Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Really don't know what to make of FIFA 14 to be honest. Played it last night alright (pro clubs) and the patch does seem to have stopped people scoring easy headers alright and there are some tiny differences but the lofted through ball still seems overpowered. I'm only enjoying co-op seasons and pro clubs this year. Bored by the rest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Player switching is atrocious. It doesn't work half of the time and I do be there hammering lb. Always seems to not want to switch when the opponent has crossed a ball in.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Liamalone wrote: »
    Awful game, awful player switching has overtaken the awful first touch in my top grievances.

Agreed.

I've gotten some what used to all the other changes but the player switching kills all enjoyment for me. Particularly the tendency to be switched to an offside player when the onside player you intended to switch to was in a much better position anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Teamshadowclan, you don't have to take it round a keeper, if the keeper is rushed at all a simple finesse shot works best.

Ah, but that's not as fun :P

And I'll agree on switching. The number of corners I let in cause the switch goes to a random player rather than the one who'll likely get a head to the corner :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

niallo24 wrote: »
    Serious hyper bole going on here, most likely from people who can't win a game throwing their toys out of the pram.

Been playing every installment of FIFA for the past 5 years and this game is grand. I don't go for any of that over the top through balls stuff, or the high pressing, but am comfortably moving up the divisions. I would consider myself a decent enough player, have won the league in Division 1 of Online seasons every year I have played FIFA but I really don't see how this game is harder now.

Slight bit of adjustment needed yes but sure its a new game, that happens a lot. I don't find defending heading a problem at all as long as you attack the ball. Anyone resorting to high pressing and lofted through balls becomes so predictable as well surely you can work around that? I personally love coming up against someone like that, teach them a lesson.

Nothing to do with winning at all for me neway. I win my fair amount of games like any Fifa. Heading lobbed threw balls and finesse shots are not much of an issue anymore I find neway.

The switching of players its a tad broken and the first touch of players is way to OTT.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Wow I wish I had read this yesterday, I bought it yesterday evening. I've just played 4/5 matches and it's awful, doesn't come close to fifa 13, the passing is awful, way too many corners, the players feel like they are running through syrup. Just really bad, I can't believe I paid €60 for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

A new thread should be made for all the people with nothing but negative nonsense about the game to spout. Every second comment is people saying the same crap about the game. It's become a little tiresome. We get it you don't like the game, some of us on the other hand are actually really enjoying. Either return the game or stop posting on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

SeaDaily wrote: »
    A new thread should be made for all the people with nothing but negative nonsense about the game to spout. Every second comment is people saying the same crap about the game. It's become a little tiresome. We get it you don't like the game, some of us on the other hand are actually really enjoying. Either return the game or stop posting on this thread.

Errrm, the vast majority think it's piss poor and are entitled to air their opinion.

And it's hardly nonsense.

Surely people have as much right to give out about the game as you do to praise it??

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Surely people have as much right to give out about the game as you do to praise it??

Of course they do all I'm saying is surely enough has been said about how people think the game is terrible. No one is bringing up any new points they're just repeatedly saying the headers, lobbed through balls and switching players is awful. I get it, I've heard it said about 100 times by now. How about some discussion about some other aspects of the game?

• Advertisement

Of course they do all I'm saying is surely enough has been said about how people think the game is terrible. No one is bringing up any new points they're just repeatedly saying the headers, lobbed through balls and switching players is awful. I get it, I've heard it said about 100 times by now. How about some discussion about some other aspects of the game?

I only bought it yesterday and wasnt aware and haven't mentioned those problems. I just think it plays very poorly, I did just score a fk with Luis Suarez though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Go into the edit team page on the home menu and go into custom tactics, you can adjust the sliders there. When you're done save the tactic and assign it to one of the directional buttons, you can then use it online.

Just a tip for everyone if you're just out to win games using a boring one dimensional play and not worried about fun, switch these sliders to 90-100 and change your controller settings to "air balls". When you're in a game when defending just use your central midfielders and hold the circle button(PS3) to win the ball back almost every time. Everyone is starting to do it but the key is to pick a team with a striker to score headers.

It's not for me but thanks. I'd rather win playing a good brand of football.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Seems a bit marmitey at the moment.

Fair few saying its muck, fair few saying its grand. I just take it as a new instalment I need to get used to .

I wouldn't declare it any worse or better then 13, and will probably need a good while to make a judgement. One thing annoying though is that there is ALOT of online problems for me on PSN, get into a season, find an opponent, game drops pretty much straight away : /

TheDoc wrote: »
    Seems a bit marmitey at the moment.

