Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    They have been telling us about "protect the ball" and not sprinting all game for years now. I am normally not fussed with those trailers but that is easily the most underwhelming one I've ever seen.

What I will say is that I dont mind if it's FIFA 13.5 SO LONG AS the next gen version has been given more work and is of better quality, but it took EA a good 3 years to make a decent showing on 360/PS3 so I'm not really confident of that being the case.

08 was the first game in the PS3/360 gen no:confused: and was quite sluggish. 09 was a good game in fairness but was pace whored too much. 10 and especially world cup game had the perfect balance before the tactical defending yoke was implemented. Your right though there should be teething problems for the first year or so. Doubt Il be purchasing the new gen console until late 2014 early 2015 anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Fix the refs
    Fix the scripting
    Fix the switching between players

Best Fifa ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Fowler87 wrote: »
    08 was the first game in the PS3/360 gen no:confused: and was quite sluggish. 09 was a good game in fairness but was pace whored too much. 10 and especially world cup game had the perfect balance before the tactical defending yoke was implemented. Your right though there should be teething problems for the first year or so. Doubt Il be purchasing the new gen console until late 2014 early 2015 anyhow.

No, FIFA 06 RTFWC was a 360 launch title, then came 2006 FIFA World Cup, then FIFA 07, then UEFA Champions League 07/08, then FIFA 08.

Then FIFA 09 which was the first actually good FIFA on next gen. I was playing FIFA semi-professionally back then, competed in FIWC 07 and 08 and World Cyber Games 07 and 08, and until FIFA 08 it was like a job, FIFA for money/to compete, PES for a good footy game. PES became unplayable in 08 and while I was enjoying FIFA then, it wasn't until 2010 World Cup where I had a footy game I actually felt emotion while playing, like I really cared about the result. I'm not sure quite how they captured that but it was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

BMau1GSCUAA_nwb.jpg:large

new Trailer coming tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I don't get those promotonial close-ups. 1. They don't get much better compared to the previous year and 2. When you're playing the game ye barely notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I like that they've made the crowd something now.

I like that they've made the crowd something now.

Yep. And the fact that the trailer there is from a pre-alpha build of the in game engine, it's going to look bloody gorgeous. Just give me a FIFA where pace isn't everything and good passers can thread the needle, A isn't the "defend button", with those graphics, and you'll have me happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Yep. And the fact that the trailer there is from a pre-alpha build of the in game engine, it's going to look bloody gorgeous. Just give me a FIFA where pace isn't everything and good passers can thread the needle, A isn't the "defend button", with those graphics, and you'll have me happy out.

Surely that should be the demand. I can't fathom why people are so hung up on the crowds - you hardly see them and they don't affect the game. In game graphics I get moreso, but the camera is still fairly far away...

Mechanics should be the be all and end all. Noone will see those fancy crowds if the gameplay is muck!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Hopefully this new gen of console will bring in time an end to assisted controls (to an extent) in Fifa. They've made a small push in sorts last couple years but with the scope they have to work with now (ea ignite etc) they can take the football sim to another level with hopefully manual controls at the core.

• Advertisement

I'd also like to see the end of user controlled celebrations. Why give online muppets a tool to ruin the online experience even more. There is nothing to gain from having them, only the agony of watching a sweaty pass for a tap in be celebrated by a pacey Brazilian winger running the length of the pitch with his finger on his lips.

The way celebrations are done in the latest PES games is far more enjoyable. Unlike the older PES games when players would run to the corner flag and just... thrust... on their own for a couple of seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Fix the refs
    Fix the scripting
    Fix the switching between players

Best Fifa ever.

Just make it exactly like FIFA 11 tbh and it's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd also like to see the end of user controlled celebrations. Why give online muppets a tool to ruin the online experience even more. There is nothing to gain from having them, only the agony of watching a sweaty pass for a tap in be celebrated by a pacey Brazilian winger running the length of the pitch with his finger on his lips.

The way celebrations are done in the latest PES games is far more enjoyable. Unlike the older PES games when players would run to the corner flag and just... thrust... on their own for a couple of seconds.
    Online play:
    Remove match intros
    Remove match outros
    Remove celebrations
    One replay max on a goal
    Remove rain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

EA owe me many a broken controller for that ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I love the celebrations.. makes the games more fun! :D Nothing beats a shhhhhhh followed by a quick robot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Lamposts wrote: »
    I love the celebrations.. makes the games more fun! :D Nothing beats a shhhhhhh followed by a quick robot.

Lad get some deodorant will ya ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

The user controlled celebrations are all part of the craic imo but they definitely need to cut the length of time ye get for then. FFS if you play it right you can get about 20 seconds of just running around like a tw@t and thats usually the last thing ya need when you've been scripted out of a match :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No, just no. Its always the bellends using Brazilian teams too. Just do everyone a favour and keel over.

Quick robot? Quick?

