Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

EdenHazard wrote: »
    gonna trade fifa13 and batman arkham asylum in gamestop, anybody know what ill have to pay on top of that?

You'll get like €2 for Fifa 13 id imagine and about a fiver for batman id say at max.

• Administrators Posts: 53,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What absolutely baffles me is that appears to be completely random as to when my team play well and when they don't.

In a career I could beat Chelsea 4 nil one week and then the next game for some reason my players can't pass, won't move, can't tackle and are just complete rubbish. And then all of a sudden they'll be great again at some point.

I actually think the demo is far better than the mess we have right now.

Player selection, i.e. when you press LB is completely crap. This has been the case for about 3 FIFAs now. The logic it uses to decide who to give you control of appears to be just broken. I have instances were the ball has almost run over the foot of one of my players but the game won't let me take control of them. Or if I'm defending it'll give me control of someone far away rather than the guy right beside it who can make a tackle.

AND, again for about 3 FIFAs in a row now EA think that once it rains professional footballers forget how to play football.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

awec wrote: »
    What absolutely baffles me is that appears to be completely random as to when my team play well and when they don't.

In a career I could beat Chelsea 4 nil one week and then the next game for some reason my players can't pass, won't move, can't tackle and are just complete rubbish. And then all of a sudden they'll be great again at some point.

AND, again for about 3 FIFAs in a row now EA think that once it rains professional footballers forget how to play football.

film_script.jpg

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Jesus, what a shower of moaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

That silver skill for the lob pass is a new kind of difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

Loving the pre-contract feature in career mode, a great addition

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

miralize wrote: »
    That silver skill for the lob pass is a new kind of difficult.

Check your friends leaderboard son. :P

AdamD wrote: »
    Bringing your GK out to catch the corner works most of the time.

I know a lot of people do this, but from experience if it was 2 yards outside the 6 yard box it wasn't worth doing.
    I guess conceding one a game means something needs to change.

I always found it confusing to try bring the goalie out AND challenge the header(so once you see the X and bring the goalie out you can't really still control the CB efficiently).

I'll actually give this a go as there's just far too many corners still going in so need to change something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

this fifa is getting traded in i just don't care anymore. its the s**test fifa ever released. the first touch is a joke. the defending is a absolute joke. the switching between players is absolutely disgraceful in this f**king day and age of video games. they have gone completely backwards compared to fifa 13. i have never been so utterly frustrated by a game. EA can go f**k themselves after this attempt of video game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I decided out of boredom to give this game another go last night so i played as a player in career mode as a striker and ive never laughed so much.

3 times in 5 games, me and my strike partner got into a 2 on 1 situation with a defender, he had the ball so i pressed for him to play it past the last defender and what he done next just summed this mess of a game up, he turned around and hooved it back to my right back....who was also unmarked :D

• Advertisement

bohsboy wrote: »
    Jesus, what a shower of moaners.

agreed but a new game is supposed to improve on the previous game and this most certainly does not, If you played Fifa 13 you would know why people are complaining about it, but as you have'nt, this muck is as good as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

lads, am i better off sticking with my fifa 13 with little cash this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Raf32 wrote: »

yes deffo

agreed but a new game is supposed to improve on the previous game and this most certainly does not, If you played Fifa 13 you would know why people are complaining about it, but as you have'nt, this muck is as good as it gets.

Fair enough. I'm enjoying it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

No definitely not. Don't listen to the moaners in this thread fifa 14 is definitely the better game. Also do you really want to be stuck with outdated squads for a whole year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

SeaDaily wrote: »
    No definitely not. Don't listen to the moaners in this thread fifa 14 is definitely the better game. Also do you really want to be stuck with outdated squads for a whole year.

Haha moaners? The general view is that Fifa 14 is not an upgrade on Fifa 13 and that it is designed solely for next gen. The switching of players is beyond a joke and the game is not as fluid.

Did you read he has little cash for games this year? Oh yea you should get Fifa 14 because of "outdated squads".. and ignore all other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

My biggest gripe is the ease at which a player can be put through on goal by a lofted pass. I've played about 20 games in seasons and every game bar 2 I came up against a player who just hoofed it long everytime. It's seriously frustrating as I've genuinely been the better player in the 4 games I've lost.

My biggest gripe is the ease at which a player can be put through on goal by a lofted pass. I've played about 20 games in seasons and every game bar 2 I came up against a player who just hoofed it long everytime. It's seriously frustrating as I've genuinely been the better player in the 4 games I've lost.

