Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

SuperEagle wrote: »
    Nothing sweeter than getting a result against ****ers like that

Im by no means a great player but Ive had a couple of absolute epic victories against tosspots like the one described.

Best one, I was Chelsea and he was Barca, I quickly realised he was a far superior player so basically held my 18 yard box and hoofed everything. Injury time, he had a corner and sent the entire lot up, a big hoofed clearance landed on Torres foot and he ran with the panicked defenders almost catching him and lobbed in the winner, my only shot of any note. Out to the corner flag for a mosh pit celebration and watched the full goal replay twice! ;-)

Cue the abusive messages. Priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

bohsboy wrote: »
    Im by no means a great player but Ive had a couple of absolute epic victories against tosspots like the one described.

Best one, I was Chelsea and he was Barca, I quickly realised he was a far superior player so basically held my 18 yard box and hoofed everything. Injury time, he had a corner and sent the entire lot up, a big hoofed clearance landed on Torres foot and he ran with the panicked defenders almost catching him and lobbed in the winner, my only shot of any note. Out to the corner flag for a mosh pit celebration and watched the full goal replay twice! ;-)

That is not the same thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

Mod:

<Snip>

Leave out the abuse..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I don't really see what he did wrong there tbh :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

SuperEagle wrote: »
    I don't really see what he did wrong there tbh :confused:

I think poster is having a laugh and this didnt happen haha. This is exactly the goal chelsea scored vs barca in the Champions League few years ago when they went on to win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I get where this guy is coming from, because who doesn't love beating people who are obviously better than them. And doing it playing the game right too

Hate when it's on the other foot though, 28 shots 1 goal for me, 2 shots 2 goals for him, never so tempted to rage quit with the last min corner

;) Makes the victory all the sweeter.

viper006 wrote: »
    I think poster is having a laugh and this didnt happen haha. This is exactly the goal chelsea scored vs barca in the Champions League few years ago when they went on to win it.

?? Seriously? LOL.

I cant understand the ill feeling. I was playing against a far superior player and hung on by my fingernails by packing my defence and heroics by Cech, I got one chance, one goal.....? I thought it was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

?? Seriously? LOL.

I cant understand the ill feeling. I was playing against a far superior player and hung on by my fingernails by packing my defence and heroics by Cech, I got one chance, one goal.....? I thought it was brilliant.

Watching all the replays and doing the full celebration shows a lack of class. I'd maybe let it slide if your opponent was acting the d!ck during the game but it sounds to me that he played you off the park, you scored a flukey late winner and then you rubbed his nose in it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

?? Seriously? LOL.

I edited the post above to remove the abuse but as Miralize pointed out, what you posted is not referring to the same thing as previous posts.

Previous posts are about players online being twats, shouting abuse down the mic, celebrating every goal and then you beat them and they continue to give a load of abuse..your story has nothing in common with those. You are getting ill feeling because you basically camped around your own box and then managed to score a jammy goal at the end and nick the win even though he had all the chances and was the better player. You then watch the replay and celebrate even though he actually didnt do anything to you the whole game except show he was a far better player than you and you knew you werent able to take im on properly. By celebrating and watching all the replays you are no better than the people the previous posts were complainging about. Personally I would find that boring as hell, camping around my own penalty area and passing it around. I play fifa to play football, score goals, good passing movements. Not to sit there for 80 minutes and bore the opponent to death.

• Advertisement

Watching all the replays and doing the full celebration shows a lack of class. I'd maybe let it slide if your opponent was acting the d!ck during the game but it sounds to me that he played you off the park, you scored a flukey late winner and then you rubbed his nose in it.

Let it slide? Whhhooaaa. What would you do otherwise?

Anyway, late winner, flukey or not, against a far superior opponent, it was brilliant.

As I said, he showed his true colours by sending abusive messages at me afterwards because I had the temerity to play to my strengths which were "hoof it out". What was I expected to do? Play 3-4-3 or something? You've obviously never played a real game of football.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Let it slide? Whhhooaaa. What would you do otherwise?

I'd probably shout YES!, punch the air and then skip the celebrations and replays...but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

SeaDaily wrote: »
    Mod:

<Snip>

Leave out the abuse..

