Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Lamposts wrote: »
    You on EIRCOM?? My game is freezing a bit and ****.. and i have delay in every game mode. solution?

Yeah I'm with Eircom.
    Ultimate team works perfectly.. Just on Pro Clubs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

pro clubs was acting up for me today was grand last night so I dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Must be something to do with Eircom as my mate is having the same problem.. suggested region is like East America or something when you create a club.. pretty lame like.

keeps matching me up with americans..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 One Life

Heading is a joke! Can't defend them at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

LT ( L2 ) + Y (Triangle) for heading.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Heading is broken. Forwards win far too many headers and always bullet them right in the corner.

Also im really getting sick of this pressure abuse tactic. Possession play does nothing against it. In division 1 and its ridiculous there. Defenders on your back the second you get in their half making perfect tackles every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Never seen such lag invested menus. Needs an update asap. Takes an age to toggle through career mode menu

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Think I've just about given up on this game. Try as I might to enjoy it I just can't, even when I win. It's like all of the fun has been sucked out of it. I really hope they release a patch and sort out the first touch and overall sluggishness of the game. Shame because even though I guess ultimately I enjoyed fifa 13, it just needed some tweaks here or there and it would have been pretty polished. So with that in mind I was looking forward to 14 but it's just been a massive let down so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Agree with post

I think the gameplay has been changed too much from Fifa 13. One thing that gets on my nerves are the touches, like the players we are using are professionals and the touches that they take are like something you would see down the park on a Sunday

The career mode and navigation menus are spot on, they are easy enough to navigate but the gameplay itself is shocking. I seen someone mention about the AI making forward runs all the time and not come to the ball. That is so annoying as well. The play is very unrealistic in terms of touch & movement

Hopefully when it comes out for PS4 they will have touched up on these things. Otherwise ill give PES a try

Anyone else find that everyone seems to be able to make consistently perfect sliding tackles this year, regardless of what player they are controlling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Al_Coholic

regarding the first touches etc...its like i am controlling 11 Emile Heskeys in a game the touch is awful,i beat my brother 3-1 but i didnt get any sense of achievement or fun from it,i told him im not playing again.it would only lead me to breaking the game out of frustration.

Anyone know how much Gamestop would give me for trading this in? Or Xtra Vision?

One Life wrote: »
    Anyone know how much Gamestop would give me for trading this in? Or Xtra Vision?

Think its 40 yo yos

Nolars wrote: »
    Think its 40 yo yos

Just checked with Gamestop. €34.99 credit, or €23 cash.

One Life wrote: »
    Just checked with Gamestop. €34.99 credit, or €23 cash.

deffo try X vision

deffo try X vision

Not any better.

€30 credit. €25 cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

If anyone wants a span new copy of this unopened , my mum just brought it home for me , not knowing I already had it lol have it up on adverts for 50

If anyone wants a span new copy of this unopened , my mum just brought it home for me , not knowing I already had it lol have it up on adverts for 50

Or just get the receipt and bring it back for a full refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I like the game a lot. If they fix the overpowered headers I'll like it a lot more. Big step up from Fifa 13 anyway imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Feels extremely lethargic but I'd get over that if they fixed the headers. Pace used to be overpowered but not to anywhere near the extent that headers are currently. Really needs to be fixed because it kills the game and the ratio of headed goals to other types is in no way reflective of real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Jesus this game is the pits, Fifa 13 was brilliant compared to this muck, Gameplay wise its totally different, its just so slow, the strikers are constantly standing offside, and dont get me started on the players touches, its just amazing how different to last years game it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

About 10 games in and I'm not liking it at all.

It's like the players are standing in treacle!!

In offline mode, with the pace set to 'fast' it's a much better game but I only play online and I'm finding it very, very hard to like.

Very frustrating game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Lost count of the amount of times, Im about to pull the trigger and the defender catches my legs and I still dont get a penalty, but annoying that quick players cant get away from defenders either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Yeah, the whole thing just seems so sluggish and unresponsive. It's like you have to press pass or shoot about a second before you actually want the player to do it.

It also seems to take even the better players an eternity to control a ball.

Very strange.

Yeah all these little niggles add up to a very frustrating game online which seems to reward cheap and abusive play like no other fifa before it. Lobbed through balls, headers and constant pressure = win everytime.

Not fun online in the slightest. Going to flog this on ebay or give to a mate for a few quid. Back to PES with myself.

offsides are a pisstake and then some clown will watch them every time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm a Fifa fanboy, and I want to like the game...but jesus, its so sluggish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

That drives me insane

And the hilarious thing is, these same people will usually be the first to want to skip them then when they go behind. Its basically now a tactic to rile up your opponent. Its just another version of celebrations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Footy101

Have to say I find Fifa 13 a lot better. Far from bowled over with this latest version at all.

Advertisement