Fair few saying its muck, fair few saying its grand. I just take it as a new instalment I need to get used to .

I wouldn't declare it any worse or better then 13, and will probably need a good while to make a judgement. One thing annoying though is that there is ALOT of online problems for me on PSN, get into a season, find an opponent, game drops pretty much straight away : /

Are you with UPC?

I was searching maybe 20+ times without finding anyone, and I never had the problem with 13, Madden etc.

I got so sick of it, I reset my router and it works fine again.

There seemed to be something different about connecting for 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm with UPC (100Mb line, less than 30ms ping) and I'm getting loads of lag in every game. It's impossible to score a penalty with it. You press the button at the right time and a second later it actually registers, by which time it's moved from green to red and he balloons it. This is the first FIFA I've played on the PS though (usually play it on the Xbox, but I'm getting a PS4 and wanted to be able to transfer my ultimate team), but never had a problem with FIFA on the Xbox.

I guess its a more a problem with FIFA 14, rather than a console thing. My connection is definitely fine.

Are you with UPC?

I was searching maybe 20+ times without finding anyone, and I never had the problem with 13, Madden etc.

I got so sick of it, I reset my router and it works fine again.

There seemed to be something different about connecting for 14.

No I'm with magnet :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I decided to give this game another go just in case the 3 lads are right and that it is a very enjoyable game, well even though ive won a few games, it is'nt, the gameplay is just not the same as 13, anyway can somebody tell me how to defend crosses, every cross my opponent puts in, my defenders just stop running and he scores.

I played a fair bit last night and had a good few lan games over the weekend. I don't know what all the complaints are about to be honest.

Player switching was fine, had no instance of this " players not switching properly"
    Players moved at a pace that I did not deem slow, nor did anyone I played with.
    Passing was fine, had no immediate " omg passing is broken"
    And didn't experience this long ball over the top problem people were mentioning.

I'm wondering is a part of it people who are struggling with results, or playing poorly, somewhat blaming the game. Any Fifa bet's I've spoken to are happy with the latest installment, and don't agree with any of the negative feedback. I know personally I'm happy enough, no major complaints, and don't feel like I've been burnt or "let down", bar the stupid "persona" setup that Origin accounts have, which led me spunking my daily gifts and goldpacks on a Xbox account, rather then my PSN account.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I played a fair bit last night and had a good few lan games over the weekend. I don't know what all the complaints are about to be honest.

Player switching was fine, had no instance of this " players not switching properly"
    Players moved at a pace that I did not deem slow, nor did anyone I played with.
    Passing was fine, had no immediate " omg passing is broken"
    And didn't experience this long ball over the top problem people were mentioning.

I'm wondering is a part of it people who are struggling with results, or playing poorly, somewhat blaming the game. Any Fifa bet's I've spoken to are happy with the latest installment, and don't agree with any of the negative feedback. I know personally I'm happy enough, no major complaints, and don't feel like I've been burnt or "let down", bar the stupid "persona" setup that Origin accounts have, which led me spunking my daily gifts and goldpacks on a Xbox account, rather then my PSN account.

I can agree with most of this but player switching is not fine at all, that's a pretty well agreed upon issue. Its really really broken.

Corners are really starting to grind me.

I started my UT season 0-3-2 and needed 16 points to go up, I get the 4 wins needing a draw in my last.

He scores FOUR corners and beats me 5-1.

The patch did improve headers from crosses, and the finesse/lofted ball.
    But the headers from corners are still overpowered.
    Players contested each cross but were outjumped each time.

Such an annoying way to lose after getting back to 15 points, take the 4 corners out and I'd have my draw for promotion. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Corners are really starting to grind me.

I started my UT season 0-3-2 and needed 16 points to go up, I get the 4 wins needing a draw in my last.

He scores FOUR corners and beats me 5-1.

The patch did improve headers from crosses, and the finesse/lofted ball.
    But the headers from corners are still overpowered.
    Players contested each cross but were outjumped each time.

Such an annoying way to lose after getting back to 15 points, take the 4 corners out and I'd have my draw for promotion. :mad:

lets be honest if he got 4 corners with 4 goals he knew what he was doing :pac:

AdamD wrote: »
    I can agree with most of this but player switching is not fine at all, that's a pretty well agreed upon issue. Its really really broken.