Can you not change your tactics to have your defenders play deeper?

That's football, you can boss games at times and still lose to smarter opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Awful game, awful player switching has overtaken the awful first touch in my top grievances.

bohsboy wrote: »
    Can you not change your tactics to have your defenders play deeper?

That's football, you can boss games at times and still lose to smarter opponents.

It's not that they're smarter. Most of these guys are hitting it long out of defense, hitting it long from midfield and chipping it over the back 4 or crossing from the flanks. If Big Jack's tactics are the way to get results in this game then I'll probably stop playing.

Just a thought... As I've only really started playing it and have been moving up the leagues, maybe this long ball BS is just a symptom of the lower divisions. I'm in div7, where are you?

• Advertisement

Rent out Fifa 14 for a week and believe me you'll know what to do after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Such a terrible terrible online, that's coming from someone who loves online and has put a lot of time into it the past few years with a great record. I'd trade it in but with the majority saying it's shíte FIFA must be working to fix the issues, I hope.

The lofted through balls are ridiculous, at least last year you couldn't always do it successfully without a quick forward but this year it's like everyone can go 1-on-1 with a simple L1 + triangle(or the xbox equivalent).

The defenders are ridiculously overpowered to the point where you can't even play through the centre and then the shambles that is the crossing comes into play where most of the time you can't even defend them.

My seasons looks like this atm 2-7-0 and that was in the bottom division, recent years I could get to D1 with ease rarely losing.

It look like the 90-100% pressure and aggressiveness tactics are being exploited again this year even more so because the defender just outmuscles the forward every time. It's just not fun to play anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Rent out Fifa 14 for a week and believe me you'll know what to do after that.

great idea man thanks, might pop in tomorrow and give it a go so and will be able to give my opinion too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Such a terrible terrible online, that's coming from someone who loves online and has put a lot of time into it the past few years with a great record. I'd trade it in but with the majority saying it's shíte FIFA must be working to fix the issues, I hope.

The lofted through balls are ridiculous, at least last year you couldn't always do it successfully without a quick forward but this year it's like everyone can go 1-on-1 with a simple L1 + triangle(or the xbox equivalent).

The defenders are ridiculously overpowered to the point where you can't even play through the centre and then the shambles that is the crossing comes into play where most of the time you can't even defend them.

My seasons looks like this atm 2-7-0 and that was in the bottom division, recent years I could get to D1 with ease rarely losing.

It look like the 90-100% pressure and aggressiveness tactics are being exploited again this year even more so because the defender just outmuscles the forward every time. It's just not fun to play anymore.

Have you played post patch?

Not having chip through ball or crossing issues myself.

How do you adjust these?

AdamD wrote: »
    Have you played post patch?

Not having chip through ball or crossing issues myself.

Yeah I have and they're still there. Seems the same for other I know as well

How do you adjust these?

Go into the edit team page on the home menu and go into custom tactics, you can adjust the sliders there. When you're done save the tactic and assign it to one of the directional buttons, you can then use it online.

Just a tip for everyone if you're just out to win games using a boring one dimensional play and not worried about fun, switch these sliders to 90-100 and change your controller settings to "air balls". When you're in a game when defending just use your central midfielders and hold the circle button(PS3) to win the ball back almost every time. Everyone is starting to do it but the key is to pick a team with a striker to score headers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've been winning rather easily without doing any of those things...

Depends on a few things, could be the luck of the draw for the people you're being matched up with, but for me those tactics are what I had to switch to and they're effective. Still unbeaten online in the second bottom division, I'll probably leave it for a while and see if FIFA fix some of the issues because it's not fun at all playing at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Serious hyper bole going on here, most likely from people who can't win a game throwing their toys out of the pram.

Been playing every installment of FIFA for the past 5 years and this game is grand. I don't go for any of that over the top through balls stuff, or the high pressing, but am comfortably moving up the divisions. I would consider myself a decent enough player, have won the league in Division 1 of Online seasons every year I have played FIFA but I really don't see how this game is harder now.

Slight bit of adjustment needed yes but sure its a new game, that happens a lot. I don't find defending heading a problem at all as long as you attack the ball. Anyone resorting to high pressing and lofted through balls becomes so predictable as well surely you can work around that? I personally love coming up against someone like that, teach them a lesson.

Advertisement