Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

I bought fifa on the psn store can i download it onto my brothers ps3 and play on separate accounts does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

TT09 wrote: »
    I bought fifa on the psn store can i download it onto my brothers ps3 and play on separate accounts does anyone know?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Phillipe Senderos is some man for one man. According to the commentators, he got sent off, scored a hat trick and then decided to hand in a transfer request all on his debut:eek:

anyone played career pro yet. they finally added in a function where you be subbed in the match instead of always playing the 90 mins:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

My commentators just keep talking about players considering retiring. Have heard it 2 or 3 times in pretty much every game so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Got the game, and have to say I'm much more impressed with the full version than the demo.

My main playing of FIFA has always been career mode, so that's what I went straight for. Not mad on the way you can't see players ratings when purchasing them. Instead of seeing the overall rating you need to scout them first.

Yes its probably more accurate and makes it more challenging, but just not a fan of it. So far at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

^^^ agreed with above hate the new Transfer system thats probaly one of the best parts of the game and they've succeeded in making it less fun :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Not sure if this goes with the rules <snip>

Mod Note: It does - use adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Got this yesterday. First time I've bought a FIFA game since 2010. Absolutely brilliant. I'm not a gamer but anyone with a tactical football brain can put up a good show against the hardcore players.

Ive enjoyed driving my nephews insane online with my slow tactical build up. ;)

Very enjoyable. The feeling when you score is similar to real life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Jesus lads I don't know is it just me or what but finding this version of FIFA very tough. 8 games into a Professional season with Man U and have W3 D2 L3 with only 5 goals scored.

Been playing FIFA for years, I'm no pro-player buy I'm not chronic either. I'm finding the first touch to be overcooked, exaggerating errors, for example I tapped a five yard ball to RVP versus Southampton for him to just tap in a five yard effort and he went into a stumble animation and completely screwed it up, no pressure on him.

You can keep ball in midfield no problem, but I find the players lack any slight of foot to be able to get round somebody in the final third. That and all your players seem to run away from you looking for a through-ball that are not on. In Fifa 13 I used the right stick to skip past opponents but this seems to be gone now.

Anybody else had experience like this? I'll keep at it and see if I can figure the best ways to approach the game, but finding it frustrating and difficult to be creative at the minute.

Early days yet I hope!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

bohsboy wrote: »
    Got this yesterday. First time I've bought a FIFA game since 2010. Absolutely brilliant. I'm not a gamer but anyone with a tactical football brain can put up a good show against the hardcore players.

This is not true for the players in division one who stay in it easily. They will murder you with constant pressure, lots of skill moves and lobbed through balls, all of which are not very "tactical".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Tinie wrote: »
    This is not true for the players in division one who stay in it easily. They will murder you with constant pressure, lots of skill moves and lobbed through balls, all of which are not very "tactical".

Not sure if id agree, Ive had a few random games and done very well imo against guys who I presume by their keepy uppys and stepovers have played quite a bit. Its almost real soccer. Knock it round at the back and run the crap out of them. Im enjoying it anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They will murder you with constant pressure, lots of skill moves and lobbed through balls, all of which are not very "tactical".

I never find I have problems with that type of player tbh. Constant pressure tends to mean if you get a pass away, there's at least one unmarked player somewhere. Skill moves are easy to stop if you hang back for a second and then dispossess them. And lobbed through balls aren't a hassle if you don't push your entire team up to the midfield line.

If anything, I like this year how it feels as if you will be punished if you go to hard on pressure and high lines. Nearly all my goals so far have been on the break against those sorts of players while I sit back and wait for a chance, while the only goals I'm really conceding are set pieces.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

bohsboy wrote: »
    Not sure if id agree, Ive had a few random games and done very well imo against guys who I presume by their keepy uppys and stepovers have played quite a bit. Its almost real soccer. Knock it round at the back and run the crap out of them. Im enjoying it anyway.
    Keepy uppys basically means your to come attack me and I dont mind a draw basically. its sort of fifa code :P
    People will do this also if they get ahead and dont mind a 1-0 win and will waste time.