I don't see how. It's not like I'm missing the point of what your talking about. PLayer switching is pretty obvious. And I'm having no difficulty with it, what so ever.

People are indicating that they are trying to select a player to cover a through ball, or select a defender for a corner and the likes. I'm sorry but I just don't get ANY of these problems, and it having X amount of people agreeing doesn't make it fact.

It is most likely either an odd bug/defect that affects certain players in certain conditions, or it's people whiffing player select and not realising/admitting it.

Absolutely ZERO problems for me with player switching, nor from any of my twelve friends who have the game.

What specifically is the problem with player switching? Are people annoyed that quick switch with the trigger isn't intelligent and going to where it "should"go , or is there problems with the analog sticks not moving player control in the direction nudged?

Both work absolutely fine for me, and I'd know if it wasnt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

Recently bought the game and as an arsenal fan was looking forward to having Ozil in the team. But he ISNT there !!! Is there any way i can update the squad when i am playing a season or is trying to buy him the only other option?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't see how. It's not like I'm missing the point of what your talking about. PLayer switching is pretty obvious. And I'm having no difficulty with it, what so ever.

People are indicating that they are trying to select a player to cover a through ball, or select a defender for a corner and the likes. I'm sorry but I just don't get ANY of these problems, and it having X amount of people agreeing doesn't make it fact.

It is most likely either an odd bug/defect that affects certain players in certain conditions, or it's people whiffing player select and not realising/admitting it.

Absolutely ZERO problems for me with player switching, nor from any of my twelve friends who have the game.

What specifically is the problem with player switching? Are people annoyed that quick switch with the trigger isn't intelligent and going to where it "should"go , or is there problems with the analog sticks not moving player control in the direction nudged?

Ok, corners for example:They cross it to the back post, I click L1 and it gives me my player at the front post. That's me pretty much screwed. I get a similar issue with crosses though not as frequently. When I change player to cover a through ball they stop for a second. I have recently changed my settings to try and fix this, something about continuing their run, jury's out on whether that's worked or not.

When playing ANY in clubs the game would rather give me my CB when I click L1 than my VP who's actually close to the attack.

And before you say it my record is like 13-4-1 on seasons and 20-6-9 on FUT. Its just a genuine problem when I'm playing, not an excuse.

wawaman wrote: »
    Recently bought the game and as an arsenal fan was looking forward to having Ozil in the team. But he ISNT there !!! Is there any way i can update the squad when i am playing a season or is trying to buy him the only other option?

I played a seasons match against Arsenal yesterday and he was with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

I played a seasons match against Arsenal yesterday and he was with them.

Did you update the squads before you started the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

What he said.
    same issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Anyone having problems with switching, try manual switching trigger. Not perfect but will give ya that extra split second on those high balls to change to another player

AdamD wrote: »
    Ok, corners for example:They cross it to the back post, I click L1 and it gives me my player at the front post. That's me pretty much screwed. I get a similar issue with crosses though not as frequently. When I change player to cover a through ball they stop for a second. I have recently changed my settings to try and fix this, something about continuing their run, jury's out on whether that's worked or not.

When playing ANY in clubs the game would rather give me my CB when I click L1 than my VP who's actually close to the attack.

And before you say it my record is like 13-4-1 on seasons and 20-6-9 on FUT. Its just a genuine problem when I'm playing, not an excuse.

What platform are you playing on. I'm on Playstation and have none of these issues.

In regards to players stopping when selected, I'm pretty sure that is a player flaw. I agree it can be done better, but its quick adjustment, being just a second ahead realising who you are going to pick, and where you want them to start moving. Making this movement after the press, and it's fine.

But I do agree its finicky to get used to, when Fifa 13 continued the run on the change ( and tbh it should have kept it).

But for your corner scenario, I don't know. Just hasn't happened to me at all, I've no problems defending my corners bar occasions where I just genuinely get outplayed or jumped

I honestly don't know, perfectly fine for me, and like I said twelve other friends, where if this was happening to them I wouldn't hear the ****ing end of it.

I'll keep an ear out incase maybe there is something specific that causes this, but as I said across a group of friends of 12 I play on LAN with, and about another 14 I play with online, we havn't encountered this at all yet. Touchwood.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with switching, try manual switching trigger. Not perfect but will give ya that extra split second on those high balls to change to another player

Its still broken as the game STILL switches players on its Own sometimes, especially when running to a loose ball. It's infuriating.

Advertisement