Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

By the way, for anyone who wants a few friendlies be it UT or seasons with other boardsies check out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057114014 and put your gamertags in.

I will sticky it in a few days if theres enough posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Can anyone recommend any good 3.5 star teams?

Ive been using Ecuador, Peru, Anderlecht & Vitesse, any other teams that are decent?

Sick of playing against Real, Barca, Bayern, City etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Anybody ever use Argentina? I can't recall ever playing against them online in the last few years so i used them the other night and just felt like i was cheating.

No never used Argentina, cant recall coming up against them either

Good at going forward, but bad in defence?

• Advertisement

No never used Argentina, cant recall coming up against them either

Good at going forward, but bad in defence?

In other Fifas they where i just used 3 at the back, Zabeleta, Garay and Campagnaro, Mascherano can go there either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Ive been using Ecuador, Peru, Anderlecht & Vitesse, any other teams that are decent?

Don't know about 3.5 bout you try c ska Moscow. Only team I've used in seasons for last 3 years. Think they are 4.5. Ya won't meet Madrid or barca

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Barca B have so much pace if you're into that sort of thing.

Ive tried CSKA before Doumbia & Musa up front?

Barca B, never actually thought of them. Ill give them a go later

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭SeaDaily

I'd recommend Reading. They're a quality team full of pace. You have Drenthe on one wing and Kebé on the other. I love playing with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

CSKA are a great team in it, good strong squad with some serious pace. Musa is very quick and Akinfeev superb in goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

CSKA are class but they've lost Honda after the latest squad update. Still have Elm to take free kicks though & Doumbia is great up front.

In terms of 3.5 star teams, I've played with Celtic a few times and they're fairly decent

SuperEagle wrote: »
    CSKA are class but they've lost Honda after the latest squad update. Still have Elm to take free kicks though & Doumbia is great up front.

In terms of 3.5 star teams, I've played with Celtic a few times and they're fairly decent

ahhh f**k not honda :( he was my go to man. what team did he fcek off too
    never bothered with musa but guna have to now i say

ahhh f**k not honda :( he was my go to man. what team did he fcek off too
    never bothered with musa but guna have to now i say

AC Milan

I tried Reading there the other day, didnt really connect with them. They have Drenthe alright, but Kebe signed for Palace during the summer, and hes on loan with Leeds now i think. Pogrebnyak up front is a donkey! They are not bad at the back tho ill give them that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I never begrudge anyone watching a replay for a decent goal or nice finish, ESPECIALLY on Xbox One/PS4 because the slo-mo replays are a thing of beauty.

BUT

If you score a goal and do a big long celebration and then watch all the replays, you are just being a dick.

Completely agree. Some lad scored a 40 yard dipping shot against me with Ronaldo. He watched every replay and rightly so. It looked amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

By far the most annoying thing is the lads that play the high pressure system. Not even sure how they do it, but its definitely not all manual. You get two players charging at your player on the ball at all times, gives you no time.

Highly satisfying beating them though I have to say. There is usually no skill behind the pressure, so they can be picked of frequently enough. Always the ones that throw their toys out of the pram and quite if 2/3 down as well ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

niallo24 wrote: »
    By far the most annoying thing is the lads that play the high pressure system. Not even sure how they do it, but its definitely not all manual. You get two players charging at your player on the ball at all times, gives you no time.

Highly satisfying beating them though I have to say. There is usually no skill behind the pressure, so they can be picked of frequently enough. Always the ones that throw their toys out of the pram and quite if 2/3 down as well ha ha!

100 pressure and 100 aggression when you start attacking in your own half. They then switch to 100 aggression and 0 pressure when you get into their half. It's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

miralize wrote: »
    100 pressure and 100 aggression when you start attacking in your own half. They then switch to 100 aggression and 0 pressure when you get into their half. It's ridiculous.

Jaysus, why do they switch to 0 pressure when you are in their half out of interest?

Why is it every time i get to a final match i play somebody from Saudi Arabia and the connections awful? Got to UT tournament final last night and the game was unplayable then today final season match needed a win same thing again, Both Saudi Arabia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Does Fifa still need an online pass from EA to play online? Got a lend of it from a friend so won't have the free pass if it does

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Rushden wrote: »
    Does Fifa still need an online pass from EA to play online? Got a lend of it from a friend so won't have the free pass if it does

No it doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Just played a lad online there - I had 26 shots, 12 on target and hit the woodwork five times. He had one shot (a header) and won the game 1-0, ran to the halfway line and did the robot celebration when he scored then watched all the replays :rolleyes:.

Sent me messages afterwards saying I was rubbish, etc. I offered him a rematch and surprise surprise he declined. I reckon if I'd played him another 50 times I'd have won every time. Lads like that would make you want to give up online play completely (I know I won't though :pac:)

On a separate note, I've noticed when playing as 4.5 star teams I always seem to be matched against Everton. I played Everton 8 times in a row earlier, are they really that good? I must try them a few times tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I've actually been lucky this year with online play, i've played 60 odd games and i can't recall any real bad players, yanno the massive pace whores etc

I've usually been matched up with someone even enough, but i go on runs a lot. Like ill win 9 in a row playing well, and will lose 5 not being able to do a thing

I also got a quiter before the 5 min mark, went straight back into it, and got matched with him again. 2-0 up by 20, and quits again

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Why is it every time i get to a final match i play somebody from Saudi Arabia and the connections awful? Got to UT tournament final last night and the game was unplayable then today final season match needed a win same thing again, Both Saudi Arabia.

I cannot for the life of me understand how I get matched against people from Saudi Arabia so often playing fut seasons. It's bizarre :confused: and as you say the connection is generally awful. I try to avoid playing them as much as I can but sometimes you get matched 2 or 3 times and you're just like ah come on then! Or it'll show you 3 bars but when the game kicks off it's a lagfest.

On a side note, the full backs positioning in this game is absolutely atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Was wondering could help with trouble im having with FIFA 14 FUT.

I am trying to play this for the first time on FIFA 14 and its asking me for a security question. I cant remember what the question is not a mind the answer.

The problem is i cant find how to reset the question. Im logging into my EA account and cant see where to do this and when i login into my origin account the questions to choose from there dont match the list of security question choices on fifa 14. I just dont know what im doing wrong..

Anyone offer any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

viper006 wrote: »
    Was wondering could help with trouble im having with FIFA 14 FUT.

I am trying to play this for the first time on FIFA 14 and its asking me for a security question. I cant remember what the question is not a mind the answer.

The problem is i cant find how to reset the question. Im logging into my EA account and cant see where to do this and when i login into my origin account the questions to choose from there dont match the list of security question choices on fifa 14. I just dont know what im doing wrong..

Anyone offer any advice?

Get the question wrong 5 times and they will lock your account. When you sign in to ultimate team again on your console, you will be asked to make a new security question.

so are you saying get the question wrong 5 times on the fifa 14 on the ps4 and when locked then must i go in the 6th time it will ask for a new question?

cheers for the help

viper006 wrote: »
    so are you saying get the question wrong 5 times on the fifa 14 on the ps4 and when locked then must i go in the 6th time it will ask for a new question?

cheers for the help

Something like that. It will probably send an email to your account and get you to reset the ea password and the ut security question

• Advertisement

Something like that. It will probably send an email to your account and get you to reset the ea password and the ut security question

Sorry that didn't work.. Literally when I press into ultimate team it's asking to choose a security questioning type and retype an answer then submit. It's just keeps saying your security question cudnt be created. I just tried 6 times in a row there and I can't find where I'm reset security question?

Anyone help with this?

Advertisement