Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

There seems to be something wrong with this game. In FIFA 13 I was generally between level 5 and 6, not great but I could play the game. Now, I cant even get out of division 10. Headers are ****ing retarded. My players either stand there as the ball goes by or they have the first touch of a rapist (that is if the pass actually goes to them, most of the time the passes are nowhere near them or to someone else). The change player constantly changes to the wrong players and it seems like my players are always slower than the opponents no matter who I play as.

My God this is horrid.

Have played a few now and there's just no advantage to having high possession as per usual.

Have gone overboard with the touches, you can get heavy ones after the first which is as far as happened last year.
    You need about 6 secs to safely set a pass and you can't move when powering which limits you're movement even more.

I can see what they were trying to do, but this engine can't handle any of the crap they've thrown at it over the years... but they have to add things or else it's not a new game.

3-2-1 after 6 and my record in 13 was about 200-40-45

As for the headers, theres defo no heading advantage into a packed box, since it's too awkward to twist a bit of space now for a shot I'm crossing a lot and haven't scored a header bar one corner.
    Have conceded a few but from breaks when there's space and CB's are being dragged.

I'll play it for a few weeks and return it for credit towards 14 on PS4/ONE, I couldn't play this much though.

FIFA 14... CONTROLLING A FOOTBALL HAS NEVER BEEN THIS DIFFICULT

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax. Fifa 14 is a really good game it just takes a little while to adjust. I actually prefer the slower pace of the game now you have more time on the ball which is a huge positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

SeaDaily wrote: »
    I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax. Fifa 14 is a really good game it just takes a little while to adjust. I actually prefer the slower pace of the game now you have more time on the ball which is a huge positive.

I've adjusted. I'm 8-0-0 in seasons and 15-1-1 in Ultimate Team. There is so much fundamentally wrong with this game it's unbelievable that so many magazines can keep their credibility despite throwing 9's and 10's at it in reviews. I think I read GamesMaster said "Simply, FIFA is football." Did they even play the game before they cashed the cheque from EA or was it big enough to have a week long staff party?

I see what they were going for, but it's been appallingly executed and is a step backwards for the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

SeaDaily wrote: »

ive played about 50 odd games now and its not about the pace of the game. Its the over powered headers and the sluggish feel of the game it is nower near as fluid as Fifa 13.

I have about 55% possession on average so its nothing to do with the pace or keeping the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I've adjusted. I'm 8-0-0 in seasons and 15-1-1 in Ultimate Team. There is so much fundamentally wrong with this game it's unbelievable that so many magazines can keep their credibility despite throwing 9's and 10's at it in reviews. I think I read GamesMaster said "Simply, FIFA is football." Did they even play the game before they cashed the cheque from EA or was it big enough to have a week long staff party?

I see what they were going for, but it's been appallingly executed and is a step backwards for the series.

How have you adjusted? Running down the wings and putting in crosses more?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You know the game's ****ed when one of the top squad's on futhead has Andy Carroll in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

AdamD wrote: »
    You know the game's ****ed when one of the top squad's on futhead has Andy Carroll in it.

Got a link to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Tinie wrote: »
    Got a link to that?

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/695219/

Not many likes now it appears but at the time I was looking it was one of the top squads a few days back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Is this worth buying?

Also what is the ultimate team?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

AdamD wrote: »
    http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/695219/

Not many likes now it appears but at the time I was looking it was one of the top squads a few days back..

Cheers, hes also in this top squad from today: http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/778754/

Its only going to get worse online as more and more people find out about how heading is completely broken also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

My God this is horrid.

Have played a few now and there's just no advantage to having high possession as per usual.

Have gone overboard with the touches, you can get heavy ones after the first which is as far as happened last year.
    You need about 6 secs to safely set a pass and you can't move when powering which limits you're movement even more.

I can see what they were trying to do, but this engine can't handle any of the crap they've thrown at it over the years... but they have to add things or else it's not a new game.

3-2-1 after 6 and my record in 13 was about 200-40-45

As for the headers, theres defo no heading advantage into a packed box, since it's too awkward to twist a bit of space now for a shot I'm crossing a lot and haven't scored a header bar one corner.
    Have conceded a few but from breaks when there's space and CB's are being dragged.

I'll play it for a few weeks and return it for credit towards 14 on PS4/ONE, I couldn't play this much though.

FIFA 14... CONTROLLING A FOOTBALL HAS NEVER BEEN THIS DIFFICULT

If you are struggling to score from headers then you are definitely doing something wrong. Headers are the main goal threat in this. Finesse shots are also over powered.

I find the gameplay in seasons mode really good. Its the ultimate team gameplay that I cannot stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Wouldn't it be great if EA introduced a new option each year on release day of the latest FIFA.

A DLC for the previous years game with updated rosters and kits for say €19:99

Would be a winner all round I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This game, utter shíte. Not even going to waste paragraphs of moaning, it's just shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Why should there be? Nothing worse than playing lads who play as Barca and string about 40 passes across the back 4 before venturing passed the half way line.

The game is very slow which makes it too easy defensively which in turn leads to greater abuse of just crossing and heading as any other route to score is too difficult. I'm about 14-2-0 in seasons and can't say I've had any memorable games. Co-op seasons is fun, would have killed for that in 13; about the only compliment I can give Fifa 14 as much as I try to enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The fact that Steven Fletcher :eek: is my best striker so far in Ultimate Team has just cemented my opinion of this game.

3-4-3 in UT with 3 fast CB's is a bit OP. Plus there is always 2 wingers on each side so its a cross into the box dream formation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

The fact that Steven Fletcher :eek: is my best striker so far in Ultimate Team has just cemented my opinion of this game.
    Finally someone who loves the game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

kiad wrote: »
    How have you adjusted? Running down the wings and putting in crosses more?

No. Crosses are one way to get a cheap goal, but if thats your only plan you will be found out eventually.

I win games because I can defend, have always been able to. Lobbed through balls are not a problem, the only way I concede is from crosses and corners.

On attack, delaying the pass (regular Y through ball) until your striker is going past his defender is the way to get in behind, leads to a lot of offsides and can be difficult to keep the ball, but LT+RT skilled dribbling can buy you time. Also the touch is so bad, it's better to one-touch pass in triangles to get a bit of space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Dissapointed with the reviews, as a recent FIFA convert I was looking forward to this. FIFA 13 is the best football game ever made, just above PES 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Dissapointed with the reviews, as a recent FIFA convert I was looking forward to this. FIFA 13 is the best football game ever made, just above PES 6

shocked-spit-out-drink-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

astonaidan wrote: »
    Finally someone who loves the game

I DO!!!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Jesus I didn't even know this was out! Is it really that bad? I loved 13 but this just sounds sh1te.

Essien wrote: »
    Jesus I didn't even know this was out! Is it really that bad? I loved 13 but this just sounds sh1te.

If crossing and heading wasn't so OP it wouldn't be that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I was using the player career mode, went on loan to Plymouth for a year but then the game seemed to forget I was on loan and I never went back to my parent club :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm playing career mode with Arsenal the game is bipolar i swear in the league im doing alright , but just tonked 3-0 at home to galatasary :/ couldn't get near there defence at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Looks like I made the right decision in not getting the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I think it's brilliant. Im not a hardcore gamer but I really enjoy it so far. First FIFA I've got in a few years and Im enjoying how realistic it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

I absolutely hate this game. Top players far too slow to react to goalscoring opportunities. It takes ages to get a shot off. Defensive pressure is crazy aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Player movement does look slicker on next-gen footage, here's hoping!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=981C39pe0SQ&sns=em

Advertisement