Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

bohsboy wrote: »
    I think it's brilliant. Im not a hardcore gamer but I really enjoy it so far. First FIFA I've got in a few years and Im enjoying how realistic it is.

The fact that you didn't play, the much superior, FIFA 13 means you don't know how much they messed this one up in comparison.

I envy you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Looking for a bit of advice.

I got FIFA14 for my eight year old son at weekend. He plays the career mode but cannot buy transfers as you can't see the overall performance value of each player before you buy unlike the previous FIFA series that he has. Is this deliberate and buying players is random, particularly at lower leagues where you are looking for a particular player with a performance value e.g. 60-65 rather than one of the big names?

Are we doing something wrong or do you just use pot luck when buying a player (other than your own football knowledge)?

All help appreciated!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm getting FIFA 14 free with my XBOne and I still won't play it! Away to eBay with you, foul game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I'd given away my copy of FIFA13 when 14 arrived. I've since requested it's return.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I was actually having an enjoyable match last night on 14 until when using Robben I gave a pass inside then when I was naturally giving the return I noticed the poor Dutchman being physically held back by the linesman , I have no idea why he ran off the pitch but ended up getting caught behind the linesman when he had the full pitch ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So they've reverted finesse shots back to the days of Fifa 10 and 11?

Also, why do keepers now palm over the softest of shots and header. Such a frustrating game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Game threw me over the edge last night when a ball came in from the wing and no matter how many times I pressed LB to change player, I couldnt select the defender I needed to. This game is broken.

• Administrators Posts: 53,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I only just started playing today but from what I've played so far IMO this game is better than 13.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm getting FIFA 14 free with my XBOne and I still won't play it! Away to eBay with you, foul game!

If you're talking about the Day One edition I THINK that's a free digital version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

awec wrote: »
    I only just started playing today but from what I've played so far IMO this game is better than 13.

You obviously haven't played against human players? once you start making way in the divisions you get to all the people who know the OP stuff in the game.

• Advertisement

Patch on its way this week (from eurogamer)
    EA Sports will this week release the much anticipated FIFA 14 patch to consoles that should make it harder to score a goal.

Following complaints from players, EA Sports has tweaked key gameplay techniques, including lofted through balls, attacking headers and finesse shots.

There are also bug fixes.

Here's what the patch does:

Balancing lofted through balls.
    Balancing attacking headers.
    Balancing finesse shots.
    Improved defender switching during crosses.
    Freezes while making substitutions during gameplay.
    Freezes while entering and exiting Leaderboards.
    Improvements made to Dynamic Camera.
    Corrected crowd sections in Signal Iduna Park.
    Corrected "Any" and "GK" filters in Pro Clubs.
    We've responded to the community and upgraded FIFA 14 cover star Stephan El Shaarawy to 4* Skills in Online Seasons, Head to Head, and Career Mode using EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day. Since the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team ratings and database are separate from the Match Day Update, he will be assessed and potentially upgraded in FUT at a later date.

The patch is live now for PC, and will be released to consoles this week, EA Sports said.

"We've located some of the issues causing freezing throughout the game, but not all of them," the FIFA team wrote on the EA website.

"Please continue to let us know about specific instances on the EA forums as your feedback has helped immensely. There are a small percentage of remaining crashing/freezing instances and the team will continue to investigate and address them as needed. Thanks for your patience during this time."

^^ good to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Motivator

Having spent the last week severely frustrated by this game I'm finally starting to come around to it. I'm learning with every game & I'm about 50 games in online, while I haven't progressed as far as I thought through the divisions I'm slowly getting there. After nearly 50 games I feel there is a decent flow to matches (the odd scream at the telly when my selected player randomly just runs into an opponent when breaking with the ball) which you will only really notice the more games you play.

I urge people not to give up on FIFA 14. I would have done so after 15 or 20 games but I've been off sick from work for the day & I've just been glued to it. Stick with it & you'll be rewarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

There's a good game in there.... they just need to sort out some issues.

I just turned it off for the night... getting too frustrated conceding certain types of goals, if it was down to myself as a player learning how to defend better then grand... I'd stick with it and relish the challenge, but the super-human heading ability of the attackers in particular just sucks the enjoyment out of matches.

I'll likely avoid it until the patch comes out... I'm worried that playing it in its current state will sour my feelings towards the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Motivator

smokedeels wrote: »
    There's a good game in there.... they just need to sort out some issues.

I just turned it off for the night... getting too frustrated conceding certain types of goals, if it was down to myself as a player learning how to defend better then grand... I'd stick with it and relish the challenge, but the super-human heading ability of the attackers in particular just sucks the enjoyment out of matches.

