Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Went to the midnight release in gamestop in Limerick and got a goodie bag :P

what did you get?
    I had it booked there (standard) but saw hmv was open and they had ultimate in stock :) they gave me the steelbox as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I think it plays better than the demo did. Played a seasons game online with no problems.
    It seems very dull colour wise though. Any one else think that? Maybe I need to adjust my tv settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I picked up the Ultimate Edition in Xtravision......no 2200 bonus points though. Anyone get these bonus points?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

My girlfriend bought me this today. Came with the Messi steelbook cover. Is this just a normal version or how can you tell? Haven't been home yet to see if there is anything else with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

markc1184 wrote: »
    My girlfriend bought me this today. Came with the Messi steelbook cover. Is this just a normal version or how can you tell? Haven't been home yet to see if there is anything else with it.

This is the Ultimate Edition. Anybody have trouble logging into the Web App?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Anybody having the game freeze during matches (360) ? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

So is the game good or what? I've seen feck all comments describing whether it's an improvement on last year or not. I really wanna know as I've been just handed an unexpected 50 quid and i'm highly tempted to buy. I don't trust the professional reviews like IGN though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

R019912 wrote: »
    So is the game good or what? I've seen feck all comments describing whether it's an improvement on last year or not. I really wanna know as I've been just handed an unexpected 50 quid and i'm highly tempted to buy. I don't trust the professional reviews like IGN though

Might as well, gameplay wise very different from last year, haven't decided yet whether it's a good or bad thing :pac:

One thing for sure, finesse shots are OP

R019912 wrote: »

its hard to say...pace is again a big killer on it..also the ball is less inclined to stick to players feet.
    I hammered one guy last night and got hammered a few time...lucky bounces all going their way etc..scripting is still live and well in fifa14 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Does anyone know if it's available in either Gamestop Waterford or Gamestop Kilkenny? I'm in work, with no credit, and I want to know if they have any in stock before I finish.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Gamestop & hmv both selling for 60, Tesco for 55 so picked it up from the ilac centre store

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

jclack wrote: »
    Gamestop & hmv both selling for 60, Tesco for 55 so picked it up from the ilac centre store

€60??? Ah come on now. Even Xtravision are doing it for 60 as-well. That's a psycho price I thought it would've been 50 or 55

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

gamercfc wrote: »
    €60??? Ah come on now. Even Xtravision are doing it for 60 as-well. That's a psycho price I thought it would've been 50 or 55

Was surprised at 60 price alright, usually one of them does it cheaper then the rest think Argos did 13 for 45 but not this year.
    How much did people pay for ultimate edition in store?

Was surprised at 60 price alright, usually one of them does it cheaper then the rest think Argos did 13 for 45 but not this year.
    How much did people pay for ultimate edition in store?

69.00 in hmv

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Hi guys, I want to buy this for my boyfriend this evening for the PS3. Would I be able to get it east enough in Smyths in Swords? Thanks!

I'm getting used to how to play the game a bit more and its getting more enjoyable.

Instead of the "make a run button" though there should be a "come to the ball button".

The forwards make way too many forward runs (getting caught offside in the process) and never seem to come to the ball.

Playing the CPU is more enjoyable than last year because they actually take heavy touches etc so you can nip in and take the ball a lot more compared to last year when the ball would stick to their feet.

They overuse the lobbed through ball though and defenders can be slow to react.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'm getting used to how to play the game a bit more and its getting more enjoyable.

Instead of the "make a run button" though there should be a "come to the ball button".

The forwards make way too many forward runs (getting caught offside in the process) and never seem to come to the ball.

Playing the CPU is more enjoyable than last year because they actually take heavy touches etc so you can nip in and take the ball a lot more compared to last year when the ball would stick to their feet.

They overuse the lobbed through ball though and defenders can be slow to react.

Been thinking that for ages, sometime you want to play it into peoples feet so you can bring others into play.

Can be so annoying when everyone is just running away from you all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

siobhanoh wrote: »
    Hi guys, I want to buy this for my boyfriend this evening for the PS3. Would I be able to get it east enough in Smyths in Swords? Thanks!

You should be able to no problem, and you are a fecking excellent girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just played 2 games online so far. Both games quit after a few mins & score was 0-0. It registered two losses for me.WTF anyone have online issues :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

Ended up buying the game seeing as I was given 50 quid unexpectedly, why not :) Played 3 seasons games so far, drew 2 and won the other. It's enjoyable enough, my defending as usual has been poor but I've been dominating each game i've played. I like how you seem to need more football intelligence to be good at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Playing my first game Chelsea - Man United, commentator has said Fellaini has scored 3 goals for United already, then he said he scored in this match(0-0), and then he blotted his copybook by getting sent off in this match too. Fellaini has done none of these things.:o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Getting annoyed with how far out all the cameras seem this year. Don't know if it's the pitches are bigger or just they zoomed them out, but after years of playing with the Dynamic camera, it seems as if they've changed it completely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Johner wrote: »
    Playing my first game Chelsea - Man United, commentator has said Fellaini has scored 3 goals for United already, then he said he scored in this match(0-0), and then he blotted his copybook by getting sent off in this match too. Fellaini has done none of these things.:o

The same thing happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Been thinking that for ages, sometime you want to play it into peoples feet so you can bring others into play.

Can be so annoying when everyone is just running away from you all the time.

It should be expected in future versions. This year's Pro Evo has that - a small tap on through ball gives it short and the receiver should come short if they're expecting it, i.e. if they don't have momentum like when running on the break.

Then again, FIFA hasn't copied Pro's other feature where you can control of the ball runs in three years, so it might take awhile.

Do people feel it's worth it over last year's edition? I've almost convinced myself it won't be with the upgrade until the November next gen version is out, even though the more broken up midfield play in the demo appealed to me not enough reason on its own to pay €60 for a slight upgrade.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just downloaded the PC demo there to see what its like and i must say im impressed,better than PES 2014 imho.
    Graphics are simply mind blowing on PC,great gameplay but not sure if ill buy it, far far too may games to even consider another, but it is bloody good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Dcully wrote: »
    Just downloaded the PC demo there to see what its like and i must say im impressed,better than PES 2014 imho.
    Graphics are simply mind blowing on PC,great gameplay but not sure if ill buy it, far far too may games to even consider another, but it is bloody good.

Bit disappointed that 14 isnt going to use the Ignite engine on PC...

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭boreder

gamercfc wrote: »

Argos are selling it for €51.99

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

miralize wrote: »
    Bit disappointed that 14 isnt going to use the Ignite engine on PC...

Tell me, more, if i was to buy would i be better off with xbox version?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Last year it was Anzhi that Hamburg were often drawn against. Now it's Monaco.

Seriously EA. How the f**k is that match even fair?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Dcully wrote: »
    Tell me, more, if i was to buy would i be better off with xbox version?
    Next Gen, yeah, current Gen id imagine PC is fairly close.

Advertisement