Ah here, I was only messing. It's hardly abuse in fairness, I'm sure the lad's not so sensitive as to be upset at a joke.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

As I said, he showed his true colours by sending abusive messages at me afterwards because I had the temerity to play to my strengths which were "hoof it out".

And you showed yours by celebrating and watching the replays, twice..imo and most others im sure that makes you the bigger culprit.

He was no doubt annoyed to have controlled the game, had the most shots and deserved the win no doubt but you managed to get a flukey win.

Axwell wrote: »
    I edited the post above to remove the abuse but as Miralize pointed out, what you posted is not referring to the same thing as previous posts.

Previous posts are about players online being twats, shouting abuse down the mic, celebrating every goal and then you beat them and they continue to give a load of abuse..your story has nothing in common with those. You are getting ill feeling because you basically camped around your own box and then managed to score a jammy goal at the end and nick the win even though he had all the chances and was the better player. You then watch the replay and celebrate even though he actually didnt do anything to you the whole game except show he was a far better player than you and you knew you werent able to take im on properly. By celebrating and watching all the replays you are no better than the people the previous posts were complainging about. Personally I would find that boring as hell, camping around my own penalty area and passing it around. I play fifa to play football, score goals, good passing movements. Not to sit there for 80 minutes and bore the opponent to death.

Absolute classic.

I will play the game whatever way I choose, if you don't like it, either come up with tactics to beat my system or quit in game. I enjoy playing like that as Im an average, if not poor player. If my tactics worked, it shows I put a bit of strategy and thought into my approach to a game. It happens in real life

I thought it was similar to the earlier poster as I received abusive messages after the game which I thought was amusing as I basically chose to defend for the game. I was a massive underdog and I think I deserve my moment in the sun and not be instructed on how I "should" play the game.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Once you run around the pitch celebrating and watching extensive replays, your true colours are shown.

I couldnt care less how you play the game but your post had nothing to do with the previous topic apart from you fitting the mould of those people were complaining about online. You for some reason think your actions were sporting and you played a good strategic game of football, most would say you were unsporting and the kind of player no one likes playing against (and not because of your strategy or skill at fifa).

If you're on ps3, play me. Don't think im the only one who wants to wup your ass right now

Surywudntya is my psn, im ready whenever

AdamD wrote: »
    Once you run around the pitch celebrating and watching extensive replays, your true colours are shown.

I watched a replay? Oh shame on me.
    I couldnt care less how you play the game but your post had nothing to do with the previous topic apart from you fitting the mould of those people were complaining about online. You for some reason think your actions were sporting and you played a good strategic game of football, most would say you were unsporting and the kind of player no one likes playing against (and not because of your strategy or skill at fifa).

No, you're just not getting it are you? I beat a superior player by playing a certain way. That is sporting, it's not cheating. Find a way to beat me, not my fault 99% of players feel they have to be play open expansive games leaving themselves wide open. Suicide against more skilful players imo.
    I found the abusive messages I received after the game might have been similar to the earlier poster who said he got abusive comments towards him too.
    If you're on ps3, play me. Don't think im the only one who wants to wup your ass right now

Surywudntya is my psn, im ready whenever

Woohh...bad ass alert. Grow up.

No, you're just not getting it are you? The post to which you replied saying you had a similar situation was about players who celebrate goals, watch replays over and over and then give abuse when they get beaten. No one likes playing against these twats. Then you come along and post about your game..where you fluke a win and then decide to celebrate and watch the replays over and over again. See the similarities? There's a common factor..

There is nothing sporting about celebrating repeatedly and watching the replay over and over again. Take away your so called strategy and the tactics and stop trying to deflect from the point being made, at the end of the day you are as unsporting a player as any of the people complained about online in previous posts.

Anyways enough of this trolling about how you play and trying to justify your unsporting behaviour. Back on topic folks..

• Advertisement

This is ridiculous.

Im astonished by your attitude as a MOD especially. I've clearly stated that I am an average/poor player who beat a far superior player by playing a defensive game for which I got abusive messages. You seem to have a problem that I watched a replay of the (satisfying) goal twice by calling me unsporting.

Have you ever played a team sport against a superior opponent in real life?

