Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

miralize wrote: »
    I had a quick look at this video

Pretty much common sense but it might be helpful for keeping thew ball within your control

that video has actually helped me with something. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

My housemate wants me to find out how to update the transfers on FIFA 14. I tried googling it but can't find anything. Any advice?

Fixed it...forgot the internet password was changed and the game couldn't connect to the internet to download it automatically...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭darragh_k

I dont have FIFA 13, would I be better off buying that than Fifa 14?

I have PES 2013 but the online options are limited with that... wouldn't mind giving FIFA a chance, but the reviews for FIFA 14 are so mixed and so many people are saying last years version is better...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

NSFW :P

IegEL8z.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Jeez, got to laugh. Corner in injury time, ref blows for full time as soon as it leaves the taker's boot, ****e. Don't think I've ever seen that in real life. Fifa 13 is calling

• Advertisement

I have a feeling that Fifa 14 was developed by gibbons.

How can so many bugs crossover from Fifa 12 to Fifa 14? I wasnt controlling my player in clubs pretty sure thats been an intermittent problem since 12. The skill stars are also buggy from 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

This ****heap of a game has froze about five times on me tonight, twice in clubs and the rest just footering about in menus etc.

ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

I really don't understand how this game is getting high scores in every review.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭dobman88

Couldnt afford Fifa on thursday. Will not be buying it now. So happy I didn't get it after seeing and hearing the reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I actually bought PES 2014 first as I didn't like the FIFA 14 demo but I wanted to do the trade in 2 games deal in gamestop before it expired today so I got FIFA with the sole intention of playing it to confirm my suspiscions of it being a bad game and then trade it against the PS4 but..........I GOT HOOKED!

Ulitmate team is very good this year I must say and I always played that. Co op seasons has started very well for me and one of the lads. 5 games, 5 wins, 5 different teams. It was great! Shaktar are in it now, very skillful and extremely quick but they're very light.

Really wasn't expecting to like it but I'll keep it anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Zico-PES

Nice graphics, UI, game options, online but clunkey gameplay and every second goal is a header

They made this one play all clunkey so the next gen version will feel so much better and we'll all have to buy it on next gen to get the experience....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The talk I overheard at Eurogamer Expo was that "headers are king" and "the game is pretty lame". Granted, I asked a small group but they weren't happy with it.

That was the XBox One version btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Will the next gen versions really be that much different or an improvement? I don't think it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 BrianStorm

Have FIFA finally set out their stall to make a proper football game rather than just a game about pace & counter attack?

This game seems the most realistic of all to me with the use of skill more important than ever.

I'll be sick if the next gen version of this reverts to the old style of FIFA when you could effectively run by anyone if had a bit of pace.

I once scored a brace with Obertan against Bayern Munich in FIFA 13.

Lets let common sense have its day with FIFA 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

BrianStorm wrote: »
    Have FIFA finally set out their stall to make a proper football game rather than just a game about pace & counter attack?

This game seems the most realistic of all to me with the use of skill more important than ever.

I'll be sick if the next gen version of this reverts to the old style of FIFA when you could effectively run by anyone if had a bit of pace.

I once scored a brace with Obertan against Bayern Munich in FIFA 13.

Lets let common sense have its day with FIFA 14.

Most realistic? does that include heading being all powerful especially from corners?

Try scoring 2 headers with a 5 8" player with 60 heading against 2 centre halfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

I see these are popping up on facebook now

273860.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Is it true that if you trade in Fifa 14 (PS3/360) version to buy the next gen Fifa you get it for €15?

I'm getting used to it so enjoying it a bit more but for me Fifa 13 is the superior game (gameplay wise).

Did they even have a few game testers to make sure there was no bugs?

Cant believe this was suppose to be one of the improvements to the game this year...
    • Teammate Intelligence— Better decision-making delivers tighter, smarter marking and improved run tracking. Defenders recognize opportunities to provide support and win back possession. Attacking players have new ways to outsmart their opponents and break down tighter, more intelligent defences by creating space for themselves, running along the backline and checking their pace.

So just running offside every attack and not coming to the ball means the players are more intelligent this year :rolleyes:

A good way to win is to pick real madrid and spam the lobbed through ball, not annoying at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

Is it true that if you trade in Fifa 14 (PS3/360) version to buy the next gen Fifa you get it for €15?

Yep, that's true, with Xtra Vision and gamestop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

TheBza wrote: »
    Will the next gen versions really be that much different or an improvement? I don't think it will.

Looks to be a very different game on a different engine based on the gameplay videos available at the moment.
    TheBza wrote: »
    A good way to win is to pick real madrid and spam the lobbed through ball, not annoying at all.

I was 3-1 down at half time to a guy who did this, I was Bayern, so to counter it I switched from 4-2-3-1 to 5-2-1-2 and I won 7-3.

Nice one for the tip man, this game is killing me, ive gone back to gta.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

markc1184 wrote: »
    Any tips for corner taking? Can never get the hang of putting decent balls in, or at least attacking what goes into the box.
    miralize wrote: »
    between 2 and 3 bars aimed in line of the penalty spot, no curving the ball

This has worked a treat! Thanks miralize.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The key to stopping the lobbed through balls is fast CBs, which isn't an option in seasons, it's rare that a team has two pacey CBs. I've conceded from lobbed balls a lot in seasons when I use Hamburg. But in UT, my CBs have 82 & 93 pace and I can't remember conceding from lobbed through balls.

The corners are ridiculous. My CBs have 8 goals for me from headers and my striker has scored a few as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Lobbed through balls are defendable once you figure out when hes going to do them, but corners and quick crosses are a killer as headers are incredibly easy this year and overpowered. Your defender gets beat half of the time it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

If someone is literally pumping lofted through balls at every opportunity, switch to a 5 back formation. The sit deep and there are too many bodies back there so there is no space for the lofted through ball. You will have 3 attackers working on the counter so they need to be fairly quick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Another big issue I have this year is the AI pressure. Its very easy if you turn on team pressing and hold down RB and move your defender with LT to cut off channels. Your opponent hasn't a hope of getting through as your AI defender will ALWAYS win the tackle when he gets to him. Ive been on the end of it a few times also. Possession play doesn't seem to do anything against this tactic as they are very good at intercepting balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Getting a ridiculous amount of lag in Pro Clubs :mad:

Yet I'm fine in Ultimate team... Really starting to piss me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

You on EIRCOM?? My game is freezing a bit and ****.. and i have delay in every game mode. solution?

• Advertisement

Lamposts wrote: »
    You on EIRCOM?? My game is freezing a bit and ****.. and i have delay in every game mode. solution?

Throw out your xbox.

Advertisement