Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Well lads I sold FIFA 14 yesterday and went back to 13. Played 2 games and lost 5-4 and 4-2 but my jaysus did I enjoy them!

Way better game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Batesy wrote: »
    Well lads I sold FIFA 14 yesterday and went back to 13. Played 2 games and lost 5-4 and 4-2 but my jaysus did I enjoy them!

Way better game!!

I'm tempted to trade it in for GTA5 as I'll be getting it free anyone with the xbox one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

GTA over fifa should be a no brainer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Batesy wrote: »

Way better game!!

Do you know what the trade in on it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

TheBza wrote: »
    GTA over fifa should be a no brainer.

yeah but since I'm selling the xbox next week doesnt give me long to enjoy it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I've played it again tonight for a while, it still is a step below '13 for me. Three occasions stick in my mind of f which two were the same.

1) produced a defence splitting pass that left two attackers through on goal but no matter how much I bashed the 'player change' button it would not give me control of the player in the better position... this happened twice.

2) took a short corner and the receiving player couldn't control it and knocked out of for a fecking throw in. The player in question was Silva who should be able to control a brick if you threw it at him.

The game isn't ****e but it is in no way an improvement in the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Can someone tell me how to select my favourite songs to be played in fifa14 xbox without flicking through them all the time.? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

At least we're not playing PES

YsOAC8Y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

You get unmercifully screwed at times. Just played a game there:

- Incredibly laggy, as all the games I play are
    - Absolutely perfect sliding tackle in the box, cleanly took the ball, not only a penalty, but a red card too. The player was running towards the endline and had arched his run away from the goal, and there were TWO CBs covering.
    - He scores the penalty, I come back and turn the game around with 10 men, he quits, and I don't get the win.

Lag, unjust penalty, unjust red card, and when the guy quit, I don't get the win. That pretty much ticks every box on how to completely frustrate a player.

The constant lag is ridiculous. The game stutters every 5 or 6 seconds and all the inputs are half a second off. It's so bloody annoying. I've never had that with any FIFA before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

v3ttel wrote: »
    You get unmercifully screwed at times. Just played a game there:

- Incredibly laggy, as all the games I play are
    - Absolutely perfect sliding tackle in the box, cleanly took the ball, not only a penalty, but a red card too. The player was running towards the endline and had arched his run away from the goal, and there were TWO CBs covering.
    - He scores the penalty, I come back and turn the game around with 10 men, he quits, and I don't get the win.

Lag, unjust penalty, unjust red card, and when the guy quit, I don't get the win. That pretty much ticks every box on how to completely frustrate a player.

The constant lag is ridiculous. The game stutters every 5 or 6 seconds and all the inputs are half a second off. It's so bloody annoying. I've never had that with any FIFA before this.

Had something similar to that last night. The lag messes up the switching too, making it delayed. Had a few dodgy games laat night where lag was a factor. It didn't matter what you did. Nothing went right.

On a seperate note I have found an easier way to play this way once your not screwed by the lag. Press the left keypad to go defensive and use the offside side quick tactic. Out of 14 games yesterday only lost 2, drew 4 and won 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Had something similar to that last night. The lag messes up the switching too, making it delayed. Had a few dodgy games laat night where lag was a factor. It didn't matter what you did. Nothing went right.

On a seperate note I have found an easier way to play this way once your not screwed by the lag. Press the left keypad to go defensive and use the offside side quick tactic. Out of 14 games yesterday only lost 2, drew 4 and won 8.

I've had enough of this muck. Traded in fifa 14 there this morning. Will rely on my fifa 12 copy for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

brianon wrote: »
    I've had enough of this muck. Traded in fifa 14 there this morning. Will rely on my fifa 12 copy for now.

Well if you plan on playing online fifa 12 won't be much good as there will be almost no one online. It'll take an age to find a game.

Just went back to have a game of FIFA 13 and there no lag at all. Granted, that was on the 360 rather than the PS3 where I play FIFA 14, but shouldn't really make a difference.

I'm 13-0-1 but it feels like you've no control when everything is half a second delayed....or when you want a player to hit something first time, he takes a touch because your button press hasn't registered and runs it out of play.