By the way, nice welcome from a mod to "noobs" to your gaming forums. I enjoy FIFA 14 and thought I could pick up some ideas from here, we have differing styles but your attack on me is out of order and doesn't warrant the "troll" label either.

Shouldn't matter whether he's a mod or not. You're like a child in the way you're posting. The fact you're taking pleasure at doing what makes so many FIFA players miserable and delusional with online games, is why Axwell is saying what is saying.

He messaged you calling you unsporting because you are.

Shouldn't matter whether he's a mod or not. You're like a child in the way you're posting. The fact you're taking pleasure at doing what makes so many FIFA players miserable and delusional with online games, is why Axwell is saying what is saying.

He messaged you calling you unsporting because you are.

Unsporting? I watched a replay twice?

FIFA players are miserable and delusional because somebody played a defensive game against them? Jesus wept. :D

Work around it! Change tactics!

Look at Italy for years, grinding down teams with defensive play only to counter and sucker punch teams. Welcome to the real world.

To quote you
    basically held my 18 yard box and hoofed everything

Italy didnt pass the ball round the back then hoof the ball up hoping that some 90+ pace striker would get lucky

The fact I am a mod has nothing to do with my posting.

The previous posts were about unsporting behaviour, you decided to chime in with your post about the game you played. If you cant see how your actions after scoring match the unsporting behaviour people were previously talking about then it is you who is the delusional one.

As for trolling, thats whats going on. The thread is gone off topic and is now a back and forth about you and you justifying celebrating and watching replays just like the very players you replied in relation to a few posts back.

If you want to talk about FIFA and get some ideas to improve your style of play go ahead but I havent seen any of that in your posts.

So as a mod I said back on topic which you clearly ignored. So I will say it once more, back on topic folks or holidays from the forum will be handed out. End of discussion

As for trolling, thats whats going on.

So as a mod I said back on topic which you clearly ignored. So I will say it once more, back on topic folks or holidays from the forum will be handed out. End of discussion

I've a clean enough record on boards.ie and been around here a long time, but Im going to bite on this one due to your attitude.

I wont be called a troll and will take the hit on this one due to the childish reactions I've got here. This thread was quiet and has only livened up because a low ranking gamer has dug in and had the temerity to beat one of the "down the wing, cross it in," sheep with a Jack Charlton hoof to a lone striker feeling lonesome on the half way line. Worse than that, I watched my replay!!

If you feel that is deserving and condone post-match abusive messages of "noob players", plus your troll calling of me, well fine, holiday me away.

PS. Italy were always hoofers. ;)

This thread was quiet and has only livened up because a low ranking gamer has dug in and had the temerity to beat one of the "down the wing, cross it in," sheep with a Jack Charlton hoof to a lone striker feeling lonesome on the half way line. Worse than that, I watched my replay!!

Ok I will try once more as you seem to be ignoring whats being actually said. Personally I dont really care what tactic you used or how you scored. The point being made is that you scored the goal and decided to celebrate it repeatedly and watch the replays over and over again, you then wonder why people send you abusive messages on FIFA. This is unsporting and you will continue to receive messages from players after games. The same is said of players who send messages after every goal taunting the other player. Its these type of players that were being discussed and what you actually came on to the thread to reply to if you look back. People who do it are frowned upon on the FIFA online community, its unsporting and childish. We ran leagues here for a number of years and sporting behavior was one of the expectations of every player. If you were watching every replay and celebrating every goal you wouldn't be taking part in the leagues for long.

You clearly dont see any issue with your unsporting behavior even though its that very type of behavior you came on here to reply about. If thats the case then we are just going round in circles..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I never begrudge anyone watching a replay for a decent goal or nice finish, ESPECIALLY on Xbox One/PS4 because the slo-mo replays are a thing of beauty.

BUT

If you score a goal and do a big long celebration and then watch all the replays, you are just being a dick.

Fair enough, I appreciate your view but I think you may have misunderstood the point I was trying to make.

I generally don't watch replays but this goal was so satisfying due to being penned in for 93 minutes I literally jumped around my house and looked at the replay. I got abuse not for watching the replay but for my style of play.

Anyway, leave it at that. I apologise if I caused offence.

• Advertisement

Right lads, back on topic and lets leave it at that..

Advertisement