There is nothing bloody quick about that robot! :pac:

The dead fish celebration is the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

With over 3.4 million matches played daily, Ultimate Team is the most popular game mode within EA SPORTS FIFA. This year, FIFA 14: Ultimate Team will take the mode to new heights with a wealth of fresh features such as FUT Chemistry Styles, squad customization, and more.
    Let’s take a look at the new additions coming to FIFA 14: Ultimate Team:
    fifa14-fut14-fullbackpress.jpg

Deeper chemistry system: In FIFA 14, you can customize your squad to play any style of football with all-new FUT Chemistry Styles. FUT Chemistry Styles and Loyalty will make each player and every team unique. These aspects replace player formation and morale in the mode.
    There are a variety of different FUT Chemistry Styles for goalkeepers, defenders, midfielders and forwards. Every Chemistry Style affects different player attributes, which makes each individual play styles stand out within the game.
    Much like in the real world of football, the choices you make will influence your team’s performance. The goal is to create the ideal chemistry within your squad, which will enable your team to reach its true potential.
    For example, if you want to increase your striker’s scoring ability, you may choose to apply an Attacking Chemistry Style to boost their attacking attributes.
    fifa14-fut14-fullbackpress-chem.jpg
    Online Single Matches: The community’s most sought-after feature returns in FIFA 14. Players will be able to test their talents in single game matches online against rivals.
    Expanded Seasons Mode: Compete online or offline in Seasons Mode, featuring 10 divisions with promotion, relegation, coveted titles and the chance to qualify for tournaments. The new historic Seasons stats will track your results, and you can earn rewards such as coins, items, and players along the way.
    New Transfer Market search & compare options: A new streamlined, user-friendly search interface enables you to seek out players by name on the Transfer Market and compare them to your roster.
    Player Loyalty: Players found in packs automatically start with a loyalty Chemistry boost, but those acquired in the Transfer Market do not.These players need to play 10 matches before they unlock loyalty.

New squad customization options: For the first time ever in FIFA Ultimate Team, you’ll be able to customize your squad’s kit numbers and set-piece takers directly from the squad screen.
    For more information on FIFA 14: Ultimate Team, be sure to follow us on [URL="htto://www.twitter.com/easportsfifa"]Twitter[/URL] and Like us on Facebook.
    Be sure to pre-order FIFA 14 now to not miss out on the many exclusive offers available.

EA SPORTS FIFA ‏@EASPORTSFIFA 1h Use Chemistry Styles to enhance player's base attributes to fit your style of play. Over 20+ styles available. #FUT14 pic.twitter.com/eVsIieYYam

EA SPORTS FIFA ‏@EASPORTSFIFA 1h
    #FUT14 Seasons now expanded to 10 divisions http://bit.ly/1aDkt1Y

New #FUT14 transfer market and compare options. Search for players by name: http://bit.ly/17xgLFh

New squad customization options: set your kit numbers and set-piece takers right from the squad screen #FUT14 #FIFA14 http://bit.ly/17xh1UP

Chem Styles example: apply an Attacking Chem Style to improve your striker's Heading and Shooting, making him a deadly Finisher. #FUT14

20+ Chem Styles will be available. A player's base attributes will be permanently enhanced until a new Chem Style is applied. #FUT14

Chemistry Styles and Loyalty replace Formations & Morale. Formation and Morale items will no longer be in FUT. #FUT14 http://bit.ly/15aIj30

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Don't like the sound of that TBH.

All they've done is removed attribute cards and implemented them into your formations.

I can see any Striker with 75pace getting a boost.

I hope they make the Chemistry actually count for something. Too often you see guys just shoehorning pacey players into a team/formation that they arent familiar with and they play just as well as a team of 100 chemistry players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

glad to see more divisions at least in ulimate team. hopefully bigger coin rewards

If theres a speed chemistry boost it will be brutal with the amount of people using it online .

Ive always hated booster cards in UT. If you buy Ibra or Carrol or other big strikers you shouldn't be able to make them faster

If theres a speed chemistry boost it will be brutal with the amount of people using it online .

Ive always hated booster cards in UT. If you buy Ibra or Carrol or other big strikers you shouldn't be able to make them faster

Nothing worse than a final match and your opponent has a full team of big strong players and has them all on +10 everything :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

How FIFA 14 developers resist the urge to focus on gimmicks
    EA Sports' FIFA Soccer franchise is one of a precious few in the sports genre that garners perennial critical acclaim as well as world-beating commercial success. Yet the explanation for that success, according to developer EA Canada, is actually rather mundane.

"I think the main thing that keeps us ahead of the curve is focusing on the right thing. So, staying away from gimmicky features that sound marketable, are costly and at the end of the day, our end fans — it's not what they want," said Santiago Jaramillo, a producer on FIFA 14, in an interview with Polygon last week.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/26/4559790/fifa-14-hands-on-ps3-xbox-360-ea-canada-interview

Further down the article he mentions how similar it is to FIFA 13.

I guess it's the FIFA 13.5 for PS3/360 version though so I wouldn't really be bothered about the negative reaction.(if by calling it similar is a negative point)

Wonder when we'll see the Ignite engine coverage?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

New Ultimate Team video.

I'm still don't fully understand Chemistry Styles..

If it means player stats only increase when you add a chem style card, then that's brillante.

If not.. It could be a disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    New Ultimate Team video.

I'm still don't fully understand Chemistry Styles..

If it means player stats only increase when you add a chem style card, then that's brillante.

If not.. It could be a disaster.

Attribute cards are gone (AFAIK). Chemistry styles are a permanent change (boost). About 20 different styles - some position specific (i.e. GK). Some will have a small influence on many attributes, while others (rarer) will have a larger impact on one or two.

Can be used to make up for a weakness or highlight a strength...i.e. Pace!

🤪

Advertisement