Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

True

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Looks like they're pushing this scouting thing as the big feature this year. Doesn't seem like anything huge to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The only feature I want for FIFA 14 is for the refs to actually make correct decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Id like if they put in more keeper errors. They'd have a rating or something so keepers like Reina makes a howler the odd time same as in real life. They do it in Football Manager so id imagine doing it in Fifa shouldnt be so complicated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

FIFA 14 increases realism with Teammate Intelligence
    Electronic Arts announced today that FIFA 14 will have something called Teammate Intelligence. It is basically EA's fancy name for a smarter artificial intelligence in the game, which makes gameplay more organic and realistic. EA claims that "players will have better decision-making and teams will play smarter on both the attack and defense to bring the beauty of the game to life."

One of the cool things about Teammate Intelligence is the amount of scoring opportunities it reveals to players. Attacking players will watch the backline now to avoid getting caught offside before passing or breaking free. Additionally, attackers will perform checked runs to confuse defenders. Center-forwards will also be able to hold positions better to receive the ball.
    man-marking-testbed.gif
    On defense, AI team members will recognize opportunities to pressure the opposing team and provide support from anywhere in the pitch. The AI will no long just cover whoever is closest to him. The take away from this is that AI defenders will position themselves better so that there aren't gaping holes on the pitch where attackers can come through.

All of this adds up to a more organic feeling game and the AI will move in a way that human players would actually move. A more organic experience means more realistic gameplay, which should excite FIFA fans.

Source

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Id like them to fix a few things for the new Fifa.

Firstly in career mode, they added the international mgmt feature which makes it more interesting, but they have to add more detail to it, maybe add in a u21's team, show how many caps/goals players have & the world ranking system added

UT, to make it more realistic. If u play UT and Season you will notice there is a big big difference. Its easier to score in UT and the players are ridicolously quicker. Seasons is more fair and a better complexion of the game

Pro Clubs, i love pro, think its great craic. They have to improve the AI. They are donkeys! I thought that Fifa 13 should of inc real players which you can acquire as you rise through the ranks, a bit like UT. Hopefully in F14 they introduce this as it would take Pro club to the next level

Then lastly, not really a major one but this gets on my tits a bit and i reckon it has happened to all of us. Ball over the top your through on goal and either the last defender goes to clear the ball and gives you a full force kick in the face, or the GK charges out to punch the ball and you get a nice double fist in the face. Maybe thats just the mechanics of the game but i think thats worthy or a FK or Pen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Next Gen Fifa for the new Xbox is being previewed tomorow

MD1990 wrote: »
    Next Gen Fifa for the new Xbox is being previewed tomorow

Was that an attempt to tone down my excitement?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Dont get too excited. History has shown us that the first fifa released on a new generation, is usually very similar to the current gen release. Even the graphics dont get much of an upgrade.

• Advertisement

Tinie wrote: »
    Dont get too excited. History has shown us that the first fifa released on a new generation, is usually very similar to the current gen release. Even the graphics dont get much of an upgrade.

My sarcasm is wasted on Boards...

i wonder when the next Xbox will be released?

i wonder when the next Xbox will be released?

Christmas this year in america, Spring next year for us.

Id bet my house on that.

Am I right in hearing that Ultimate team for fifa 14 is only on xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Tinie wrote: »
    Am I right in hearing that Ultimate team for fifa 14 is only on xbox?

It will have exclusive ultimate team content, but the mode will be on both I'd imagine. It'll probably be something to dowith Kinect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

EA SPORTS FIFA ‏@EASPORTSFIFA 46m
    #FUT14 will be coming to both the PS4 and #XboxOne. Exclusive content for #XboxOne. #FIFA14
    Retweeted 2053 times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

How to make FIFA 14 the best FIFA EVER:

Step 1: Just use the FIFA 11 match engine.

Lamposts wrote: »

Personally I thought 09 was the best, I played that until the release of 10(haven't played one since without at least taking a 4/5 month break).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Personally I thought 09 was the best, I played that until the release of 10(haven't played one since without at least taking a 4/5 month break).

Fifa 09 with impact engine plus better long balls minus any of the ****ty '13 scripting= Winning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Lamposts wrote: »

Personally I thought the Fifa WC game in 2010 was the best of the lot. Had a great balance and less stupid momentum ****e

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Personally I thought the Fifa WC game in 2010 was the best of the lot. Had a great balance and less stupid momentum ****e

The WC game was great alright, improved massively on 10.
    Loved the online set up, would love similar modes in 14.

I lead Ireland in WC wins in that and was quite high in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

+1 for World Cup 2010, that's probably my favourite ever football game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Here what the collectors edition has. Not worth it imo. A ball and a couple of ultimate team packs.

Here what the collectors edition has. Not worth it imo. A ball and a couple of ultimate team packs.

Thats poor, they have literally nothing else to give though. 80 is far too much..

looks like its Fifa 13 with new kits

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

looks like its Fifa 13 with new kits

There are some interesting new additions - more of a physical battle with a dedicated Protect The Ball button and the locomotion engine will make you rethink sprinting around like a loon...But with the next gen approaching rapidly (and the promise of a new engine), I'm a little concerned that the current gen is FIFA 13.5.

More words if you're interested: http://clickonline.com/games/preview--fifa-14/18193/

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

They have been telling us about "protect the ball" and not sprinting all game for years now. I am normally not fussed with those trailers but that is easily the most underwhelming one I've ever seen.

What I will say is that I dont mind if it's FIFA 13.5 SO LONG AS the next gen version has been given more work and is of better quality, but it took EA a good 3 years to make a decent showing on 360/PS3 so I'm not really confident of that being the case.

Advertisement