Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

miralize wrote: »
    Yeah local multiplay is a good laugh. Starting to warm to this game.

Whats local multiplay

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Whats local multiplay

local multiplayer ...

local multiplayer ...

still lost. are you on bout the co-op seasons or changing the matchmaking to find only local players?

I'm talking about playing a physical person thats sitting beside you on the couch...

I'm talking about playing a physical person thats sitting beside you on the couch...

ahh i get you now. sorry was out last night. not fully with it this morning:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Playing with another physical player, goodluck with that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Nolars wrote: »
    Playing with another physical player, goodluck with that :rolleyes:

I hate that smiley, I'm here stumped trying to judge the context of your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

game does indeed hold up well with local multiplayer, however its let down badly when playing single player versus CPU.

can't have people over to play every night!! unless you're in college

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Where can i the player they call The Interceptor, He is just unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

+1 for local multiplayer. FIFA 14 is good craic with the lads. CPU is totally unbearable though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

the game play is so slow I'm bored within twenty minutes.

Slow? For a football simulation it's way too fast. This year's Pro Evo has got the pace just right (although it got a lot of other things wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Can anyone recommend a team that would be good against Barcelona lining up 5-2-3, with Alves/Puyol/Pique/Masch/Alba, Xavi/Iniesta, Sanchez/Messi/Neymar.

None the usual suspects, ie Bayern Madrid PSG are working for me. Internationals are allowed.

In a mega series with the brother, first to 10, currently 7-2 down because of his team

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

I still can't get why this game is so highly rated, it has felt the same since about 08 and the 95% of the goals are headers or from through balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Go down the wing , cross , header , goal = Fifa 14

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

It's a pity because Ultimate Team is an excellent idea for a game mode, which in my opinion is ruined by FIFA Points and coin buying, unfortunate that the latter can't really be avoided.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi6Nal_YojY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Next-gen, hoping its better than current-gen version!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Bertser wrote: »
    It's a pity because Ultimate Team is an excellent idea for a game mode, which in my opinion is ruined by FIFA Points and coin buying, unfortunate that the latter can't really be avoided.

If they used the gameplay of regular seasons mode for Ultimate team it would be great imo. Cannot stand the arcadey feel playing Ultimate Team.

There are games in Ultimate team when I have a pretty strong indication that the match will be in my favour/against me after about 5 minutes into a match.

You dont get this with regular seasons and it feels much more natural. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

joe123 wrote: »
    If they used the gameplay of regular seasons mode for Ultimate team it would be great imo. Cannot stand the arcadey feel playing Ultimate Team.

There are games in Ultimate team when I have a pretty strong indication that the match will be in my favour/against me after about 5 minutes into a match.

You dont get this with regular seasons and it feels much more natural. :(

I agree, but I must admit that it isn't as bad as last year in that respect, loads of matches last year you could have 20 shots on target and get beat one nil by the opposition's solitary attempt, not so much this year imo

IGN review of next-gen FIFA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXRKPgWaue4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hope its better but worryingly IGN call it a variation on an already brilliant game. FIFA14 on PS3 ain't brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 6andout

Alright lads. I'm here looking for a bit of help and I hope I won't be slated for it!

I'm a pretty casual player but I have always enjoyed the FIFA series. I've found this one very disappointing for one main reason. The user defence AI.

I don't play online. Just career mode. My defence, even with top players, is awful. And it's all the time.

Say I'm controlling the CDM and I get take on and beaten around the edge of the area, if I leave the AI to block, or tackle, it doesn't happen. The CPU just runs past the defence and scores.

However, on the other hand, if I try and flick to the CB to cover the run the momentary change over lets the CPU by or they CB goes hurtling out of position as I take over and the CPU has a free run anyway.

It's a big load of s*it and is ruining the game for me. I might not be the best but I'm certainly not the worst and I've never had this problem before. Is there anything I can do with slider settings (which I have no clue about) to help with this.

Any help appreciated lads.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

Been playing fifa 14 on xbox for the past couple of weeks any my word it has some awful things in the game.

That stupid overhead kick clearance that every player can do when the ball is crossed into the box. The defender can be sprinting at full tilt towards his own goal, cross comes in and without breaking stride he jumps and flips and kicks the ball away.

Over 60% of goals are from crosses/corners. Heading is so OP, any player has the power header trait it seems, the power generated from any sort of a header is just mind boggling. They said they balanced in the patch but my god even the smallest players regularly beat centre backs in the air.

That stupid switching when defending where the defenders always hesitate for a moment when switched to allowing the striker a clean run through. This is highlighted when trying to defend a chipped through ball.

In game penalty decisions, some outrageously bad penalty decisions have been given for me and against me. Just today A chipped through ball bounced int the keepers hand and I pressed B on the pad to shoot just as he caught it, my player made the attempt to kick the ball, hit the keeper, fell down and got a penalty.

Defending in general has been so badly nerfed it's insane, I thought defending in Fifa 13 was a more balanced affair. Any defender trying to track a runner and changing direction results in the defender becoming a clumsy clunky mess.

I'm probably missing a few aswell.

I'd consider myself to be reasonably good at the game, have won division 1 etc. in previous Fifas but I just feel this years Fifa is a massive downgrade on previous years.

Fifa developers are a pile of garbage. How hard is it to assign my my own player in a drop-in match?? Just dont give me a different player, its not difficult.

Quick question that's been bugging me. Can players still do the dummy turn in FIFA 14?

You know the one where you would hold RB and they would let the ball run through their legs, they'd turn and run after it? It was a great way of getting past people who relied on the AI to do their defending.

Ive tried it a few times in FIFA 14 and half the time they wont let the ball run past them, and other times they will just hop out of the way.

Not sure if they have changed something this year to do it the proper way...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, going to be online at 8. Have two achievements left, both requiring a second person so was hoping someone might give me a hand. It's the "Start a co-op seasons" one and "Complete a friendly league" one :) Anyone interested.

Lads, going to be online at 8. Have two achievements left, both requiring a second person so was hoping someone might give me a hand. It's the "Start a co-op seasons" one and "Complete a friendly league" one :) Anyone interested.

U playstation?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

X Box

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Seasons is so much more fun than UT. So much less of the BS.

Seasons is so much more fun than UT. So much less of the BS.

Totally agree. I just dont understand why they can't implement the gameplay of regular seasons into the Ultimate Team framework.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Advertisement