?

Not sure to spend money on this or not

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

max life wrote: »
    Just wondering if the EASFC points transfers from Fifa 13 to Fifa 14?
    Yeah they do.

My thoughts on the game is that the lobbed ball is way too overpowered especially if you pass it to a pacy and strong striker. However the control system will take time to get used to, it does feel the defenders are running in glue when trying to chase back. I remember when 13 came out it took me a while to get used to the first touch control and it'll be the same this time round. I guarantee it'll feel more rewarding when everyone gets to grips with it. But for now we have to get used to the d*ckheads online spoiling it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Decided against buying FIFA 14 for current gen.

If online is just going to be through ball over the top all the time, I'm happy to give it a miss. Seeing as I always look forward to the new FIFA launch (since I moved to FIFA in 08 from PES), that's really saying something that I'm holding off.

I guess a combination of waiting for next gen and GTA 5 helps to make the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Got charged for the season pass cause I selected auto renewal appartnley last year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Can anyone confirm if the full game plays like the demo? If it does I'll be giving it a miss this year too.

Every year the punch-line for the game is either "we're slowing it down to encourage more considered attacks" and then the following year is "we're speeding it up to encourage more fluid, attacking football".

In that case I may look at it every second year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

FIFA 14 free on App Store at the moment

Advertisement