Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I don't think I'll be getting a FIFA game again. I like playing online, but wing play is rampant it kills the game for me... Paying 60€ to get annoyed is madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

erkifino wrote: »
    I don't think I'll be getting a FIFA game again. I like playing online, but wing play is rampant it kills the game for me... Paying 60€ to get annoyed is madness!

i hate this game so much but i'm still playing it for the simple reason of wanting to get in division one. the computer has to be more frustrating then online it seems to know what your going to do before you do.

can someone please explain how they have mastered first touch in relation to turning, stopping quickly and receiving lobbed balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

i hate this game so much but i'm still playing it for the simple reason of wanting to get in division one.
    I remember when I won the Divison 1 title in FIFA12, It ook ages and I felt absolutely no sense of achievement. Barely played 13 and after buying 14 digitally, I wish I hadn't just so I could sell the fecking thing. Damn addictions!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Shocking that the game still stalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It's frozen my PS3 three times today. And it's not my PS3 that's dodgy, I play plenty of other games with no issues at all.

Busted pile of shít.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Apparently its happening on next gen consoles as well. Pathetic from EA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Are ye playing on slims by any chance lads?

have been playing this on old PS3 no problem with no freezing or any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

My PS3 version never froze on my super slim. PS4 version is fine too so far.

saw this on 9gag tonight :D

a75EQEr_700b_v1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads is the freezing mentioned above about when lads quit the game, Ive had 5 games since tuesday night where opponents quit, the screen froze and i had to turn the xbox off and restart it

• Advertisement

Does anyone else have that problem when they pass to a player, he'll just stand there and doesn't respond to the buttons being pressed for a second or two? I thought it was lag or something at first but it happens offline too.

It breaks down so many attacking moves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll just ask one more time...
    Lads, going to be online at 8. Have two achievements left, both requiring a second person so was hoping someone might give me a hand. It's the "Start a co-op seasons" one and "Complete a friendly league" one :) Anyone interested.

On Xbox 360. Gamertag is Shadowclan619.
    Will be only between 8 and 9. Fear if I don't get it done tonight, wont get it done at all, and it'll kill the OCD part of me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

J. Marston wrote: »
    Does anyone else have that problem when they pass to a player, he'll just stand there and doesn't respond to the buttons being pressed for a second or two? I thought it was lag or something at first but it happens offline too.

It breaks down so many attacking moves.

This happened me on Tuesday night all night, then last night it was the opposite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Lads is the freezing mentioned above about when lads quit the game, Ive had 5 games since tuesday night where opponents quit, the screen froze and i had to turn the xbox off and restart it

Im having the exact same problem. Three time this week. An opponent quits and the whole thing freezes. I have to physically switch on and off the xbox. This is only recent.

Why can't EA do manager mode and team management menus properly? Every single year they're a chore to get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

bohsboy wrote: »
    Im having the exact same problem. Three time this week. An opponent quits and the whole thing freezes. I have to physically switch on and off the xbox. This is only recent.

Its in the Ultimate team mode this happens me, I'm only playing that so dont know if its happening in any other mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Its in the Ultimate team mode this happens me, I'm only playing that so dont know if its happening in any other mode.

Happening in seasons too.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

So what do people make of Fifa on PS4/XB1?

Its a big improvement i think, the graphics are amazing too. Its a bit glitchy but they will be removed with the patches

So what do people make of Fifa on PS4/XB1?

Its a big improvement i think, the graphics are amazing too. Its a bit glitchy but they will be removed with the patches

mate of mine got the ps4 at the weekend so naturally I went down to see what it was like. felt fifa is completely different. passing was more fluid. headers and crosses didn't seem as overpowered. have to say I enjoyed it. wish I had bothered saving for ps4 tbh as the ps3 version is crap. having said that I am still playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Anyone fancy a few games of Fifa 14 on Xbox 360?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

J. Marston wrote: »
    Why can't EA do manager mode and team management menus properly? Every single year they're a chore to get through.

Probably for the main reason FM isn't on consoles. Controls are nothing but crap compared to a mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Does anyone know the trade in value off Fifa 14 ps3 in Gamestop or Smyths, just got a email saying its too late to upgrade it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

First Fifa game Im really giving the Ultimate Team a chance in, got to say Im really enjoying it so far. Fantastic getting torn apart by ****e teams at the start and building up a squad capable of mixing it with the best

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

astonaidan wrote: »
    Does anyone know the trade in value off Fifa 14 ps3 in Gamestop or Smyths, just got a email saying its too late to upgrade it

€25 in Xtravision, not sure about the others but will probably be around the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

astonaidan wrote: »

31e cash or 33 to voucher in store in the cex shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Got the most satisfying draw online there now, Playing some English fella, 6th min 1st attack he scored he text me saying, Your in my yard bit*h i passed no remarks, He scored again on his 2nd attack, Same reply with the typical celebration then he scored another, Text me saying my house bit*h just leave, I got one back before h/t same message again just leave, All over him 2nd half scored in 67th min he changed to 5 defenders then straight away so i eventually nicked another goal in the 83rd this was at 1:27 since then i have got 67 messages of him:eek::eek: just got another saying the messages continue tomorrow, Some people eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Got the most satisfying draw online there now, Playing some English fella, 6th min 1st attack he scored he text me saying, Your in my yard bit*h i passed no remarks, He scored again on his 2nd attack, Same reply with the typical celebration then he scored another, Text me saying my house bit*h just leave, I got one back before h/t same message again just leave, All over him 2nd half scored in 67th min he changed to 5 defenders then straight away so i eventually nicked another goal in the 83rd this was at 1:27 since then i have got 67 messages of him:eek::eek: just got another saying the messages continue tomorrow, Some people eh.

Jesus, sounds like a nutjob. If you're on XBOX Live you should just block him, presume its the same on PS3/4.

Nothing sweeter than getting a result against ****ers like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

SuperEagle wrote: »
    Jesus, sounds like a nutjob. If you're on XBOX Live you should just block him, presume its the same on PS3/4.

Nothing sweeter than getting a result against ****ers like that

It's madness over a video game haha but sure there's all sorts out there i suppose i can just picture him breaking his pad :D, On a side note my grammar is appalling!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

really enjoying playing online with FIFA 14 on the ps4. Have got promoted afew seasons on the trot now and beginning to come up against people who are constantly using the aerial through ball to gain attempts on goal.

It very frustrating cause you can see they are going to do it but cant always stop it and its about the only kinda goal i concede now. Can i ask what you actually need to press to do this attack??.. is it simply holding L1 and then pressing 0 to chip one over to the top to the player whose making the run?

Also im not sure if its just me but is there any way to turn off the weird french and german guys who leave their mics on and have to listen to the shouting and awful hip hop they listening too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I was playing a guy the other night on Seasons. He went 1-0 up after the 4th minute. I then got this notification requesting if we could call it a draw and no points would be awarded. Have ye seen this before? And if so how is it done?

Advertisement