I'll likely avoid it until the patch comes out... I'm worried that playing it in its current state will sour my feelings towards the game.

The headers can be annoying, I lost an online game 4-3 conceding 4 headers. There's a knack to defending headers, same as there is a knack to tackling, dribbling & shooting. Timing your jump is critical & it's something I have learned to do in the last day or so....keep at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

What is the story with lag? Every game is incredibly laggy. Never had this problem with FIFA 13. I have a 100Mb connection....after about 15 games, theres no way I always got matched with an opponent with a slow connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

v3ttel wrote: »
    What is the story with lag? Every game is incredibly laggy. Never had this problem with FIFA 13. I have a 100Mb connection....after about 15 games, theres no way I always got matched with an opponent with a slow connection.

This isn't a problem with the game. I'd just check your connection again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If you are annoyed with the game, I say trade it in asap before the price drops :) If everyone keeps playing Fifa 13, that will hurt EA and they may cop on a bit. It's all about taking your money with Ultimate Team nowadays anyways.

I was at the fifa demo booth for XboxOne and Xbox360 at Eurogamer in London and I couldn't help but laugh at how the FIFA fanbois were going apesh!t over how bad the game was. Cringeworthy stuff. One lad was trying to get the Xbox rep to put on PES2014 lol and we was wearing his Fifa t-shirt :pac:.

Some really good games coming out on PS3 and Xbox. May I recommend Beyond: Two Souls and Assassins Creed 4.

I'll be honest, I enjoyed PES a lot more even with the horrible face mapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

FutureGuy wrote: »
    If you are annoyed with the game, I say trade it in asap before the price drops :) If everyone keeps playing Fifa 13, that will hurt EA and they may cop on a bit. It's all about taking your money with Ultimate Team nowadays anyways.

I was at the fifa demo booth for XboxOne and Xbox360 at Eurogamer in London and I couldn't help but laugh at how the FIFA fanbois were going apesh!t over how bad the game was. Cringeworthy stuff. One lad was trying to get the Xbox rep to put on PES2014 lol and we was wearing his Fifa t-shirt :pac:.

Some really good games coming out on PS3 and Xbox. May I recommend Beyond: Two Souls and Assassins Creed 4.

I'll be honest, I enjoyed PES a lot more even with the horrible face mapping.

I can already see fifa 15 as a polished version of 13 , the same fanboys will be going nuts for it again. Wouldn't surprise me if this is the plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Played it, okay the game isn't nearly as bad as being made out. Lesson for everyone, online isn't the be all and end all of games.

• Advertisement

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Played it, okay the game isn't nearly as bad as being made out. Lesson for everyone, online isn't the be all and end all of games.

It is for fifa. Who wants to play a predictable yet frustrating computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

I don't know how people can write the game off after a week or two of gameplay. From my experience it always takes a month or two for the kinks to be ironed out and to get used to the gameplay and the little tweaks that have been made to the match engine. I tried to revert to PES this year but couldn't stick the goalkeeping quality and I found the game quite slow at times too. I am enjoying it anyway progressing through the online divisions nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

There is definitely a good game in there somewhere, the patch notes sound promising so hopefully they can bring it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Just started having a problem with fut there. I went in to ultimate team to play online seasons but every time I click on seasons the xbox freezes. I can play online tournament but not seasons. It's really frustrating. I googled it and it seems others are having the same problem. Anybody else experiencing the same problem and know of any potential fixes?

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Just started having a problem with fut there. I went in to ultimate team to play online seasons but every time I click on seasons the xbox freezes. I can play online tournament but not seasons. It's really frustrating. I googled it and it seems others are having the same problem. Anybody else experiencing the same problem and know of any potential fixes?

Patch out Wednesday I think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Just been looking at some player ratings, how in gods name is suarez still only 86 given last seasons performances he should easily be top 5, id love to know who rates the players on fifa cos its obvious they havent a bloody clue, i mean come on, tevez,cavani,rooney,silva,aguero,and even rvp, are rated higher thats just not right:eek:

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Just been looking at some player ratings, how in gods name is suarez still only 86 given last seasons performances he should easily be top 5, id love to know who rates the players on fifa cos its obvious they havent a bloody clue, i mean come on, tevez,cavani,rooney,silva,aguero,and even rvp, are rated higher thats just not right:eek:

LOL

no

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Nolars wrote: »
    no

To what?

• Advertisement

To what?

Your stupidly biased opinions.

Advertisement