Hopefully they'll sort the lag on the PS4 version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

So from what I understand from reading here, if you are being beaten you throw all the toys out of the pram and moan about headers and lag and then go back and play last years version to come back on here to post about your meaningless record playing last years game. Or else trade the game.

Cry me a river.

Impressive you've managed to fit so much fail into one post:
    bohsboy wrote: »
    if you are being beaten you throw all the toys out of the pram and moan lag

I'm 13-0-1, so I'm not really being beaten or struggling to win (so far!). Also, I don't have a pram, or toys. 3 fails there :pac:
    bohsboy wrote: »
    then go back and play last years version to come back on here to post about your meaningless record playing last years game

Went back to play last years version to check if my connection was the problem, or if it was a FIFA 13 vs FIFA 14 thing. Record posted wasn't in last years game, so that's another fail.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

I've decided to trade this pile of muck in tomorrow and get some money back on what I paid for it. Online (which I only play) is atrocious. Games have declined back into a battle of lobbed through balls like those of yesteryear, and chipped crosses on the edge of the box for cheap headers. also defending is back to the way it used to be years ago; the computer doing most of it for you. Fifa 12 had it the best; it took skill to defend well, now its just hold RB and A, and harry your opponent until the AI wins the ball back.

Also im not sure how the messed up the manual switching so much this year; its not bloody manual, as the computer still switches when it wants to. Absolutely dreadful experience online.

I dont play any fifa games for money anymore, as I dont have anywhere near enough time/patience to practice online as much as I used to, so no big loss.

Ill give PES 2014s full release a go this year. It can't be any worse than this garbage. The demo was pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I'm thinking of getting Fifa on PS4. Just wondering if you can team up with online randoms as a team mate or do you stick to your friends list in co-op.I know there are co-op seasons but I would like the odd one off too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

brianon wrote: »

How much trade in did you get?

I spend about 85% of my time playing all FIFA games in career mode. The interface in 14 is so unresponsive that it takes ages to do anything. I've found online better but the game play is so slow I'm bored within twenty minutes. press your defenders and hoof ball. Brutal game

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mod Note: Lads this is the one and only warning - cut out the personal comments and abuse. Discuss the game or dont bother posting. Any more nonsense and bans will be handed out without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

miralize wrote: »
    At least we're not playing PES

YsOAC8Y.jpg

This cant be real, surely, :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

I wudnt mind in the past few Fifa's there's been hundreds of similar bugs as the video above.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Search into Youtube Fifa Fails and loads of videos will come up

My personal fave is when the player runs away from the referee and the ref chases him off screen to give the red card
    :)

This cant be real, surely, :D:D:D:D:D

On the head son!!!! if pes or fifa had women's soccer this would be great craic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Ever since that KSI video about the lobbed through ball from kick off, every second person is trying it, and its crazy effective. I've conceded about 3 or 4 goals from it... its so frustrating. Strongly considering trading this in.

Digitalism wrote: »
    Ever since that KSI video about the lobbed through ball from kick off, every second person is trying it, and its crazy effective. I've conceded about 3 or 4 goals from it... its so frustrating. Strongly considering trading this in.

It's not new, I noticed lads doing it in previous years aswell with various degrees of success. I remember with one guy I had to hit the offside trap straight away as he got at least one by it.

The corners are whats really getting me.
    Played my first game in a good few days this morning as I had a rough night and needed to clear my head.

He scored two goals, both from corners.... was the first lad I played with a custom corner though all it involved was moving them to a certain standing spot before placing it in.
    I managed to beat him on penos and win the silver cup, but it's just a game ruiner for me as corners are so easy to get with the broken(since 13) tackling system meaning anything within 15 yards off the line is likely to bounce off you and out.

Have it up on adverts for E40, hopefully the PS4 version offers more than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anyone see this? :)

Nolars wrote: »
    Anyone see this? :)

Deadly isn't it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Anyone have trouble downloading this from the PS Store?

Every time I try to download it it signs me out of the network, Im starting to get pretty pissed off now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Have only played this with mates, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Yeah local multiplay is a good laugh. Starting to warm to this game.

Advertisement