Stepovers and keepy uppys simple to do also. LB and RB i think it is, and LB and Right stick for stepovers or something like that.
    I never find I have problems with that type of player tbh. Constant pressure tends to mean if you get a pass away, there's at least one unmarked player somewhere. Skill moves are easy to stop if you hang back for a second and then dispossess them. And lobbed through balls aren't a hassle if you don't push your entire team up to the midfield line.
    Im talking about the very top guys in division one who if your good enough, you will come up against them. And they all play that way.

5 defenders, 2 CDMs, pacey forwards, ultra defensive and counter attack tactic. Constant pressure when in their half, and when they get the ball, lobbed through ball up to pacey forwards, and then skill move past your defenders, which can sometimes be impossible to defend against as your defenders will get sucked into the animation.

Its grand doing this against division two players, as its easy to stop, but you will rage when/if you come up against the top players in division one.
    Way around this, is to not pick the "top teams" as they usually pick Real/Bayern/Barca.

It also depends if your playing Ultimate Team or seasons. Seasons doesn't have as many of these players, UT is flooded with them in D1. it suits the play style also with the lower stamina depletion and faster gameplay.

Its the way to win in fifa. Always has been, always will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Any of the manual control lads struggling to get used to it? Have played only against the CPU so far but it is a battle even to just get a goal :o Enjoying the game though, momentum ****e seems to be eased down somewhat especially with the new touch feature. The manual passing seems to be bit more, well manual than last year too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Keepy uppys basically means your to come attack me and I dont mind a draw basically. its sort of fifa code :P
    People will do this also if they get ahead and dont mind a 1-0 win and will waste time.

Stepovers and keepy uppys simple to do also. LB and RB i think it is, and LB and Right stick for stepovers or something like that.

Im talking about the very top guys in division one who if your good enough, you will come up against them. And they all play that way.

5 defenders, 2 CDMs, pacey forwards, ultra defensive and counter attack tactic. Constant pressure when in their half, and when they get the ball, lobbed through ball up to pacey forwards, and then skill move past your defenders, which can sometimes be impossible to defend against as your defenders will get sucked into the animation.

Its grand doing this against division two players, as its easy to stop, but you will rage when/if you come up against the top players in division one.
    Way around this, is to not pick the "top teams" as they usually pick Real/Bayern/Barca.

It also depends if your playing Ultimate Team or seasons. Seasons doesn't have as many of these players, UT is flooded with them in D1. it suits the play style also with the lower stamina depletion and faster gameplay.

Its the way to win in fifa. Always has been, always will.

A tad over dramatic, division one players are in division one because we're good at the game, the majority of people I've come across on fifa 13 in division one play quick passing football using triangles and such as that is the best way to get past people, its not at all how you describe.

A tad over dramatic, division one players are in division one because we're good at the game, the majority of people I've come across on fifa 13 in division one play quick passing football using triangles and such as that is the best way to get past people, its not at all how you describe.

yep to this. i play a passing game and won division 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Have they got rid of the 5 minute rule? I have two losses from my first two games from insta-quitting against Real Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Have they got rid of the 5 minute rule? I have two losses from my first two games from insta-quitting against Real Madrid.

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Why are you quitting against real Madrid?

• Advertisement

Why are you quitting against real Madrid?

Because I don't want to come up against Ronaldo and Bale.

Because I don't want to come up against Ronaldo and Bale.

Then dont use 5 star teams

Then dont use 5 star teams

Eh, no. Madrid are the best team in the game. There's matchmaking settings that aren't working. Belgium vs Real Madrid isn't a fair match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Haven't bought the game but is the 80th minute rubber banding still in it?

Eh, no. Madrid are the best team in the game. There's matchmaking settings that aren't working. Belgium vs Real Madrid isn't a fair match up.

fair enough. i assumed you were using a 5 star aswel. my mistake :P

ShaneU wrote: »
    Haven't bought the game but is the 80th minute rubber banding still in it?

if you mean the 90th minute then yeah :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

brianon wrote: »
    Anybody having the game freeze during matches (360) ? :(

My young fella is nearly in tears from it freezing constantly on his PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Any tips for corner taking? Can never get the hang of putting decent balls in, or at least attacking what goes into the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

between 2 and 3 bars aimed in line of the penalty spot, no curving the ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

The game has been out since Monday and they still haven't fixed the ****ing through balls. Its a disgrace, the game is almost unplayable online with it.

Advertisement