Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Eh, no. Madrid are the best team in the game. There's matchmaking settings that aren't working. Belgium vs Real Madrid isn't a fair match up.

Ah fair enough my apologies, that kinda shít is very irritating alright, why would they remove quitting in the first five minutes, they would really want to have upped the matchmaking settings connection wise, because I don't wanna be forced to play a laggy game, not able to quit at the start, pure nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Hated this for the first 10 gamees, Was ready to head back to Fifa 13

Getting the hang of it now,
    Find myself having to think alot more about balls i play and keep more possesion then i used to in fifa 13
    Deffo Takes alot more getting used to then any fifa Iv played before.
    Can score some Glorious goals with the new shooting

Loving it For now :D

Few Good packs in Ultimate team helped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

anyone else hate this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

TheBza wrote: »

Too early to say, but not a massive fan at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Too early to say, but not a massive fan at the moment

What's not to like? Just takes a little getting used to is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

SeaDaily wrote: »
    What's not to like? Just takes a little getting used to is all.

It lessens the control of how you play it. More realistic is arguable, but it is less fun than any other fifa i've played. Perhaps my opinion will change but after a week I'm not sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

miralize wrote: »
    It lessens the control of how you play it. More realistic is arguable, but it is less fun than any other fifa i've played. Perhaps my opinion will change but after a week I'm not sold.

Fair enough I see where you're coming from. I feel the extra realism is a definite positive though. I'd say you'll warm to it over the next few days.

Some of its more realistic, but at the expense of some of the mechanics that made it great in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

TheBza wrote: »

Hating it so far, player's touches are awful, feels so clunky. I've played 9 and only lost one but by **** I haven't enjoyed a game yet :(

Edit: offsides are still crap and the never ending rolling balls are still there, friction bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

myself and one of the lads had a fifa night. after 6 games we went back to fifa 13.

• Advertisement

Liamalone wrote: »
    Hating it so far, player's touches are awful, feels so clunky. I've played 9 and only lost one but by **** I haven't enjoyed a game yet :(

Edit: offsides are still crap and the never ending rolling balls are still there, friction bitch!

Clunky sums it up perfectly

To be honest I would have guessed that Fifa 14 will be far better on the PS4/X1 and that they didn't really give a shíte about the ps3/360 versions.

To be honest I would have guessed that Fifa 14 will be far better on the PS4/X1 and that they didn't really give a shíte about the ps3/360 versions.

agree with this. don't think they bothered at all with the ps3/360 version

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Getting the hang of it now..was playing 4-1-2-1-2 but switched to v2 of that and my god it makes a huge difference especially if you've a Serie A team as the wingers really got nerfed this year.
    Ps. Vučinić is a beast:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Im find after 25 games im beginning to really hate it. between over the top passes and corners and crosses its so annoying. Its doesn't feel as smooth as last years game at all.

Question for the Ultimate Team lads, does that feel as "Arcadey" as usual, or does that feel a bit more realistic aswell?

The added realism and actually having to think about your play is a change I'll like, but I just don't think the 360/ps3 is capable of that kind of gameplay due to the limitations of both consoles.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Cross/Corners and headers are crazily overpowered this year. More so than lobbed through balls. Its all people seem to do now on seasons, bomb down the wing and whip balls in EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

Tinie wrote: »
    Cross/Corners and headers are crazily overpowered this year. More so than lobbed through balls. Its all people seem to do now on seasons, bomb down the wing and whip balls in EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

I played a guy who had mandzukic & Huntalar up front in UT they both have like 85 heading. between them they scored 3 corners...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Fair play to the lads who can get a decent run in this game or enjoy it, ive been very close to smashing up my copy. I have to say though the menu's are class and about the only thing i like in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

It can be annoying but I'm enjoying it tbh.

• Advertisement

6 goals scored in 11 league games, doing something wrong I think. First touch too exaggerated, it can take too long for a player to bring in a simple ball with no pace on it. CPU pressure still possibly too high.

Anyone got a tip for dribbling round players? I have to turn out of a lot of one-on-ones with defenders as ill be dispossessed.

One funny thing bout game so far, playing with Man U and RVP hasn't scored yet, nor even looked like scoring. Up front very tight, can't do much with him before he's dispossessed.

Trying to learn how 14 works, veerry slow progress being made if any. Nearly all 1-0, 0-0 or 0-1s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

The game is too fast. Again. Even when I dial down the speed it's still exaggerated. Disappointing from a football simulation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yeah the pressure is pretty ridiculous, its very hard to get a chance on the ball when near the opponents box. Stamina doesn't deplete fast enough for this, so it gets abused quite a bit online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

agree with this. don't think they bothered at all with the ps3/360 version

Not sure how you can say that when it's a completely different game to FIFA 13.

I share the sentiment that it doesn't quite feel right and I'm not fully sure I like FIFA 14, but it is totally different to FIFA 13, so many aspects of the game are different, if EA didn't give a **** it would be the same as 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

Cock

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Not sure how you can say that when it's a completely different game to FIFA 13.

I share the sentiment that it doesn't quite feel right and I'm not fully sure I like FIFA 14, but it is totally different to FIFA 13, so many aspects of the game are different, if EA didn't give a **** it would be the same as 13.

this is what i meant. i agree its a totally different game. i just feel they could of done a better job with it. the switching between players is worse. i've passed to players and they have just stared at the ball as it passes by. the linesman still takes an age to blow up off side and im sure there are more.

The EA servers are acting the balls today aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

this is what i meant. i agree its a totally different game. i just feel they could of done a better job with it. the switching between players is worse. i've passed to players and they have just stared at the ball as it passes by. the linesman still takes an age to blow up off side and im sure there are more.

Oh yeah I see what you mean, the headers from corners and continued ease of lofted through balls are ridiculous oversights and have actually ruined the game. I don't know what they did to heading from corners, it was fine in recent years but now everytime I give a corner away I think I've conceded.

If they sorted those two issues and cleaned up the first touch (it's incredibly difficult to get the ball of your feet) then it would be a very good game.

I've been having a bit of success with the game. I'm 6-0-0 in seasons and 10-1-1 in UT (with 3 EA server disconnects as well) and I do have a desire to keep playing, but I'm still not sure about whether I like the game or not. Everytime something good happens, 3 or 4 ridiculous things happen.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Oh yeah I see what you mean, the headers from corners and continued ease of lofted through balls are ridiculous oversights and have actually ruined the game. I don't know what they did to heading from corners, it was fine in recent years but now everytime I give a corner away I think I've conceded.

If they sorted those two issues and cleaned up the first touch (it's incredibly difficult to get the ball of your feet) then it would be a very good game.

I've been having a bit of success with the game. I'm 6-0-0 in seasons and 10-1-1 in UT (with 3 EA server disconnects as well) and I do have a desire to keep playing, but I'm still not sure about whether I like the game or not. Everytime something good happens, 3 or 4 ridiculous things happen.

ah the headers rubbish is taking the piss i think. i think 90 % of my goals are from headers. be it from a cross or a corner. one of my mates was over last to see what the game was like. now in fifa 13. he could not beat me in headers 90 percent of time especially with corners. he very rarely scored a corner on me two. last night he scored from 4 corners in game. you cannot defend against them half the time.

at the moment i haven't touched ut online yet. only offline and with practice i can now beat them on legendary so it is just a case of getting used to it.

the first touch is a joke imo. and they are so slow at turning.

• Advertisement

I had a quick look at this video

Pretty much common sense but it might be helpful for keeping thew ball within your control

Advertisement